Metal Storm logo
Your favourite season?

Original post

Posted by Stalker, 22.03.2007 - 23:52
Being that I'm big admirer of nature, it came across my mind that it would be nice to know what do you people think about certain parts of year, and which is your favourite. Especially because we all live in different parts of world, and things look different in different places, so to say. You get the idea.

Concerning me, I like better "transient" seasons, autumn and spring, that are between two extremes - winter and summer. I like more those hints of changes that are coming to be, than that change itself. And between spring and autumn, I choose autumn, because spring is too lively and colorfull for me, all aroun bee's buzzing, butterflies flying, tons of flowers and noise everywhere...
Although its for some poeple too depresive and boring, I like autumn because its more quiet and peacefull, I like watching and listening rain, or sitting in forest in absolute silence, when you cant hear anything except falling of the leaves... its one of the most beautifull things for me....

So, which do you like (or dislike), please explain why??

Poll

Which is your favourite part of the year??

Winter
Summer
Autumn
Spring

Total votes: 174
27.08.2008 - 11:45
Replicant

Living in London, seasons are quite irrevelent since it's cloudy all year and the temperature difference isnt that high between summer and winter.

When I was in Finland, I think my favourite season was spring, early spring anyway; there was actually some sunlight so you could see the nice snowy landscapes. However, there's something I like about each one so, it's always positive looking to the future
27.08.2008 - 20:28
sq_xeper

SUMMER!!!!! definetely, I hate winter Im very skinny so I get very cold on that season and I have to wear a lot of clothes.....on the other hand in summer, girls are wearing much less clothes so you get to see a lot of skin
----
The only way to learn is be aware and hold on tight...
27.08.2008 - 21:59
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Warman on 23.03.2007 at 20:43

Written by Bad English on 23.03.2007 at 20:39

I was born in winter an dI hate it so seems im first person who hates season i witch he has born

Oh no, you're not alone! I'm also born in winter and I fucking hate that cold season! It's a must and very nice around Christmas, after that I truly despise the winter!

Hehehehe my case is a bit weird. When I was in Chile my birthday was on Spring and I also disliked it [both Spring and Summer] because it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to hot...yeah, Swedish Summer fucking rules tbh. But in Chile is like 28-33 any time... It can also be 37 and it's really annoying to sleep with that kind of weather.

But when I came here. My Birthday became an Autumn day and I'm really happy for it. I really like that season, the leaves that change the color are just to beautiful. and the smeel after rain is so good!

Written by Guest on 25.08.2008 at 17:07

So after summing everything up I guess I love autumn the most, watching the leaves change colour, enjoying the peace, the fresh smell after the rain and the abscence of the annoying insects (especially wasps, I hate them).

Ooo yeah. That smell is really good. Almost sweet at times.
And about the leaves... Who doesn't like this colours?

----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
28.08.2008 - 07:27
Deadgirl

Written by Ernis on 27.08.2008 at 01:03

Written by Deadgirl on 27.08.2008 at 00:22

^-- Shit, that sounds so nerdy. Sorry guys, I'm still in English Class Writing Assignment Mode.

Makes me remember the autumn poem "Crestfallen times, enchantment of the eyes, it's pleasant for me the farewell-saying beauty of yours. I love the lush withering of nature, the woods dressed in purple and gold. In their shades the noise of the wind and the fresher breath and the skies covered with wavy mist and the rare ray of sun and the first frosts and the faraway threatenings of the gray-haired winter."

That's by Pushkin....I remember almost all of it by heart...t'was quite challenging tho translating it into English...it's very good in original but I think English lacks the appropriate vocabulary to make it sound cool....at least I don't know all these appropriate words....

And well...no surprise, I still consider autumn my favourite season....

I think I can sort of imagine how it must sound in its original, thanks to studying foreign language. It's like that with a lot of Japanese things too, it's so hard to translate a poem, for example, because English just sometimes doesn't have words to express the imagery the right way.

