Metal Storm logo
Rammstein

Original post

Posted by Taktsekte, 23.05.2006 - 00:14
Believe me, there was no Rammstein topic before.

One of the most well-known German bands. They started their characteristic Industrial sound with Herzeleid, which had powerful songs like "Asche Zu Asche" or "Du Riechst So Gut". Then came Sehnsucht, a musically more mature work ("Spiel Mit Mir", "Tier", "Engel") that included their hit "Du Hast". In 2001, Rammstein released their masterpiece Mutter (their best album so far in my opinion) with great songs like "Feuer Frei!", "Links 234" or "Spieluhr".

After the release of "Mutter", many Rammstein fans were disappointed, as the band recorded a blatantly weaker album called Reise, Reise. This one featured some radio-friendly songs that kept the old Rammstein sound ("Amerika", "Stein Um Stein"), but the inclusion of an annoying female voice in "Moskau", a simple rhythm with no structure in "Los" and those two ballads to finish the album ("Ohne Dich", "Amour") didn't please the broad fanbase of the band in general. Last year, their last album, Rosenrot, came to the light. It was another controversial album that features an unorthodox song sung in Spanish ("Te Quiero Puta!") and a duet with Till Lindemann and Sharleen Spiteri ("Stirb Nicht Vor Mir") among other songs.

My favourite Rammstein album is Mutter and my favourite songs by them are "Asche Zu Asche", "Feuer Frei!" and "Stirb Nicht Vor Mir" (which I find so beautiful). What do you think about this band?

Remember not to spam!
01.11.2009 - 00:14
NiederHaven
I expected a better job for this album.. It's not a bad album, but it could be better... I'm a little disappointed...
21.11.2009 - 04:53
The Impaler
IMO, Liebe ist Fuer Alle Da is the best album as a whole that Rammstein has released since Sehnsucht. Rosenrot was the bottom of the barrel as far as Raamstein goes, Reise, Reise and Mutter were both okay albums....awesome songs but the album as a whole was nothing special. LIFAD is the first album in 10 years from Rammstein that I can listen to cover to cover
----
We were masters of life and death,
In that specific moment.
And we chose death.
25.11.2009 - 14:59
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Oh yeah. Rammstein are just confirmed for two festivals in Denmark next summer.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
30.11.2009 - 19:10
nihan
Written by Guest on 22.10.2009 at 23:13

Crappy disk they did make. Even "the lost pieces" -Rosenrot was better. Because they have some problems inside the band, it's easy to put this to anger management failure genre where we already have disks like st. anger by metallica.

explains the situation
30.11.2009 - 23:15
I like their first 3 albums.. the rest, is nothing special imo
20.01.2010 - 03:44
spoonerX
Lol... on the "last album thing"

do you really see them making another album, do you really see rammstein, as a band, surviving to another album making process....
the thing with rammstein is that making an album is HELL ON EARTH... they cant agree on anything...

even though i would love to have something more after that...
----
its when you travel that you realise that man will never really belong to a country...

Attending:
Rammstein - Paris, Bercy: 8th of december
03.02.2010 - 23:33
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by basujanha2610 on 03.02.2010 at 21:25

Oh!

my favourite band!

Although i dont understand the dutch language ..bt their music is awesome....

That's not Dutch, that's German
05.02.2010 - 22:08
rammlea
Fantastic band...seen them twice now.
Manchester 2.2.10 was absolutley brilliant.:thumbup:
24.02.2010 - 15:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
WTF their Minsk gig got canceled because it was a threat to the state! some people are just severely deluded.
24.02.2010 - 17:04
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well Rammstein was forced to cancel in Belarussia, Enthroned in Germany, Temnozor in Netherlands...different countries, same shit...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

24.02.2010 - 20:30
VPeter
Well Belarus is still a dictatorship, Cradle of Filth and Moonspell were denied entry to Belarus to. Just when they wanted to cross the border the corrupt border guards claimed their passports and visas were not legit(of course bullshit).
24.02.2010 - 21:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Ellrohir on 24.02.2010 at 17:04

Well Rammstein was forced to cancel in Belarussia, Enthroned in Germany, Temnozor in Netherlands...different countries, same shit...

Rammstein weren't forced to cancel by Antifa. So, it is totally different.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.02.2010 - 08:48
Metalbound7
I don't like them, but the new album sounds good, im gonna give it a try
26.02.2010 - 16:32
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
Yeah the last one is really good, very "pop" and sounds great.
12.03.2010 - 18:50
Nightangel
I adore this band, they are really professional. Fantastic, brilliant perfomances, outstanding music.
21.03.2010 - 20:08
Slayer666
Oh, my. I can't belive their live performance! You watch all those videos with them performing live but NONE of it preapares you for the atmosphere these guys create when you are actually there. Not only did the songs sound almost the same as on the album, but their coreography, pyrotechnichs, lightning are simply breathtaking.
Indeed, one of the best live bands ever.
25.03.2010 - 16:35
Alphafemale
----
'Proud forest rises towards the sky,
in awe I stand silent
Green path of life amalgamates
With my own belief'
16.04.2010 - 05:21
Reise, Reise is my number 1 workout album.
16.04.2010 - 08:10
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by KernelofInfinity on 16.04.2010 at 05:21

Reise, Reise is my number 1 workout album.

Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry

but Reise, Reise is still nice piece
----

30.05.2010 - 20:30
vezzy
Stallmanite
Rammstein is good. I used to be one of the many guys who were proud of it and acted "German metal FTW", but I'm over that now. Still, I enjoy their music. I even got a winning ticket from this brand of beer for a Rammstein CD. Lol.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
31.05.2010 - 13:13
Met@1lurg
The last album is not good for me. Mutter is the best. But the song Roter Sand is what i like. Slow songs Rammers play greatly. Ohne dich, Seeman, Klavier are brilliant too.
31.05.2010 - 15:25
vezzy
Stallmanite
Yeah, but the voice becomes a bit too strong in Roter Sand (the orchestra version mostly).
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
01.06.2010 - 17:13
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
New album is awesome imo...Haifisch, Fruhling Im Paris, Roter Sand (and "alternative version" Leise)...half of the album are great songs
----

01.06.2010 - 18:01
GT
Coffee!!
staff
I'm so looking forward to seeing them again tomorrow. It will be fucking great especially with the weather forecast promising cloudless skies
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
09.08.2010 - 01:41
F0rang3l
Awesome band. I enjoyed seeing them live, the show they put on was more than amazing. The new album is also fantastic. "Buckstabu", "Haifisch" and "Waidmanns Heil" are awesome. To me Mutter and Rosenrot remain their greates albums. People often talk how much different Rosenrot is and they forget about masterpieces such as "Spring", "Hilf Mir' and "Benzin"
----
For there is a purpose and reason
Beyond all human apprehension
The shrieking silence in the blackness of space
24.09.2010 - 16:13
JD
Account deleted
Amour my all time fav song, amazing band
26.09.2010 - 10:12
Lokier066
Love them lol mainly because of sound not lyrics lol
----
new Band but named Deforming Magenta I think are good
check it out buy if you like

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=deforming+magenta&x=0&y=0
06.01.2011 - 03:38
ferm
Great band, love Sensucht and Mutter - albums the most
19.11.2011 - 03:25
second_coming89
Account deleted
Right now I'm listening to the the "Rosenrot" album for the first time in like......a couple years.

21.11.2011 - 02:13
Kreator
Amazing live band even if youre not into the music.