Metal Storm logo
Vibeke Stene - Is NOT The New Nightwish Vocalist

[News report derived from the original Blabbermouth report]

Norwegian ex-Tristania singer Vibeke Stene has shot down reports that she has joined Nightwish as the replacement for Tarja Turunen.

Yesterday, Blabbermouth.net(!) published the rumors that Stene accepted the job as new vocalist for the Finnish symphonic metal band, after the misinterpretation and misunderstanding of an article in Finland's biggest tabloid, Ilta-Sanomat (you can find that article here).

However, according to Stene, "That is not true. I would not want to sing for Nightwish," she told the Norwegian newspaper VG.

Stene believes that it might not be a coincidence that the rumors have surfaced around the time of the release of the new Tristania album.

According to Vibeke, Tristania's record label asked her a year ago if it was OK for them to put out the rumor that she was going to take over the singer slot in Nightwish. This was in order to generate interest in Tristania, which Stene quit three weeks ago "due to personal reasons."

However, "I said no," says Stene.

The only public information about the new vocalist that has come out of the Nightwish camp so far has been offered by the group's manager, Ewo Pohjola (a.k.a. Ewo Rytkönen) of King Foo Entertainment. "She is getting along very well with the guys," he said. "She is very talented, clever and sweet."

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Posted: 21.03.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 20 users
21.03.2007 - 14:36
GT
Coffee!!
Haha...nice publicity stunt from the record company if they did it any way.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
21.03.2007 - 14:48
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
maybe many Nightwish fans had already had a 'great' expectation after hearing the previous news?
----
that which shines without names and forms...
21.03.2007 - 14:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hahaha well we will see new Nightwish vocalist soon and well if Vibeka lies she shood by to all fans beer/wine and give lil' kiss
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.03.2007 - 15:17
Etaín

This was kinda obvious ...
21.03.2007 - 17:21
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
This was obvious, Tristania and Nightwish are completely different bands. Vibeke wouldn't fit in Nightwish
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
21.03.2007 - 19:14
RavenLord

Thank God they didn't let the record company put around that rumour...do the companies think that bands will simply whore themselves out for money? At least Vibeke has shown that she has dignity...more than Tarja had, at least. I agree that Vibeke would not have worked well in Nightwish, as I don't feel she could fill the role of frontwoman well...she doesn't seem much of a prima donna, to me.
----
21.03.2007 - 19:26
Bitch Boy

I agree with RavenLord. It's great that the label didn't use this rumour. Anyway, all this Vibeke stuff I think gives more interest to Nightwish rather than Tristania.
21.03.2007 - 21:44
Daru Jericho

If anyone believed this rumour they're stupid.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

23.03.2007 - 08:21
Ireth Alcarin
Account deleted
I agree with Daru Jericho. Who could ever believe such a stupid thing?
23.03.2007 - 11:53
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Bah, we will see...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Hits total: 3535 | This month: 3