Metal Storm logo
Rammstein

23.05.2006 - 00:14
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Believe me, there was no Rammstein topic before.

One of the most well-known German bands. They started their characteristic Industrial sound with Herzeleid, which had powerful songs like "Asche Zu Asche" or "Du Riechst So Gut". Then came Sehnsucht, a musically more mature work ("Spiel Mit Mir", "Tier", "Engel") that included their hit "Du Hast". In 2001, Rammstein released their masterpiece Mutter (their best album so far in my opinion) with great songs like "Feuer Frei!", "Links 234" or "Spieluhr".

After the release of "Mutter", many Rammstein fans were disappointed, as the band recorded a blatantly weaker album called Reise, Reise. This one featured some radio-friendly songs that kept the old Rammstein sound ("Amerika", "Stein Um Stein"), but the inclusion of an annoying female voice in "Moskau", a simple rhythm with no structure in "Los" and those two ballads to finish the album ("Ohne Dich", "Amour") didn't please the broad fanbase of the band in general. Last year, their last album, Rosenrot, came to the light. It was another controversial album that features an unorthodox song sung in Spanish ("Te Quiero Puta!") and a duet with Till Lindemann and Sharleen Spiteri ("Stirb Nicht Vor Mir") among other songs.

My favourite Rammstein album is Mutter and my favourite songs by them are "Asche Zu Asche", "Feuer Frei!" and "Stirb Nicht Vor Mir" (which I find so beautiful). What do you think about this band?

Remember not to spam!
23.05.2006 - 00:28
Trifixion
Account deleted
Yes the guys from Rammstein make up one hell of a band. Actually they were my first real metal band after Korn and whatnot and helped me get into metal how I am today. It all started when I heard Wiesess Fleisch on a music video someone made that I came across online. I was like WOW that's one awesome song so I downloaded it and loved them Mutter is also my favorite and for a nice change of pace sometimes Rosenrot is cool, although I know alot of fans weren't too happy with it.
23.05.2006 - 00:48
Markku
Account deleted
I liked them before I even got seriously into metal.
I enjoy the two first album a lot, Mutter quite good but had some weak sons on it imo.

Reise reise got me so dissapointed I stopped following the works of Rammstein, tell me guys is the new album worth digging in again?
23.05.2006 - 00:54
Trifixion
Account deleted
@Markku- Well it's really different from other releases, it's alot softer and just has a lighter tone to it all around, so don't expect anything like Mutter. But I like it, it's definetly a change. You may want to check it out.
23.05.2006 - 20:16
GT
Coffee!!
Wuhu...finally a Rammstein tread. Wasn't allowed to create one, so I've just been waiting.

Rammstein is one of my favorite bands. I really like their (IMO) unique sound, Tanz-metal as they call it themselves.
I think their best album was "Mutter", but I do not agree that their last to don't sound like Rammstein. To me "Reise, Reise" and "Rosenrot" proves that the band can evolve and still maintain the "Rammstein" touch. Yeah sure there were some surprises and some tracks that I didn't like at first. But as I got used to them I started to like them as well ("Ein Lied" and "Feuer Und Wasser").
"Stirbt Nicht Vor Mir" is one of my favorites on "Rosenrot". I think the voice of Sharleen Spiteri (not Nina Hagen as mentioned above) from popband "Texas" goes very well with Till Lindemann's.
The tracks "Mann Gegen Mann" and "Zerstören" reminds me quite a lot of old time Rammstein.
I'm looking forward to their next album and to see what surpises they've got for us.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
24.05.2006 - 01:49
Horlequism
Account deleted
Well, I have Sehnsucht as well as some various songs....Sehnsucht has Du Hast which is one of the most widly known songs by them...even though they are a unique band, KMFDM is a better industrial band ...Ram is harder and heavier though...
24.05.2006 - 04:49
__Az__

No.... No... Please>> Not Rammstein... Sorry If I offend but I cant stand them... Theyre catchy, I admit that... But catchiness doesnt win fans...
24.05.2006 - 10:40
Corintios

i think rammstein is a primary good step. Dommed the ones who like slipknot !F"ck! .
Im deep in metal now but still think that mutter is rammstein's master piece
----
THE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE ARE INVISIBLE TO MANKIND
24.05.2006 - 10:46
LeDruide

