Metal Storm logo
Sabaton - Releasing New Album In August, Cover Unveiled

Swedish power metal heroes Sabaton are currently working on their new studio album, entitled The Last Stand, which is going to be released worldwide on August 19th through Nuclear Blast. The big announcement was made today and the band is working again with Peter Tägtgren on this brand new chapter in Sabaton history. The artwork on the album, available below, was made by Peter Sallaí who has been with the band since Carolus Rex.

"We once work again with Peter Tägtgren in his newly upgraded and top class Abyss studio in Sweden to record, produce and mix the album. The mastering will be done by Jonas Kjellgren who also works in the same building in nice Pärlby on the countryside of Sweden. Both Carolus Rex and Heroes was done in the same way and we feel very comfortable to return to the same place and people again. Fans will recognize the sound of the album as Sabaton, but we really feel we took it a step forward this time," says bassist Pär Sundström.

Pär Sundström on the cover: "We had the idea to make an image reflecting soldiers of different times representing the different historical battles we sing about on the new album. This only reveals a small part of the album topics though."

"The concept of a last stand has always fascinated me, and both me and Pär were 'all in excited' about the subject so it was an easy choice to make," says vocalist Joakim Broden about the album title The Last Stand. "We have always several ideas for albums to work with. Since there are countless different views and angles of war, we will unfortunately never run out of ideas. We kinda felt that the last stand was something perfect for Sabaton. Something we really wanted to do. Heroes was a perfect theme and The Last Stand is right down our alley too. It was exciting to do the research," adds Sundstöm.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Sabaton
Posted: 29.04.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 152 users
29.04.2016 - 20:35
ScreamingSteelUS
Editor-in-Chief
I see you there, Winged Hussar. If this is going to be an album about last stands, then I'm even more intrigued than I was before Heroes. This is undoubtedly my favorite Sabaton album cover so far, although Carolus Rex is pretty glorious as well.

I'll have to give some thought to the last stands I hope to see on the album, but as with Heroes and Coat of Arms, I expect that the surprises will be the most fun. My one requirement is that they do another song about Poland.
----
"Earth is small and I hate it" - Lum Invader

I'm the Agent of Steel.
30.04.2016 - 00:22
The Evergreen

Four American soldiers, judging by uniforms and weapons, though one of those weapons is quite generic, one samurai, two Greek warriors, and the winged hussars...
It's probably going to sound like a Sabaton album, and some will decry that. I will be enjoying every second!
30.04.2016 - 05:54
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by ScreamingSteelUS on 29.04.2016 at 20:35

I see you there, Winged Hussar. If this is going to be an album about last stands, then I'm even more intrigued than I was before Heroes. This is undoubtedly my favorite Sabaton album cover so far, although Carolus Rex is pretty glorious as well.

I'll have to give some thought to the last stands I hope to see on the album, but as with Heroes and Coat of Arms, I expect that the surprises will be the most fun. My one requirement is that they do another song about Poland.

Guessing then that you'll be reviewing this asap?
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

30.04.2016 - 06:54
ScreamingSteelUS
Editor-in-Chief
Written by psykometal on 30.04.2016 at 05:54

Written by ScreamingSteelUS on 29.04.2016 at 20:35

Guessing then that you'll be reviewing this asap?

With Luigi no longer around to fight me for it, I'll be on it like... like wings on a hussar.
----
"Earth is small and I hate it" - Lum Invader

I'm the Agent of Steel.
30.04.2016 - 11:29
Andreas

I'm quite excited about this. Heroes was such an improvement from that boring Carolus Rex... maybe the new members were an important factor.
02.05.2016 - 17:01
Sostoa

Ummm. I think we all can find some Final-stands-to-be-songs. I expect they wont write again about Leonidas, seen a Spartan soldier in the cover.
I'm missing a Scottish clansman (Culloden 1746??), though.

Hits total: 2222 | This month: 2