Metal Storm logo
Disillusion - Lineup Completed With New Bassist

Andy Schmidt, the main songwriter and singer of the German progressive metal band Disillusion, has posted some news online. The role for bassist in the band has been filled by Ben Haugg, their newest member. New material is in progress and the group promises news about it soon.

Here is what they said about Ben Haugg: "Friends, as promised: our line-up is complete again! Please give a warm welcome to our new bass player: Ben Haugg! Ben is a highly skilled bass player/guitarist with a lot of experience and dedication and is doing a lot of bass and guitar teaching here in Leipzig. Great to have you with us, Ben! Very much looking forward to the near and distant future!"

The band is quite active as of late, doing many live shows. They made a live clip for their song "The Black Sea" off of their latest record Gloria, and Andy also posted an image of an acoustic guitar with the following comment "...time for some utterly secret vocal arrangements at home...", while a few weeks ago they posted pictures of them in the studio. So, it seems like they fuel hopes for an upcoming record finally. It's been close to 10 years since their previous album, Gloria.

Foto credit: Peter Sack @ ps-designstudio

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Disillusion
Posted: 11.04.2016 by qlacs

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 49 users
11.04.2016 - 14:10
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Expectations are immense.
11.04.2016 - 14:12
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by LeKiwi on 11.04.2016 at 14:10

Expectations are immense.

seconded
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
11.04.2016 - 15:05
The Benighted

I wonder what the hell they'll end up making. Extremely early interviews kinda hinted that the new album was supposed to be more in line with Gloria, but some of the more recent ones suggest larger arrangements, and different instrumentation. More in a progressive vein again. Mind you, Gloria WAS progressive, but I mean more in the genre defining sense.

So who knows. Back to Times Splendor was and still is in my personal top five OF ALL TIME. Gloria I grew to appreciate. Not love, but appreciate. Either way. Excited.
----
Learn to adapt to the change, or get washed away like tears in the rain.
11.04.2016 - 16:59
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Holy fuck, anything short of a masterpiece will be a major letdown, there is that Duke Nukem Forever feeling again...
...oh and that video is fantastic!
----
rekt
11.04.2016 - 21:35
RedOctober
Account deleted
Nice. I love both of their albums. Gloria is different but awesome. BTTOS well top 10 fav album stuff
11.04.2016 - 23:00
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by tea[m]ster on 11.04.2016 at 16:59

Holy fuck, anything short of a masterpiece will be a major letdown, there is that Duke Nukem Forever feeling again...
...oh and that video is fantastic!

Haha lol indeed
----
12.04.2016 - 01:38
Maco
Pvt Funderground
It's coming soon you bitches
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
12.04.2016 - 01:55
Kuroboshi

I just jizzed my pants. Back to Times of Splendor is in my top three ever。