Metal Storm logo
Calling all true metal warriors!

22.03.2007 - 20:23
Revenant
Account deleted
*warning: post may contain semi-ironic cheese and ManOwaR ripoffage, I am aware of this, it is intentional, but the request is serious*

My homeland of Cornwall is a battleground for the ongoing war against the emo scene. Mighty metal warriors Isle of Avalon are pitched in an epic battle of votes against Cornwall's biggest scenesters, vote for the glory, the might and the power of the steel at:

http://www.cornishlivemusicawards.co.uk/

Best rock band: Elusis
Best new band: Nepthys
22.03.2007 - 20:30
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I wish I could go, but I live in the desolate battlefields of Kansas, which is about 3,000 miles from where you are, so I doubt I'll be going. Good luck with what you're doing anyway.
24.03.2007 - 07:34
Hellrat
Account deleted
Damn dude we cant let the emo filth run over true metal warriors i will vote for your bands. beside i just got home from watching 300 and so i am full of the belief that a few of the mighty are more then a match for thousands of the weak.
24.03.2007 - 08:56
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...so am i...really really far...!!!
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
26.03.2007 - 11:04
Hyvaarin

Written by Guest on 22.03.2007 at 20:23

*warning: post may contain semi-ironic cheese*

I don't like this. Ironic appreciation of Manowar is the domain of the poser.

So which bands should we vote for?
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
29.03.2007 - 00:21
Revenant
Account deleted
Written by Hyvaarin on 26.03.2007 at 11:04

Written by Guest on 22.03.2007 at 20:23

*warning: post may contain semi-ironic cheese*

I don't like this. Ironic appreciation of Manowar is the domain of the poser.

So which bands should we vote for?

I would be genuinely frightened by someone who took MaOwaR 100% seriosuly despite some of their excellent songs (many, liek the new video song, are really badly made generic heavy metal). But I do areciate the disdain for posers you show.

Isle of Avalon, Elusis and make up the others
31.03.2007 - 05:06
Dan066
Account deleted
Lol, boy do I love the hate and anger metalheads have against emo kids ...I wish i could support your cause, except I can't go b/c I live too far.
31.03.2007 - 05:40
UpTheIrons666

I would aid my Metal brothers in arms, but I'm trapped in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania fighting for metal.
31.03.2007 - 07:32
animal

I got hands full in Illinois or I'd go.
----
"I got 1,000 years of power! Come and get me!" Robert McLain- Royal Oak, MI
31.03.2007 - 22:37
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
So many emos to beat, so little time lol. I would steal an airplane and fly there but Canadas full of emos, also me and my friend are the only metal heads in my school do i'm needed where i am :thumbsdown: .
01.04.2007 - 00:34
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
<- poser.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
03.04.2007 - 12:05
APOHAKC
The Bard
@BitterCold You wrote for your self that you are a poser??
What is Emo?
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
03.04.2007 - 22:42
Remus

Written by APOHAKC on 03.04.2007 at 12:05

What is Emo?

Hmmmm, this answer your question?
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
04.04.2007 - 00:02
BitterCOld
The Ancient One

What is Emo?

It's a joke.

Basically I am a bitter old man who likes his metal but couldn't possibly care less about "true vs. untrue" or "posers vs. metal warriors" (LMFAO at 'metal warriors', btw). I absolutely despise the stupid schoolyard politics that seem to accompany being a 'metalhead.'

I posted that to ridicule the people who take their metal so seriously.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
04.04.2007 - 10:41
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by BitterCOld on 04.04.2007 at 00:02

What is Emo?

It's a joke.

Basically I am a bitter old man who likes his metal but couldn't possibly care less about "true vs. untrue" or "posers vs. metal warriors" (LMFAO at 'metal warriors', btw). I absolutely despise the stupid schoolyard politics that seem to accompany being a 'metalhead.'

I totaly agree with you on that one, everyone here are obssesed to show everyone that he/she is real metalhead and it is really small minded. I don't care about being real or faulse metalhead...