The last two albums are a bit different but Mutter was different from the two first ones too, less "electric" and heavier in a way. Reise Reise was, in a part, a come-back to Herzeleid and Sehnsucht mixed with Mutter. Rosenrot is in the same way with old rammstein style Benzin, Mann Gegen Mann und Zerstören, more experimental songs with Rosenrot and Te Quiero Puta! with mariachis. They have kept the same power since the beginning. I saw them on the Reise Reise tour and it was a hell of a concert. A band has to variate their sounds and influences though keeping their touch, just as they are doing till now, unless they become boring, always playing the same things.
24.05.2006 - 15:16
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
good band.. well i really like some stuff of them.. but well.. they get me bored.. i don't know why but it's a good band and well they're last cd i think it's called "Rosenrot" it was quit good.... but the older ones are better..:cool:
26.05.2006 - 02:22
Prinz Dracul II
Account deleted
I think Rammstein is very special. Their style and sound is different to metal but nevertheless it is metal...rude and fleshly metal. I like them so much because they sing german and because of the power in their songs. It's great and unique.
Actually I don't like the newer albums "Rosenrot, Reise Reise" and Mutter is for me also the best.
28.05.2006 - 20:01
DLMokoma
Account deleted
I like Rammstein really much. Except that Reise Reise isn't so good album than the old ones and Rosenrot was even bigger dissapointment to me. It felt like Rosenrot's songs were just some random pieces during the years which weren't yet used. The songs just don't form a whole album. The only good songs from that album are Hilf Mir and Rosenrot. Reise Reise is a bit better but not so good. Mutter rocks.
30.05.2006 - 06:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
i enjoy a few rammstein songs, i really liked reise reise but i was extremely disapointed with rosenrot. other than the song "zerstoren" the whole album felt like a bunch of filler songs.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
06.06.2006 - 18:34
Kurzag
Account deleted
They was the baand that led my into metal and I´m still a fan of them. I like Rosenrot, much better than Reise, Reise, The songs on Rosenrot is more slower than the other releases. But the best album has to be Mutter. The most dark and heavy album of them, with great songs as Spieluhr, Ich Will, and Rein Raus. Rammstein´s lyrics is actually quite funny if you understands them.
IMO, they are also one of the best live bands out there. Their pyro effects is just awesome.
09.06.2006 - 23:32
DLMokoma
Account deleted
I just have the Rosenrot album, somebody bought me that as a christmas present (thank you). I must buy the elder releases, 'cause I love the songs that I've heard from them.
12.06.2006 - 02:13
LuciferSam
Account deleted
nowadays there is a resemblance between rammstein and samael ("reign of light").
i like fire, i love to dance, i like rammstein. indeed, their sound is unique, as well the fact that they sing in german. very courageous!
12.06.2006 - 15:49
Damnated
Churchburner
I really love Sehnsucht and Mutter, thosee albums are just masterpieces, I knew every damn song, word fro word, and I don't even speak the language.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
12.06.2006 - 21:33
GT
Coffee!!
@Damnated: hehe that's quite impressive then...but those two albums are just so brilliant that you can't stop listing to them...and then the lyrics kinda sticks
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
13.06.2006 - 10:49
Mr.666
Account deleted
I'd Like it
16.06.2006 - 12:09
Nightwish15
Account deleted
Rammstein... Yes, yes.. It is really just like SOAD.. check my post there ^^
Its like.. I got into them really intens a couple of years ago,, After a couple of months I never listened it anymore..
But a few weeks ago I got into them again
they kick ass
16.06.2006 - 15:55
Stigmatized
I like Rammstein, stuff like Mutter. But I just got Reise, Reise and I'm curious. Anyone have the lyrics for the song "Amerika"? I can't speak German, so I need a translation to English.
16.06.2006 - 16:10
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Nothing special, if you ask me. Well, actually special, but not in a good way. No, I don't like them.

However, they have a real good live show!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.06.2006 - 16:22
Lucas
Mr. Noise
We're all living in America
America is marvelously
we're all living in America
America
America

America is marvelously
America
America

When there's a dance I want to lead
even if it leaves you alone
little to control
I show you how it goes

We form a dear Reigen (?)
the liberty plays on all to play the violin music comes from the white house and before Paris is located Mickey Mouse

America is marvelously
America
America

I know the steps of those useful
and against absence ride it will protect you
and who does not want to dance at the conclusion white not yet that he dance must ?

We form a dear Reigen (?)
I for you the direction to show to Africa comes Santa Claus and before Paris is located to Mickey mouse

America is marvelously
America
America

Coca Cola, Wonderbra
America
America

This is not a love song
This is not a love song
I don't sing my mother tongue
No, this is not a love song

America is marvelously
America
America

Coca Cola, sometimes war
America
America

This is a VERY bad translation, taken from Babelfish and slighty adjusted by me here and there. It is to give you an idea, if you want a better translation, you may want to ask someone else.

*I know Bas2 once made a real translation of a Lacrimosa song *
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.06.2006 - 16:42
Thryce
Retired Staff
I saw them live next year but I found their show pretty boring actually... Yeah a lot of fire... woohoo ... I guess
But - to be honest - I never really liked them anyway. I only like very few songs (like Ich Will) and during summer I occasionally listen to 'Live Aus Berlin' because one of my friends with whom I hang out then, is a Rammstein fan. And also the Kerosin Remix By Apocalyptica of 'Benzin' is pretty sweet.

So back to the show, they didn't impress me at all. Very loud, yes; very good, no, far from.

@ Nightwish15 : System Of A Down and Rammstein have - apart from their commercial name and fame - absolutely nothing incommon!
----
Your favorite band sucks.
16.06.2006 - 18:25
Stigmatized
@Nervel- Thanks man. They really don't make sense to me though....
16.06.2006 - 18:41
Lucas
Mr. Noise
No problem. That might be because I translated them.
----

16.06.2006 - 20:39
LeDruide

Written by Stigmatized on 16.06.2006 at 18:25

It's a song against the hegemonia of American culture and language.

Concerning the shows, they're really awesome, the effects fit the songs very well.
17.06.2006 - 00:34
Stigmatized
Written by LeDruide on 16.06.2006 at 20:39

Written by Stigmatized on 16.06.2006 at 18:25

It's a song against the hegemonia of American culture and language.

Concerning the shows, they're really awesome, the effects fit the songs very well.

That makes sense. It is everywhere....
17.06.2006 - 13:47
marinBG

Ramstein are Ramstein. Something completly uniquie and complitly brutal and rawking! I love thier sound, I love thier performace! One of the best bands to see live...
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
23.06.2006 - 14:28
DLMokoma
Account deleted
One swedish band, I don't remember the name has a same kind of song than Amerika, and now they're saying that Rammstein stole it from them. The guys from Rammstein say that they have never heard this swedish band, or something like that. That's what I read from an interwiew of this swedish band.