Metal Storm logo
Your favourite season?

Poll

Which is your favourite part of the year??

Winter
Summer
Autumn
Spring

Total votes: 174
22.03.2007 - 23:52
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Being that I'm big admirer of nature, it came across my mind that it would be nice to know what do you people think about certain parts of year, and which is your favourite. Especially because we all live in different parts of world, and things look different in different places, so to say. You get the idea.

Concerning me, I like better "transient" seasons, autumn and spring, that are between two extremes - winter and summer. I like more those hints of changes that are coming to be, than that change itself. And between spring and autumn, I choose autumn, because spring is too lively and colorfull for me, all aroun bee's buzzing, butterflies flying, tons of flowers and noise everywhere...
Although its for some poeple too depresive and boring, I like autumn because its more quiet and peacefull, I like watching and listening rain, or sitting in forest in absolute silence, when you cant hear anything except falling of the leaves... its one of the most beautifull things for me....

So, which do you like (or dislike), please explain why??
----
23.03.2007 - 00:07
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Spring is the season of allergies. Summer is too hot. Autumn is when you go back to school. I chose winter because my body is more resistant to that type of environment. Winter is also the time of Christmas, and when I get free presents from Santa Claus.
23.03.2007 - 00:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well you all know my vote SUMMER and why
First sun, warmn, hot, and bla bla thinks what i always shout in shoutbox, but mainly because of nice weather
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.03.2007 - 00:30
Zombie, M.D.

I prefer the fall. Its cold, but not too cold. The air feels good to breathe in the fall, makes you actually want to take another breath. Things are dying but not quite dead yet, lots of flat brown tones. It just looks and feels nice.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
23.03.2007 - 00:33
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
My vote : Winter

Because I was born at the feet of mountains (Pyrénées between France and Spain), I love the snow and ski too. During summer it's more difficult to practice this activity.
23.03.2007 - 00:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by White Winter Sun on 23.03.2007 at 00:33

Because I was born at the feet of mountains (Pyrénées between France and Spain), i love the snow and ski. And during summer it's more difficult to practice this activity.

Yoy're bask

Hhahaha man IMO good place to live are To-Lose :d Toulouse or tahtt part in Frnace
One I saw nice, beautifull, small vilagge whit wine years in Medietarnia near see in Travel Chennel, and man I realy wanna go there but forgot name
----

apos;'
[image]
23.03.2007 - 00:45
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
I voted for summer.

I like long hot sunny days .
I like my garden with all the flowers in bloom .
I like the sun on my face.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
23.03.2007 - 00:49
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Written by Bad English on 23.03.2007 at 00:36

Because I was born at the feet of mountains (Pyrénées between France and Spain), i love the snow and ski. And during summer it's more difficult to practice this activity.

Yoy're bask

Hhahaha man IMO good place to live are To-Lose :d Toulouse or tahtt part in Frnace
One I saw nice, beautifull, small vilagge whit wine years in Medietarnia near see in Travel Chennel, and man I realy wanna go there but forgot name

No I'm not "Basque" but "Béarnais".
We live with them in the same department but it's not the same thing We have nothing to do with these people there

Yeah Toulouse is a great place (I live at 200 km of this town)
Jeff knows Toulouse
23.03.2007 - 01:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by White Winter Sun on 23.03.2007 at 00:49

Written by Bad English on 23.03.2007 at 00:36

Yoy're bask

No I'm not "Basque" but "Béarnais".
We live with them in the same department but it's not the same thing We have nothing to do with these people there

Yeah Toulouse is a great place (I live at 200 km of this town)
Jeff knows Toulouse

Hahha Jeff live near old palice there and Deatsoulman are from Toulouse too and Sekhmet study there and hahha there are 'indians'
----

apos;'
[image]
23.03.2007 - 01:52
darksun

I love autumn.I am an exactly pessimist and depressive person so the fall always drives me to sadness.I may sound as if i am sick but it's really great.Falling yellow leaves in rainy dark weather....How poetric it is!!!!!!!!
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
23.03.2007 - 02:18
Ernis
狼獾
I loev sumemr epscecllay near Medeitarnia.....

MEDEITARNIA
Miditrnnai
MEDDITRNNAYE
MDEEITRNAIE
MRDNYSNATNNYE
MRNDJHSHAKJGFDAHJHYSUIE
ASGHJKDFSAJFDHKSAHDGHJK

and so on...

K7....HOW MANY POSSIBLE WAYS ARE THERE FOR WRITING THE WORD MEDITERRANEAN?!!

NOW! I'm going to speak about the season I love...

I love autumn....because it's rather tolerable...I love it because it isn't freezing....but the awful heat of summer has gone...I hate summer you know...at least here....I'm dying when it reaches over 20C...and I hate sun....I hate suntan...the paler my complexion stays the better I feel....

I love autumn...I like to sit and watch the leaves fall...I love the nature's sadness....and above all things I love the sky....I love the dark sky which is covered with thick dark blue/grey clouds....I love this sky...I love it....it's like angels' wings protecting us from the scorching sun which is leaving us.....

Well...actually I like winter as well....if it isn't slippery outside...I love snowy forests...everything is so pure....you know...we had an AWFULLY HOT WINTER.....snow was rare....but when the snow came down...oh I remember....I went out and I LOVE playing with snow in my hands...and I liked the snow under my bare hobbit feet...I like to rub my face and hands with snow...I like it...so fresh and pure....

Ha ha K7...ha ha...

I'd roll myself in snow....

Finally....in Ireland...I'd love every single season....

because in Ireland...there's the paradise...

No SUN...just clouds and rain...rain that feeds everything and gives life...makes everything green...NO SUN...which sears everything....

Imagine...in winter...there wouldn't be very cold...rarely below 0C....perfect....in summer....rarely above 16C...awesome....

16C in summer....16C in summer....my...I'd love such summers....

it would be like my favourite autumn was lasting throughout the year...

By no means would I go to Medistoieiruiaysuidyauireuirrnnaaeyyaeaa(Meditrenenatuia/Meditearnia) in summer....I'd die....

Southern Europe is worth visiting only in winter....

Period
23.03.2007 - 11:32
Eternal Flames

Being in Australia we haven't got very consistent weather, so it's hard to narrow it down really Summer here is just far too hot and humid. I'm a person that can put up with very cold conditions, but as soon as it gets slightly hot I become slothed and restless. Spring, well it's the season of allergies as already mentioned. Now thankfully I'm not one that suffers from hay-fever but my whole family does and the sickness and sneezing and whatnot just gets on my nerves. Therefore, it just really leaves autumn and winter. Autumn here is still quite warm and despite that I do like the scenery of autumn, I'm going to have to say my vote goes to winter. I can put up with cold conditions, it does not bother me. I like trying to keep warm on a cold winter night and despite that you can't really go out much, it's still my preferred season.
23.03.2007 - 13:53
Eight
Shapeshifter
I actually can't vote here, because... in winter my favorite season is summer, in summer - winter, and so on.
I can only say that i like snow, green grass, shades and sun.
By the way Miotalhobad:
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
23.03.2007 - 14:20
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Ernis on 23.03.2007 at 02:18

I loev sumemr epscecllay near Medeitarnia.....

MEDEITARNIA
Miditrnnai
MEDDITRNNAYE
MDEEITRNAIE
MRDNYSNATNNYE
MRNDJHSHAKJGFDAHJHYSUIE
ASGHJKDFSAJFDHKSAHDGHJK

and so on...

K7....HOW MANY POSSIBLE WAYS ARE THERE FOR WRITING THE WORD MEDITERRANEAN?!!

Well, luckyly, we can understand him.... well at least for the most times! I always wandeed how fast does he types, when he makes so much erorrs
----
23.03.2007 - 14:26
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
winter for me because during summer its uncomfortably hot in this place. since its a polluted and overcrowded city, you can't experience any other season except summer, winter and rainy. The roads are VERY bad at most parts, so you really suffer during rainy season.
There aren't such problems during winter, so I choose winter in this city.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
23.03.2007 - 16:12
Ernis
狼獾
Which town do you live in?
I've always thought that Nepal is a very interesting place to live in....and well....you live in mountains....so...mountains should affect your climate a lot...
23.03.2007 - 16:36
Vrana

I voted for summer. Because I don't like when it's cold in winter and the days are too short for me. I love when sun shines and the sky is pure blue and no cloud on it... in autumn everything is too sad and in spring weather changes here all the time: sun, rain, even snow... and I don't like that.
23.03.2007 - 17:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Vrana on 23.03.2007 at 16:36

I voted for summer. Because I don't like when it's cold in winter and the days are too short for me. I love when sun shines and the sky is pure blue and no cloud on it... in autumn everything is too sad and in spring weather changes here all the time: sun, rain, even snow... and I don't like that.