About emo thing, I know what is emo, and they are little funny but I don't have any plans to go around broke arms and legs to every emo kid...
----
05.04.2007 - 00:34
UpTheIrons666

Written by APOHAKC on 04.04.2007 at 10:41

What is Emo?

It's a joke.

I totaly agree with you on that one, everyone here are obssesed to show everyone that he/she is real metalhead and it is really small minded. I don't care about being real or faulse metalhead...

About emo thing, I know what is emo, and they are little funny but I don't have any plans to go around broke arms and legs to every emo kid...

I do! Seriously though, I can't stand it when people at my school call me an emo kid or a goth or somthing. I look at them and say I'm me, no one else. I LOVE METAL! NOT EMO!
08.04.2007 - 02:50
A Kat Person
Account deleted
Well, here on the front lines of New York City, I have not even heard emo, because in this urban battlefield the enemy of Metal is Hip-Hop! Here, the great Hammer of Metal must crush the sawed-off shotgun of Gangsta Rap! The magnificent Growls of Death Metal must overcome the cringe-inducing croons of Usher and his ilk!
10.04.2007 - 10:09
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Guest on 08.04.2007 at 02:50

Well, here on the front lines of New York City, I have not even heard emo, because in this urban battlefield the enemy of Metal is Hip-Hop! Here, the great Hammer of Metal must crush the sawed-off shotgun of Gangsta Rap!

One of my friends once told me that the 'dark-skinned persons' (I think I'll get warned for 'discrimination' if I call them 'niggers') terrorize people(also, they're involved in cheap crimes like killing people for one i-pod) if they show their dislike for Hip-hop whore culture.. and one must pretend to take hipphop positively even if s/he hates it.
How true is this? (since I've never been there myself)
----
that which shines without names and forms...
13.04.2007 - 00:02
A Kat Person
Account deleted
Hahah, yes, don't use the "n-word", I don't know about the rest of the world but in the U.S. it's a BIG no-no... unless you are black yourself and are using it as a salutation, then it's OK...

But at any rate, what your friend told you sounds like a huge exaggeration! And believe me, I intensely dislike hip-hop and its related culture, so I don't have anything good to say about it, BUT, I have never seen that to be the case. Basically the hip-hop crowd are quite insular and keep to themselves. Sometimes it seems like they assume everyone likes hip-hop, but I've certainly never seen anyone terrorize anyone for not liking it!

I don't know what it's like in high schools nowadays, but I'll say this. My husband works in a tattoo shop, and a lot of his clients come from that crowd. He plays a combination of punk, metal, and 70s rock in the room he works in, and is very obviously a long-haired white guy! Most of his black clients of course are not crazy about his choice of music, but they generally don't make a fuss, they just put on headphones and listen to their own stuff while getting tattooed. He and I have never, ever pretended to like hip-hop but we've never had a problem. If I get into a discussion with someone about it, I won't outright say "I hate it" simply because I think that's rude, but I generally do say "I'm not crazy about it" and have not run into any trouble.

As for cheap crimes like killing people for one i-pod: actually, I think this was just a one-time incident if I recall correctly, and I have no idea if the kids involved were hip-hop kids or not. The hip-hop culture's criminal activity is basically drug-dealing and gang-related stuff. In other words, most of the violence is directed towards each other (i.e. rival gangs, drug-dealing territory, etc.) and usually not toward outsiders. I don't think the criminal culture is about terrorizing people just for the sake of it; it's simply for making fast money, showing off one's 'bling' and getting lots of women.
13.04.2007 - 00:14
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, I mean I've been at my cousin in Phoenix, and everybody were telling bullshits like if you go out alone you will be killed in five minutes and there are million of psychoes... I refused to sit at home like some scared retard, I walked the streets and no one make me any problem...
About those crimes, you have things like that everywhere. In my place you have parts of the town you just simply avoid, if you go there after 22:00 in best case you will be robbed and beaten.. and that is normal for every bigger town.. You have skinheads, little gangs and psychoes everywhere...
----
13.04.2007 - 00:29
A Kat Person
Account deleted

What is Emo?

It's a joke.

