Metal Storm logo
Candlemass - Premiere Music Video For New Track

Today is the day, Candlemass fans! You get to listen to a brand new song from the epic doom metal kings. The track is taken from their 30th anniversary EP, Death Thy Lover, which features four studio tracks with Mats Levén on vocals and is set for a June 3rd release on Napalm Records. The title track is available for your listening pleasure on the video below.

Bassist Leif Edling commented on Death Thy Lover: "We said we wouldn't record an album, but we had to release something for the 30th anniversary of Candlemass, so it became this EP. 'Death Thy Lover' is in a way a typical C-mass song and in a way not typical for us. The chorus is pretty poppy if I can use that word (I would never have imagined I would use a term like that to describe anything C-mass!) but the main riff is very metal and the opening is us going classic Anvil. Our old friend and now singer Mats Levén is doing a great job on the song! He's also exactly what we needed live, and the band has became even better with him in the camp. I'm still battling this fatigue syndrome thing so unfortunately I can't be out there with the band on the road or in South America where they are now, but I hope our fans still enjoy the shows and dig the Death Thy Lover EP as much as we do ourselves in Candlemass!"

Source: label.napalmrecords.com
Band profile: Candlemass
Posted: 22.04.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 35 users
24.04.2016 - 04:50
Khold Baroness

Great heavy metal song ...retro with a very clean and good production...good job
26.05.2016 - 00:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
This track is so goddamned awesome it is unbelievable.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.05.2016 - 01:02
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy

Good song indeed!

Hits total: 2155 | This month: 9