...Which brings me back to seasons again. Haha. I really love reading and writing haiku. Most people understand them as simply a 17 syllable poem, but they also are specifically about a season, and each season has associated "season words" ( 季語 ). That was sort of how I got out of having just one favorite season, I used to like only Autumn and more or less hated the rest of them. o_O
----
Remember that you are mortal.
06.05.2010 - 01:47
Zuzuz0r

Winter and autumn, our summers are really a friggin hell, also I kinda like the beginning of spring, it's for me like a perfect weather, not hot as hell but also not very cold.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
06.05.2010 - 02:22
Got Mayhem?

I'm tempted to say Summer because I don't have school then, but if we're talking about just the weather and such it's Autumn for me. I don't have any allergy problems like I sometimes do in Spring and Winter is automatically out because I live in the US Northeast...
----
09.05.2010 - 20:33
Kennoth

I used to like winter when I was a kid, but now I hate its guts. Summer. Period.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
12.05.2010 - 22:35
Don Martin
le fu-
Summer, sitting outside all day, wearing shorts and a t-shirt, skating outside... Winter is sitting inside with the heater up to 1000 degrees watching Christmas specials, yay.
----
What a tackastrophe!
12.05.2010 - 22:57
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Spring and Autumn are horrible goddamn mid-seasons...

I never know if the day is gonna turn out cold or warm. When get out with few clothes, comes a sudden cold.. when I go out full of jackets or a sweater the day turns fuckin hot and have to carry this much clothe around all day.

Just summer all year would be perfect ... wish I lived closest to the Ecuador : /
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
13.05.2010 - 19:24
SerratedSyringe

Autumn is my favorite. Where I live it's the only time when the weather is bearable. The summers are hot and dry, the springs are hot and wet and the winters are cold and wet. Autumns are cool and dry, just how I like it.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
13.05.2010 - 20:00
Kennoth

Written by SerratedSyringe on 13.05.2010 at 19:24

Autumn is my favorite. Where I live it's the only time when the weather is bearable. The summers are hot and dry, the springs are hot and wet and the winters are cold and wet. Autumns are cool and dry, just how I like it.

You could be a good weatherman
----
13.05.2010 - 20:18
SerratedSyringe

Written by Kennoth on 13.05.2010 at 20:00

Written by SerratedSyringe on 13.05.2010 at 19:24

You could be a good weatherman

Actually predicting the weather here (especially during the spring) is next to impossible.
----
13.05.2010 - 20:26
Kennoth

Written by SerratedSyringe on 13.05.2010 at 20:18

Actually predicting the weather here (especially during the spring) is next to impossible.

And where is here exactly?

I'm not really talking about the prediction, more about how you describe it like a true CNN weather forecaster (cold/wet, hot/wet, hot/dry etc.)
----
13.05.2010 - 23:48
SerratedSyringe

Here is Holly Springs, North Carolina; A tiny suberb 20 minutes southwest of the capital city, Raleigh, North Carolina, located right in the center of the Atlantic coast of the United States of America.
----
29.05.2012 - 16:58
Infernal Eternal

Greek Summer!!! I regret this, because winter is kvlt and tru.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
29.05.2012 - 18:17
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Infernal Eternal on 29.05.2012 at 16:58

Greek Summer!!! I regret this, because winter is kvlt and tru.

Summers are cheesy, mediocre,straight cut to the edge season where you sweat like a dreadful mice or something. Winters are melodic, underground Kvlt, br00tal atmospheric and icy makes up the whole season quite awesome.
27.06.2012 - 17:53
Waniyetu

Winter; it is the season of introspection and reflection, keeping the light and activity of the day to a minimum. I've always associated it with a time of self-discovery and growth, and such is a very positive thing. Otherwise, it's cold, silent and beautiful; what could be more aesthetically pleasing?
27.06.2012 - 19:15
FOOCK Nam

