Additional info
Genre: Heavy Metal
Running Time: 54:31

Recording Lineup:
Vocals: Sven D'Anna
Guitars: Dano Boland
Bassguitar: Volker Leson
Drums: Sören van Heek (Snoppi)

- The album is a concept album with an ownwritten concept.

Staff review by
Bas
Rating:
Ah, the new Wizard release. I've been waiting for this one for quite a while, so a few days after it was released I went to the city to my favourite CD shop and bought it, hoping for the same splendour as on the two previous albums Odin and Magic Circle. Did they do it again? Hell yes they did!

After a calm intro which introduces the setting of the concept story to us, the album begins with a killer track. Honestly, which heavy/power metal fan will be able to not sing along to this pure catchiness? "She is the witch of the enchanted forest!". Oh yes she is, but I doubt the forest is the only one who's enchanted, I am too. This whole album continues in the same great way. Awesome riffs, variated midtempo/fast drumming, amazing vocals, a few very melodic breaks, a few straightforward fast-hitting sections and a lot of catchy texts and epic atmospheres. Basically I can say that this CD has everything a heavy metal fan could want, apart maybe from an 'oldschool' feeling, but then again I personally don't really mind that loss.

Read more ››
published 06.03.2007 | Comments (9)

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 20 users
06.04.2016 - 16:36
Rating: 5
Joppe
Steelemeister
2nd weak album a row. Seems like the band is losing it's heaviness, partly due to the production but also the band sounds somehow less metal than before. Songs are average, cannot find any really good tracks like they used to have on the past albums. I kinda have feeling that Wizard is doing the same as Manowar did; selling out, doing this soft metal close to euro power stuff and calling it true. Well, they may fool others and they may fool themselves but they cannot fool me: this is far from true metal, this is rather wimp metal.
----
My vision is augmented
19.06.2019 - 12:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Thisis good albun, a bit weaker as older ones, but I dont know, it works fine, good riffs, HM, PM, good lyrics and all in the level
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 5232 | This month: 7