Metal Storm logo
Your favourite season?

Original post

Posted by Stalker, 22.03.2007 - 23:52
Being that I'm big admirer of nature, it came across my mind that it would be nice to know what do you people think about certain parts of year, and which is your favourite. Especially because we all live in different parts of world, and things look different in different places, so to say. You get the idea.

Concerning me, I like better "transient" seasons, autumn and spring, that are between two extremes - winter and summer. I like more those hints of changes that are coming to be, than that change itself. And between spring and autumn, I choose autumn, because spring is too lively and colorfull for me, all aroun bee's buzzing, butterflies flying, tons of flowers and noise everywhere...
Although its for some poeple too depresive and boring, I like autumn because its more quiet and peacefull, I like watching and listening rain, or sitting in forest in absolute silence, when you cant hear anything except falling of the leaves... its one of the most beautifull things for me....

So, which do you like (or dislike), please explain why??

Poll

Which is your favourite part of the year??

Winter
Summer
Autumn
Spring

Total votes: 174
08.12.2012 - 20:23
Sumentaa
This is my fav. season. Love winter
----
Thy soul shall find itself alone
'Mid dark thoughts of the grey tomb-stone;
Not one, of all the crowd, to pry
Into thine hour of secrecy.
"Spirits of the Dead-Edgar Allan Poe"
08.12.2012 - 21:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Sumentaa on 08.12.2012 at 20:23

I like to read in news when litle snbow cause haos in Europe, even in Stockholm, ppl shood come to N sweden to practice how survive LOL
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.12.2012 - 22:38
ANGEL REAPER
I like spring the most .... i mean have you ever walked around forests in spring? you can hear the grass grow - a power of life at its finest...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
09.12.2012 - 00:16
Sumentaa
Written by Bad English on 08.12.2012 at 21:24

Written by Sumentaa on 08.12.2012 at 20:23

I like to read in news when litle snbow cause haos in Europe, even in Stockholm, ppl shood come to N sweden to practice how survive LOL

Why not. Count me. Prefer snow and cold. I hate summer heats
----
Thy soul shall find itself alone
'Mid dark thoughts of the grey tomb-stone;
Not one, of all the crowd, to pry
Into thine hour of secrecy.
"Spirits of the Dead-Edgar Allan Poe"
09.12.2012 - 14:16
FinnishSammich
Summer, because long holidays so you have time to relax.
Then winter, spring and ....................................................................autumn
10.12.2012 - 20:37
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I have no idea how someone can vote something other than Summer in this poll, unless of course you are somewhere where the summers are excessively hot, like 40+.
10.12.2012 - 21:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 10.12.2012 at 20:37

I have no idea how someone can vote something other than Summer in this poll, unless of course you are somewhere where the summers are excessively hot, like 40+.

leathly i dont like summer,
nothing to do, studies work is not for summe,r chil out you need money because all are degredated obody dont like old fassion poor metalhead hanging out stuff
----

apos;'
[image]
15.12.2012 - 21:54
I love autumn because of the colors of leaves falling, spring because it feels like the cycle of life is starting again, and summer because of how beautiful it is. I hate winter, cold and gloomy.
16.12.2012 - 19:02
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
I like all seasons. Except autumn. Fuck autumn.
17.12.2012 - 23:28
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Azarath on 16.12.2012 at 19:02

I like all seasons. Except autumn. Fuck autumn.

Love autumn... especially if you have Indian summer... It's not as hot as in summer and yet it's nice and pleasant... Spring is not as nice because to me the primary association is the melting snow that exposes piss and shit and all the dirt that was concealed beneath it, wet ice blocks and icicles falling from the roofs and causing grave injuries, melt-refreeze of the roads and paths that makes moving around a torture and a potential health/life threatening... Spring actually is a nice season but only in southern and central Europe... definitely not in the North-East... still remember enjoying nice spring in France and Germany in the end of March and returning to find heavy apocalyptic snowfall in Estonia...
18.12.2012 - 00:10
Guib
Thrash Talker
Im from canada... enough said

My vote goes for summer.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
18.12.2012 - 00:14
Torelli
Written by Ernis on 17.12.2012 at 23:28

Love autumn... especially if you have Indian summer... It's not as hot as in summer and yet it's nice and pleasant... Spring is not as nice because to me the primary association is the melting snow that exposes piss and shit and all the dirt that was concealed beneath it, wet ice blocks and icicles falling from the roofs and causing grave injuries, melt-refreeze of the roads and paths that makes moving around a torture and a potential health/life threatening... Spring actually is a nice season but only in southern and central Europe... definitely not in the North-East... still remember enjoying nice spring in France and Germany in the end of March and returning to find heavy apocalyptic snowfall in Estonia...