Just to bring in our conversation from another thread here... I think that this "true vs. untrue" "poser" thing is the part that is the phase, rather than the metal! I think this sort of thing just accompanies being in school, no matter what your taste in music, and it will go away once they finish school. Then they will just be Metalheads, for the sake of metal, minus the politics.

And about my own above post, for me personally my problem with hip-hop/r&b is not about mere politics, but is a serious problem because so many people like it, that sometimes I am forced to listen to it because people I am working with insist on playing it, and it burns holes in my ears!!! Arghhhgh!!! I don't force them to listen to Children of Bodom so why must they force Mary J. Blige on me...
13.04.2007 - 01:08
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Guest on 13.04.2007 at 00:29

Just to bring in our conversation from another thread here... I think that this "true vs. untrue" "poser" thing is the part that is the phase, rather than the metal! I think this sort of thing just accompanies being in school, no matter what your taste in music, and it will go away once they finish school. Then they will just be Metalheads, for the sake of metal, minus the politics.

I agree there, which is why I refer to the mentality as "schoolyard politics" - it will evaporate once you hit college/private life where your identity is defined more by your personality than what easy to label group you fall in to.
----

23.04.2007 - 00:27
rageing atheist
Account deleted
I think people who denounce "posers" to show how metal they are are themselves one of the biggest posers for their "Look at me I'm so fucking metal" attitude, and I think that people who say like " Let's beat emos" are just posers wanting to show off with their tough guy image.
14.07.2007 - 22:23
AlGore
Account deleted
I always found the emo scene very odd, and I too, just coming out of high school, for some reason hate it. I always thought that my hatred was probably equal to the hatred that metalheads felt in the 80's when glam metal bands started to get big. I heard some emo music like 8th grade or freshman year and I thought it equivalent to a new boy band kind of thing and I thought that this was just another scam to take a bunch of teen girls' money. But then I reached 10th grade and all these guys I had known for like 3 or 4 years were turning into emo kids, and their aspect on life had completely changed. So now what were my upper middle class suburban white friends are now my never-happy upper middle class depressed white scene enemies. I think my shock initially that a lot of guys were into this music coupled with my confusion of the whole "scene" thing has lead to my hatred of emo/scene anything.
15.07.2007 - 05:40
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Written by Guest on 14.07.2007 at 22:23

I always found the emo scene very odd, and I too, just coming out of high school, for some reason hate it. I always thought that my hatred was probably equal to the hatred that metalheads felt in the 80's when glam metal bands started to get big. I heard some emo music like 8th grade or freshman year and I thought it equivalent to a new boy band kind of thing and I thought that this was just another scam to take a bunch of teen girls' money. But then I reached 10th grade and all these guys I had known for like 3 or 4 years were turning into emo kids, and their aspect on life had completely changed. So now what were my upper middle class suburban white friends are now my never-happy upper middle class depressed white scene enemies. I think my shock initially that a lot of guys were into this music coupled with my confusion of the whole "scene" thing has lead to my hatred of emo/scene anything.

Off topic:
Jesus fucking christ Algore is a metalhead.
----
15.07.2007 - 06:39
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
In my hometown they pile the emo/hardcore/metalcore/thrash/death/prog/punk bands together in every single damn show and there are always huge fights with everyone...promoters here I wish they would open their eyes and realize that you can't do that and you need to have specific nights for specific acts...the fans are always complaining too and you can't always get them in the door because they don't like certain bands so it's always a hard time doing a show here...
10.01.2008 - 08:32
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Kill Emos! Kill Punks! Kill Jazzys! Kill Rappers! Kill Everything that is not metal! I wish to go with you and battla against that virus, but i'm far away...so i pray for your quest, you have my total spiritual support!
10.01.2008 - 09:08
Deus Ex Machina

JeviMetal Chirgo...seriously now...wtf is wrong with you?
10.01.2008 - 09:18
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
@Deus Ex Machina: mmm... i think i got many anger inside, but don't care i already posted in a Something Wicked topic.
10.01.2008 - 12:03
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
he he...true metal warrior have anwsered the call
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep