Metal Storm logo
Your favourite season?

Original post

Posted by Stalker, 22.03.2007 - 23:52
Being that I'm big admirer of nature, it came across my mind that it would be nice to know what do you people think about certain parts of year, and which is your favourite. Especially because we all live in different parts of world, and things look different in different places, so to say. You get the idea.

Concerning me, I like better "transient" seasons, autumn and spring, that are between two extremes - winter and summer. I like more those hints of changes that are coming to be, than that change itself. And between spring and autumn, I choose autumn, because spring is too lively and colorfull for me, all aroun bee's buzzing, butterflies flying, tons of flowers and noise everywhere...
Although its for some poeple too depresive and boring, I like autumn because its more quiet and peacefull, I like watching and listening rain, or sitting in forest in absolute silence, when you cant hear anything except falling of the leaves... its one of the most beautifull things for me....

So, which do you like (or dislike), please explain why??

Poll

Which is your favourite part of the year??

Winter
Summer
Autumn
Spring

Total votes: 174
13.07.2007 - 21:05
Pinusar
Account deleted
My favourite appears to be autumn.
13.07.2007 - 21:51
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by AnGina-- on 13.07.2007 at 03:01

Autumn. Can't really explain why, it's the scent of the nature before going to sleep; the colours of trees, the wine... The fact that I'm going to see my friends again after summer, the temperatures are just right, the Sun is still up, but it's not hot and annoying as in Summer, the evenings are getting colder and it's nice so slip in your pj-s and lie in bed, watching tv.... I love autumn.

Summer is my most hated then. I don't really like going to the seaside, I'm alergic to mosquitos and the heat makes me sleepy all the time...

Yeah, I think I understand what you mean, there are few days in late summer when you can feel that autumn is comming, and everything is different, air has some unusual smell, and temperature is just like I would like it to be, I dont know if its only me, but I always get that feeling...
----
13.07.2007 - 22:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Stalker on 13.07.2007 at 21:51

Written by AnGina-- on 13.07.2007 at 03:01

Autumn. Can't really explain why, it's the scent of the nature before going to sleep; the colours of trees, the wine... The fact that I'm going to see my friends again after summer, the temperatures are just right, the Sun is still up, but it's not hot and annoying as in Summer, the evenings are getting colder and it's nice so slip in your pj-s and lie in bed, watching tv.... I love autumn.

Summer is my most hated then. I don't really like going to the seaside, I'm alergic to mosquitos and the heat makes me sleepy all the time...

Yeah, I think I understand what you mean, there are few days in late summer when you can feel that autumn is comming, and everything is different, air has some unusual smell, and temperature is just like I would like it to be, I dont know if its only me, but I always get that feeling...

Such feelinsg when still are summer but sun aree lil like in autumn, man usualy here are in last 2 august weeks anbd I never had like such sad feelings
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.07.2007 - 22:59
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Bad English on 13.07.2007 at 22:50

Such feelinsg when still are summer but sun aree lil like in autumn, man usualy here are in last 2 august weeks anbd I never had like such sad feelings

Why do you think its sad?? It isnt sad for me, its just beautyfull. Like, it isnt hot and it isnt cold, like you dont feel air at all on your skin, and that smell in the air, spectrum of various collors in the western skyes etc etc ...
----
13.07.2007 - 23:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Stalker on 13.07.2007 at 22:59

Written by Bad English on 13.07.2007 at 22:50

Why do you think its sad?? It isnt sad for me, its just beautyfull. Like, it isnt hot and it isnt cold, like you dont feel air at all on your skin, and that smell in the air, spectrum of various collors in the western skyes etc etc ...

Beautifull are first weel of june when sun is shining hight skies are light in night and all are alive still waking
----

apos;'
[image]
16.07.2007 - 07:28
I really enjoy autumn. I love the colors that the leaves on the tress turn and just the overall weather.
----
oderint dum metuant
21.10.2007 - 09:04
Oracle
Orcinus
Spring this year where i live has turned into summer haha its so hot now. i think i like Autumn now to be honest coz spring has turned wayyy to hot. i mean i love summer coz i like to be warm and i love doing activities such as swimming and stuff but sometimes i cant always do that and the heat is just ewwwwww.
21.10.2007 - 09:28
Stephen Hunley
Account deleted
Winter for me. For some reason the community seems alot nicer. Music seems to sound better. Not to mention Yule (Christmas). I also love the dry coldness that comes out of winter.
21.10.2007 - 11:45
Oracle
Orcinus
Xmas in Australia is in summer here. ive never experienced xmas in winter before, i reckon xmas seems like a winter thing imo
22.10.2007 - 17:12
Abattoir
staff
Summer for me...2 months or more of no school ...lots of freeee time, longer days, concert times ...and so on... - you know
22.10.2007 - 20:01
TDFX
Summer. I don't like cold weather. I do like snow though, except for when I've to drive in it. Hmmm...
----
Last.fm
22.10.2007 - 20:17
Sunioj
Everyone here talks about how shit cold(er) seasons are over here, but I actually like it. Its on average 10-15 C in the city and alittle cloudy with a nice cold breeze is just perefect weather for me. And I love it when it rains, it cleans up the trash and dust that accumulates on the walls of my neighborhood and not to mention it filters the smell of urine from people pissing everywhere. I was never much of a summer guy, its just too bloody hot and dusty. So its always autumn and spring for me.
23.10.2007 - 09:21
Fuath
well, i have a back brace which in summer(now) is like an oven, so im going to go with winter
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

27.10.2007 - 00:15
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
I voted for Winter. It sounds stupid but i just love to wear my shirts in those cold and "morbid" days. Makes me think...
03.11.2007 - 17:08
Bulletdodger
Summer of course . Its always sunny , chicks walk around almost naked , the summer vacation is the longest , best events are in summer , best parties are in summer
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
03.11.2007 - 17:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bulletdodger on 03.11.2007 at 17:08

Summer of course . Its always sunny , chicks walk around almost naked , the summer vacation is the longest , best events are in summer , best parties are in summer

MNe to I just came in and I hate wet snow and winter
----

apos;'
[image]
03.11.2007 - 18:00
Bulletdodger
Winter is my second choice , the main reason is that throwing snowballs and making snow angels while drunk is lot of fun
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
03.11.2007 - 18:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Bulletdodger on 03.11.2007 at 18:00

Winter is my second choice , the main reason is that throwing snowballs and making snow angels while drunk is lot of fun

Yes go to footballa nd trow snow ball to pitch but wet snow, wet climat are so anoying man
My satalite dish are covered whit snow hope I see how OSFP kill PAOK
----

apos;'
[image]
03.11.2007 - 18:35
Bulletdodger
Written by Bad English on 03.11.2007 at 18:22

Yes go to footballa nd trow snow ball to pitch but wet snow, wet climat are so anoying man
My satalite dish are covered whit snow hope I see how OSFP kill PAOK

True , I have played football on snow , it rocks , especially if there is some ice. Bones , insults & accusations fly around , it's "wicked Sick".
Can't wait to try it while drunk!
----
David Hilbert
03.11.2007 - 19:57
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
It's a shame that in my town never snowed, i really like snow and everything related to Winter. Fortunately i can go to a mountain near my town.
04.11.2007 - 14:12
Øyvind
Grave Digger
I voted for winter. Close call between summer and winter, but I had to choose the latter. Somehow I like the air, sun looks prettier in winter (when/if it comes out), no insects,...
----
25.08.2008 - 01:49
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
Winter to me is the best
25.08.2008 - 01:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I prefer the summer. When it's too cold my nipples get tiny and I don't like that.
25.08.2008 - 02:10
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 25.08.2008 at 01:54

I prefer the summer. When it's too cold my nipples get tiny and I don't like that.

haha nice for you to share.
25.08.2008 - 03:28
Oracle
Orcinus
Well ATM fucking summer... Its just been to cold this winter and now i cant wait for summer because i wanna have fun in the sun again not fucking inside all rugged but. Its warm now but still not warm enough to go swimming.
so yeah summer definitely gets my vote
25.08.2008 - 17:07
Jigoku Shoujo
Account deleted
Hard one... I really like spring, the rebirth of everything and the warm weather, but it's full of annoying insects.
In summer on the other I have a lot of free time, but the weather is waaaay too hot for my liking.
Winter is too cold and "grey", especially since the last few years when we had less and less snow. And even when we had some, it immediately melted and what was left was mud.
So after summing everything up I guess I love autumn the most, watching the leaves change colour, enjoying the peace, the fresh smell after the rain and the abscence of the annoying insects (especially wasps, I hate them).
26.08.2008 - 22:59
Black Winter
ahh,winter,the cold,fog,snow,warm house,what would be better?
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
27.08.2008 - 00:22
Deadgirl
Hmm... This is a tough question. I voted for autumn because it was my favorite when I was a kid, but now I really love all seasons.

Winter for the grey skies and the snow. And even though the ice storms are pretty dangerous and the power goes out and trees fall, it's absolutely breathtaking to look around in winter and see the layer of ice covering everything -- and I do mean everything -- with icicles.
Spring for the breeze and the perfect temperatures (at least here) and the characteristic rain. The tiny new leaves get weak and are blown off of the trees by the wind, and I love to watch them flutter to the ground almost as if they're dancing.
Summer for the great thunderstorms and the lightning, often in absence of rain. The wind blowing on summer nights is exceedingly comforting. Also, summer is the best season for playing on the swings in the park at 2AM. And I love hearing the cicadas singing in late summer. All day they sing.
Autumn because when the trees are dying and their leaves turn all shades of red, and orange, yellow, and gold, I don't think there is anything else that can make death into something so beautiful.

^-- Shit, that sounds so nerdy. Sorry guys, I'm still in English Class Writing Assignment Mode.
----
Remember that you are mortal.
27.08.2008 - 01:03
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Deadgirl on 27.08.2008 at 00:22

^-- Shit, that sounds so nerdy. Sorry guys, I'm still in English Class Writing Assignment Mode.

Makes me remember the autumn poem "Crestfallen times, enchantment of the eyes, it's pleasant for me the farewell-saying beauty of yours. I love the lush withering of nature, the woods dressed in purple and gold. In their shades the noise of the wind and the fresher breath and the skies covered with wavy mist and the rare ray of sun and the first frosts and the faraway threatenings of the gray-haired winter."

That's by Pushkin....I remember almost all of it by heart...t'was quite challenging tho translating it into English...it's very good in original but I think English lacks the appropriate vocabulary to make it sound cool....at least I don't know all these appropriate words....

And well...no surprise, I still consider autumn my favourite season....
27.08.2008 - 02:19
Janne
Hugin
It's quite surprising that winter is only the 2nd after summer. this is a metal site so I thought most ppl vote winter...
but it's true that summer is better because we have 3 months holiday
I like autumn because this is the season when most metal concerts are holden.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-