I think spring in the north also can be nice. I actually love the whole refreeze things, since the air feels clean. Nothing beats the clear air in early spring morning when the water puddles still are frozen and the warmth later on during the day when one can walk outside with t-shirt and such. Then again, this might only be the case for the countryside.

Otherwise, I think all seasons can be nice, but it depends were you are I guess. For example, i didnt like the summer in Turkey(too Hot) but i really liked the early spring. I like the summer were i currently live but absolutly hate the autumn since it never ends. it also goes from autumn to spring, with only like 3 days of winter in between. In my homevillage, every season were quite ok, despite that the winter could be a little too long certain years.
18.12.2012 - 00:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Torelli on 18.12.2012 at 00:14

I think spring in the north also can be nice. I actually love the whole refreeze things, since the air feels clean. Nothing beats the clear air in early spring morning when the water puddles still are frozen and the warmth later on during the day when one can walk outside with t-shirt and such. Then again, this might only be the case for the countryside.

Otherwise, I think all seasons can be nice, but it depends were you are I guess. For example, i didnt like the summer in Turkey(too Hot) but i really liked the early spring. I like the summer were i currently live but absolutly hate the autumn since it never ends. it also goes from autumn to spring, with only like 3 days of winter in between. In my homevillage, every season were quite ok, despite that the winter could be a little too long certain years.

Not a last one .... we have snow in mid may , actualy its tart to snow a lot of mid april .... and I wander what will be this yera , now oinly -3¤C here in Luleå , coat line canb be 0... werry weird
whole december exrremly warm only one day was-28¤C
I love time when you can feekl midnight sun is arpoaching, summer, you look to souther sky its darker at evenings, northen its lighter, winter nort is dark, south is light

I forgot du com from Dalarna or close to Falun
Can you feel lil minights un efect there
----

apos;'
[image]
19.12.2012 - 11:13
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Winter. What kind of black metal fan would I be if I said otherwise haha.
19.12.2012 - 18:39
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish

Love autumn... especially if you have Indian summer... It's not as hot as in summer and yet it's nice and pleasant... Spring is not as nice because to me the primary association is the melting snow that exposes...

I love both summer and winter, but the transitional seasons are far less enjoyable. Spring may have its share of surprises when the snow melts but at least spring is about "rebirth" and all that jazz. Autumn is a drawn-out process of things dying. Early autumn is quite pretty, but that's over rather quickly and after that there are weeks/months where everything's cold, rainy, grey, dirty and overall... depressing.

Even when my allergies flare up during spring and I feel like someone smashed me in the face with a brick, I can go "well, still better than autumn".
19.12.2012 - 22:36
Torelli
Written by Bad English on 18.12.2012 at 00:55

Not a last one .... we have snow in mid may , actualy its tart to snow a lot of mid april .... and I wander what will be this yera , now oinly -3¤C here in Luleå , coat line canb be 0... werry weird
I love time when you can feekl midnight sun is arpoaching, summer, you look to souther sky its darker at evenings, northen its lighter, winter nort is dark, south is light

well, I live in Malmö. very rarely it snows here (allthough, this year we actually had some days of snow before it rained away again. I know that northern sweden tends to be ALOT colder compared to Malmö.Luleå is a nice city, but it's too dark in the winter. I recently returned to my homevillage (yes, its in dalarna) and I got to say that im not used to that it gets dark so fast here, especially since it seems to be cloudy everyday nowdays. I have also forgotten how silent it is here during the winter. i took a walk in the woods today and as a stoped to see the scenary, i relized that i didnt hear a single sound. no cars, no animals, no water flowing. just dead silence. spooky.

In a way i like those dark, silent and cold forests, but i wish the clouds could disapear. I want moon and stars.
19.12.2012 - 22:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Torelli on 19.12.2012 at 22:36

Written by Bad English on 18.12.2012 at 00:55

well, I live in Malmö. very rarely it snows here (allthough, this year we actually had some days of snow before it rained away again. I know that northern sweden tends to be ALOT colder compared to Malmö.Luleå is a nice city, but it's too dark in the winter. I recently returned to my homevillage (yes, its in dalarna) and I got to say that im not used to that it gets dark so fast here, especially since it seems to be cloudy everyday nowdays. I have also forgotten how silent it is here during the winter. i took a walk in the woods today and as a stoped to see the scenary, i relized that i didnt hear a single sound. no cars, no animals, no water flowing. just dead silence. spooky.