I like Winter best, less is Autumn, lesser is summer, last is spring. Spring is mixed with cold and warm, sometimer you wear warm clothes but it changes cold to heat, and reversed, that annoys me. I love Winter best but sadly I'm born from a non-snow country. Hope someday I will live in a very cold snow country.
30.06.2012 - 08:56
Blackleaf

Im in jordan so its so dame hot at summer and so damn cold at winter so my best season it would be spring for sure where country turn from yellow to green where the sun is soft and the clouds are so pure and soft winds just WOW I love spring
01.07.2012 - 19:17
FOOCK Nam

Written by Blackleaf on 30.06.2012 at 08:56

Im in jordan so its so dame hot at summer and so damn cold at winter so my best season it would be spring for sure where country turn from yellow to green where the sun is soft and the clouds are so pure and soft winds just WOW I love spring

do you have snow there when winter ?
01.07.2012 - 19:44
Fritillaria
Account deleted
All the four seasons
01.07.2012 - 20:11
MetalSpider

Summer

Although they say Canada has only 2 seasons...Winter and Construction
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
03.07.2012 - 00:31
axelx666

I like winter,,it's cold,dark,gloomy ah so nice.

summer sucks it's 93 degrees out right now!

fall is nice...but idk i just don't like it.
same with autumn.

I VOTE WINTER!
----
"they can't stop us,let them try,for heavy metal we will die"
"on olemassa asioita karmivimmat yönä olen yksi heistä."
" we are the new bucolic,we are the pulse of the maggots"
"END"
03.07.2012 - 07:28
Mattybu

I voted for autumn. In summer you spend all your time cooling off, in winter you spend it warming up, and spring is wet. Also, the trees look the nicest in autumn
03.07.2012 - 16:39
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Mattybu on 03.07.2012 at 07:28
I voted for autumn. In summer you spend all your time cooling off, in winter you spend it warming up, and spring is wet. Also, the trees look the nicest in autumn

Agreed. Autumn/fall is the only season that makes the East Coast bearable, and it certainly livens up Ontario quite a bit. If you're able to drive alongside a lake in the early morning or stand atop a cliff overlooking a big forest in the sunlight with all the colors of the leaves having fully changed... the other seasons simply fail to compete with that kind of natural beauty.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.07.2012 - 18:14
Mattybu

Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.07.2012 at 16:39

Agreed. Autumn/fall is the only season that makes the East Coast bearable, and it certainly livens up Ontario quite a bit. If you're able to drive alongside a lake in the early morning or stand atop a cliff overlooking a big forest in the sunlight with all the colors of the leaves having fully changed... the other seasons simply fail to compete with that kind of natural beauty.

I live in quite a rural area as well, and there's trees everywhere as well as a really spectacular view from just outside my house. It really gives me an appreciation for nature and as sort of turns me off from city life. Come to think of it, it's really a great area because there's all the advantages of quiet, scenic surroundings, but still not an unreasonable drive to Toronto, where you can find a lot of cool stuff to do
04.07.2012 - 19:16
I_Die_Often

I like Vivaldis The Four Seasons
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
07.07.2012 - 00:04
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Winter. or late fall. but i live in a place where summer is 100 days of 100 degrees (around 38-39C) ... weather that is considered a heat wave and causes death in places like Chicago and Paris is an enjoyable respite for us.

although the monsoons are awesome. huge thunderstorms that drop the temperature by around 25-30 degrees inside 30 minutes and turn washes (dry river beds - natural or man made) into raging rivers under a spectacular and terrifying light and sound show.

turns this:

into this:

----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.07.2012 - 00:10
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by I_Die_Often on 04.07.2012 at 19:16

yeah, I also prefer Vivaldi's The Four Seasons to Frank Valli and the Four Seasons!
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.07.2012 - 19:26
I_Die_Often

Written by BitterCOld on 07.07.2012 at 00:10

Written by I_Die_Often on 04.07.2012 at 19:16

yeah, I also prefer Vivaldi's The Four Seasons to Frank Valli and the Four Seasons!

----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???