You're just like me
----

apos;'
[image]
23.03.2007 - 18:16
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I was born in October, so I've always been an autumn person. The autumn colours are beautiful and it's still a bit warm, but not too hot like in summer. In the autumn it's also raining a lot, which is good for me as all the pollen washes away. It's nice to go to sleep and only listen to the rain drumming the roof or wake up in the middle of the night scared when the thunder is raging outside. Spring is not for me as I'm allergic to pollen, summer is often too hot and I hate flies, bees and gadflies. Winter is always nice at first, but it's so damn long here, so I get bored already in the beginning of February.
----
You'll never walk alone.
23.03.2007 - 18:31
heresiarch
Forever Dead
I voted summer , not because of the weather , coz girls are wearing less and less clothes

I really not like sun shining straight to my face , I'm snowblind and that is just about only thing I don't like summer
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
23.03.2007 - 19:56
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I love the summer...I pretty much cannot stand any other season of the year...winter is the worse season ever, but thankfully it's only down to 2-3 months here where I live thanks to global warming...the idea of wearing less and less cloths like heresiarch said is a great reason...there are so many other obvious reasons though...
23.03.2007 - 20:05
Warman
Erotic Stains
Summer without doubt! Swedish summer is the most beautiful thing in the whole world, everything and everyone are so much prettier, it's warm, you can be out 24/7 without catching a cold, you can swim in the lakes... just everything are so much greater during summer!
----
23.03.2007 - 20:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I was born in winter an dI hate it so seems im first person who hates season i witch he has born
----

apos;'
[image]
23.03.2007 - 20:43
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 23.03.2007 at 20:39

I was born in winter an dI hate it so seems im first person who hates season i witch he has born

Oh no, you're not alone! I'm also born in winter and I fucking hate that cold season! It's a must and very nice around Christmas, after that I truly despise the winter!
----
23.03.2007 - 20:53
Basso
Account deleted
A tie between Summer and Winter. So I wont vote. I love summer because of the festivals and the plesant weather, and I love the winter because the beutiful landscapes of sweden get even more beutiful when they are covered in snow. Taking a walk in a snowcovered forest is amazing.
23.03.2007 - 21:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 23.03.2007 at 20:43

Written by Bad English on 23.03.2007 at 20:39

Oh no, you're not alone! I'm also born in winter and I fucking hate that cold season! It's a must and very nice around Christmas, after that I truly despise the winter!

Man only time when I like winter ar Xmass week and lila fter new year but then when hollyday ANDs Im depresed
----

apos;'
[image]
23.03.2007 - 21:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
spring, because the birds are singing in the trees, the flowers are blooming, the hibernating animals emerge, everything turns green and lively.....just the right time to rape a virgin up the ass with a meat hook
23.03.2007 - 22:29
Lupas
Maximus
WInter.
Living onto a hot summer ,and nearly 9mths of sun, island , i like winter .
I like rain and snow( never seen it
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
23.03.2007 - 22:43
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Colombia has a tropical climate, so, we don't have seasons like Canada, USA or Europe. Here the weather deppends of the height of a place above the sea level, so, we have every kind of weather.

I've been in Europe in every season except autumn (I haven't seen trees leaves in other colours, but I've been in the first days)
I don't have a favorite season, as every one has good things, maybe I'd choose winter, but I'm sure that it's different when you see snow and feel the cold weather for a few days instead for some months
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
24.03.2007 - 00:59
..HumanError..
Account deleted
I was born and raised in Morocco. And here, there only is summer and autumn. Let me explain this weird statement.
It just means that it's quite hot here even in "winter". Summer starts in april/may and it ends in october. Then its supposed to be autumn, then winter, but the temperature (not talking about mountains etc) never falls bellow 15 degrees.
This weird season, this...mix of autumn/winter/spring streches until may, when summer starts again. The most annoying now is that its cold in the morning (like 15° at 7 : 30 am), and hot in the afternoon (like 25° at 3 pm). Really annoying when you have to leave home at 7 15 and get all sweaty at 11 because you're wearing warm clothes.
But i haven't said what is my favourite season yet . I dont think i have a "favourite season", i dont get all excited because i see its 27° instead of 20.. But i think i like those days, at the end of summer..not autumn, but just the very beginning of it ; not summer, but just the end of it. Thats why i wont vote .