In a way i like those dark, silent and cold forests, but i wish the clouds could disapear. I want moon and stars.

any plans vissit me?

I live in viladge Alvik 20km to S from Luleå
I walk on the woods to, 2 weeks ago I done lone walk, start at ''dayligt'' end at nigh + I felt and slip down 200m
----

apos;'
[image]
19.12.2012 - 22:57
Warman
Erotic Stains
The romantic image of Northern Winter is complete bullshit. Unless you're a rabid fan of practicing winter sports, there's no way in hell people can prefer winter over the other seasons.

Anyone want proof? Here you go:
The downside of summer: It's annoying when it's too hot for too long.
That's it.

The downside of (swedish) winter: It's fucking cold. Y'all go out and enjoy a smoke when it's -25 degrees outside.
It's hard to walk in the streets because of all the snow. A five minute walk takes about fifteen minutes during the winter.
People die every year because masses of snow and ice fall from the roofs and hit them in the head.
The traffic is a mess.
The public transports are even worse, somedays you can't get anywhere.
Snow's pretty, except after a couple of hours when it's all brown because of air pollution, dirt and stuff. So cities in snowy countries are actually brown and ugly, instead of pretty and white.
Taking a quick walk to the store? I imagine Batman puts on his gear before a swede has put on all the winter clothes he needs.
It's dark like 18 hours a day.
The winter usually lasts from November to April.
----
20.12.2012 - 01:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 19.12.2012 at 22:57

The romantic image of Northern Winter is complete bullshit. Unless you're a rabid fan of practicing winter sports, there's no way in hell people can prefer winter over the other seasons.

That's it.

The downside of (swedish) winter: It's fucking cold. Y'all go out and enjoy a smoke when it's -25 degrees outside.
It's hard to walk in the streets because of all the snow. A five minute walk takes about fifteen minutes during the winter.
People die every year because masses of snow and ice fall from the roofs and hit them in the head.
The traffic is a mess.
Snow's pretty, except after a couple of hours when it's all brown because of air pollution, dirt and stuff. So cities in snowy countries are actually brown and ugly, instead of pretty and white.
Taking a quick walk to the store? I imagine Batman puts on his gear before a swede has put on all the winter clothes he needs.

Stockholmer talking .... well I agree about -25¤C but remeber historicaly N sweden is Saamli land, and they have genetical stuff, they dont freeze, in Jokkmokk I have seen - 40¤C those guys wear only jumper
I red they put new born babie son snow, if they live they will surviv tought conditions, if they die , they would die anyway
So and somehow Lappi has no despresion in days when sun never shines, now we have no daylight , light twillight, I see sun on way to komvux but its on souther sny

Romantic winter pic,...well I walked 3 weeks ago 4h in the woods and it was aweosme -5¤C (not a slip on ice and go 200m down ) it was like Empereor EP artowr, awesome, but when its more how 10 below zero its anoying
I love walk on ice road on Lule river, Norra hamn till Södra hamn( and names are way it shoow be östra och västra...
Now since one week non stop snowing we have traffic kaos to, lil but but not big one, this year is weird, snow hills are so huge everywere

But I prefere Norlands coldnass how Skåne fuckness when it rains , I realy do and Swe vinter isnt like it was, Umeå must be same like we have here, but ---- minus and snow is rare nowdays ;(

S
----

apos;'
[image]
20.12.2012 - 13:25
Torelli

That's it.

The traffic is a mess.
Taking a quick walk to the store? I imagine Batman puts on his gear before a swede has put on all the winter clothes he needs..

Come on, it only takes a good jacket and some good shoes . ( unless you have several km to the store, then it is a total diffrent matter).

And about the swedish winter being so cold, i dont know if that is necacerry true for middle- and southern sweden. I mean, how often do we get -25 C? Probably just a few days in a year. But I can agree with the ugliness of winter in the cities, with traffic mess(sj anyone?), air polutions etc( and not to forget, the fucking salt they have on the streets so it will fuck up the shoes if walking or making driving dangerous beacuse of the grainy mixture of snow and salt). Yep, winter in the cities are usually not recommended. Exept for Luleå, winter somehow works there.

In (the middle and nothern) countryside, winter is probably the best season though. First, it takes away the notion that it only lives about 1 person/ km2 since fokus will be on the snow. Second, it is fucking beautiful and dont have same air pollution problems as the cities have. You can even stand the darkness since you will have stars and moonlight(and in northern sweden the auroras) which also will be completly visible to to the lack of city lights. And yes, we have the winter sports. Its nice a take a long tour with the skies or taking a long iceskate on the river( if there is a good winter). You also have the oppertunity for a refreshing winterbath, with sauna and everything.

And I think I agree with K7 here, I rather have a real winter than the so-cold winter we have in Skåne. One just get depressed if it is rainy and 5-0 C for over 100 days a year.
20.12.2012 - 16:35
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Winter's great because it makes everyone miserable as though a great equaliser. The cold can be a bitch but I'd take that over the heat any day. If you're cold you can warm yourself up, but cooling yourself down is much more difficult. The best thing about Winter, at least in the UK, is the early evenings. I love the fact it starts getting dark at 4pm.
20.12.2012 - 17:43
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Torelli on 20.12.2012 at 13:25

Come on, it only takes a good jacket and some good shoes . ( unless you have several km to the store, then it is a total diffrent matter).

And about the swedish winter being so cold, i dont know if that is necacerry true for middle- and southern sweden. I mean, how often do we get -25 C? Probably just a few days in a year. But I can agree with the ugliness of winter in the cities, with traffic mess(sj anyone?), air polutions etc( and not to forget, the fucking salt they have on the streets so it will fuck up the shoes if walking or making driving dangerous beacuse of the grainy mixture of snow and salt). Yep, winter in the cities are usually not recommended. Exept for Luleå, winter somehow works there.

In (the middle and nothern) countryside, winter is probably the best season though. First, it takes away the notion that it only lives about 1 person/ km2 since fokus will be on the snow. Second, it is fucking beautiful and dont have same air pollution problems as the cities have. You can even stand the darkness since you will have stars and moonlight(and in northern sweden the auroras) which also will be completly visible to to the lack of city lights. And yes, we have the winter sports. Its nice a take a long tour with the skies or taking a long iceskate on the river( if there is a good winter). You also have the oppertunity for a refreshing winterbath, with sauna and everything.

And I think I agree with K7 here, I rather have a real winter than the so-cold winter we have in Skåne. One just get depressed if it is rainy and 5-0 C for over 100 days a year.

Haha, I live right in the middle of Stockholm city (Södermalm) and I guess us city folks mainly hate the winter because of the public transports are crap even when it's just a little snow. But I do stand by everything I wrote. Sure, we don't have -25 degrees every day. But even -5/-10 degrees is annoying enough. The cold isn't the worst though, it's everything else I wrote. And I hate practicing winter sports. So to me there's absolutely no upside with winter. I can tolerate snow and cold from December 24 to January 1. Besides those days, winter is just a hellish wait for the warmth.
----
20.12.2012 - 17:59
Torelli
Written by Warman on 20.12.2012 at 17:43

Written by Torelli on 20.12.2012 at 13:25

Haha, I live right in the middle of Stockholm city (Södermalm) and I guess us city folks mainly hate the winter because of the public transports are crap even when it's just a little snow. But I do stand by everything I wrote. Sure, we don't have -25 degrees every day. But even -5/-10 degrees is annoying enough. The cold isn't the worst though, it's everything else I wrote. And I hate practicing winter sports. So to me there's absolutely no upside with winter. I can tolerate snow and cold from December 24 to January 1. Besides those days, winter is just a hellish wait for the warmth.

I wholeheartly agree when it comes to public transport, considering i live in malmö. More people taking the publc transport but fewer buses thanks to traffic chaos. But the worst part, ironically enough, is the heat. If it gets a slightest bit "cold", they tend to raise the temprature of the radiators up to eleven. It's like taking a portable sauna straight to hell.
20.12.2012 - 18:10
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Impressive list of reasons to why witner sucks

You forgot one though, which I think it's important: When it gets a bit warmer and snow starts to melt...
Then at night the temperatures got crazy low and there you go: It gets dangerously slippery to the point that it's not funny anymore.

I remember I was walking with a friend and he fell... three times... on the same fucking street. I was dying of laughter but that shit ain't joke for more fragile people.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.12.2012 - 18:48
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.12.2012 at 18:10

You forgot one though, which I think it's important: When it gets a bit warmer and snow starts to melt...
Then at night the temperatures got crazy low and there you go: It gets dangerously slippery to the point that it's not funny anymore.

How could I forget that? You're absolutely right. "Slask" as we call it, is like the worst shit that exist on this planet. I imagine hell is full of slippery, brown, wet "slask" instead of fire and flames. As one comedian (from Australia I think) once said about swedes: "You people are impressive. You can tolerate snow up to your face, but as soon as it melts you're all like 'åh, fy fan, slask!'".
----
20.12.2012 - 18:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Torelli - I doubt we use salt here , maybe on E4 but not on city streets
Skellefteå, Ö-vik, Umeå , maybe Sundsval, Gävle, Östersund, and crappy Pajala, Kiruna, Jokkmokk and such places winter is fine, but major 60 K + - towns like near E4 N from Stockholm, we have no probem and jacket workjs but for em I dunno why outside is - and inside is + and I hate go shopping, specely sythem Im swetting whity my cloths on
But major cities can be fucked in winter, ye sits true but -25¤C all winter lands and all lands have extremly cold some days like summer days extremly hot

JOOE - if you wanna earlty evening come here you will get at 14:00 :p
and UK winter you hade humid air and our -25¤c wnt be so hoorible like your -1¤C

Warman - I dont skate since age 9 , I dont ski, since age 13, I dont go downhill at all, and Måtsund has good place to go small hill, I dont practice winter sports either, but I use to love ski, (I had astma when I was kid, now I have but running and bretahing cold air makes pain in my lungs) I like walk, and -10¤C is not cold IMO nice to walk, here but big ciy traffic, no way winter is not made for big citty, we have now after non stop snowiing 5 days trobles whit snow, slowly they take it out but S-holm ,,,,, yaiks nej tack

Mr. Doctor when snow melts here it melts and its fuck up generaly when half m snow like now melts fats, watter evey where and if daytime is in pluss and night time we have minus in springs, I almost broke the jav because of it and I hate it, in that case in Luleå driving ways are better pure road
----

apos;'
[image]
20.12.2012 - 18:51
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Warman on 20.12.2012 at 18:48
How could I forget that? You're absolutely right. "Slask" as we call it, is like the worst shit that exist on this planet. I imagine hell is full of slippery, brown, wet "slask" instead of fire and flames. As one comedian (from Australia I think) once said about swedes: "You people are impressive. You can tolerate snow up to your face, but as soon as it melts you're all like 'åh, fy fan, slask!'".

Indeed, even if it's shitloads of snow I preffer that over slippery shit. It's ironic... In spanish, winter (invierno) is just a letter off to be hell (infierno).
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
20.12.2012 - 19:10
Torelli
Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.12.2012 at 18:51

Indeed, even if it's shitloads of snow I preffer that over slippery shit. It's ironic... In spanish, winter (invierno) is just a letter off to be hell (infierno).

Oh forgot that! yes, I agree with you both. That comes to the worst parts of the year, the in-between seasons. when we have "slask" and when it rains and snows at the same time + that it is windy as hell.
20.12.2012 - 20:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Torelli on 20.12.2012 at 19:10

Written by X-Ray Rod on 20.12.2012 at 18:51

Oh forgot that! yes, I agree with you both. That comes to the worst parts of the year, the in-between seasons. when we have "slask" and when it rains and snows at the same time + that it is windy as hell.

september is most windiest month in Luleå
----

apos;'
[image]
24.12.2012 - 21:40
Ernis
狼獾

The romantic image of Northern Winter is complete bullshit.

This is the best post of the thread. Tack så mycket!

It kills me when my acquaintances (usually girls) who live in warm countries talk things such as "Oh GOD! Winter, the snow! The FROST! It's a true fairytale!"
Then they come here for a short visit for the holidays, they're all "OH how wonderful!" and then they go back to Italy, Spain or wherever they live for the rest of the time and then they cry to their southern friends about how they MISS the winter fairytale they had to leave behind. They don't get to live in that hostile environment from OCTOBER to MAY...

Seriously, I ain't kidding ya, couple of years ago I was in France and Germany in the end of March and enjoyed some really nice spring weather... you know, the way spring is supposed to be... 17C and sunshine, flowers blossoming and all that jazz... Landed in Tallinn and found myself in a dark infernal place with heavy snowfall... struth...

Ice and snow falling from heights is a potential killer or it can just make you paraplegic... one tourist got killed, one woman was partly scalped, one girl ended up in coma etc...

Slask fills hospitals with hordes of victims who have sprained or broken something after falling on the street... car accidents... no comments...

If you're a naturally fast walker, it's a physical and spiritual torture being forced to walk like a Japanese geisha or a Chinese princess with bound feet, inch by inch in order to avoid slipping on the slask...

And there ain't much motivation to go outside and have fun just because you need to suit up to leave the house because it's equivalent to leaving a spacecraft that's landed on a hostile planet...