05. Eye Of The Storm [Sweet Savage cover]
06. Hypnotized
07. Opiate Of The Masses
08. Timeless Cell
09. Mercy Is No Virtue

Guest review by
Jeff
Rating:
If you don't know Heathen, you must know that they were one of the promising bands from the bay area. After two demo tapes on vocals in 1989], one single and two famous albums "Breaking The Silence" and Victims Of Deception the band supported Sepultura in Europe. Unfortunately, before the band left the European continent, one of the musicians, Randy Laire, was involved in a fatal car accident. After some line up changes, the band wanted to record an album in homage of their band mate but unfortunately this record was never finished at the time.

Read more ››
published 04.04.2005 | Comments (0)

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 29 users
03.05.2016 - 20:58
Rating: 9
Joppe
Steelemeister
Definitely great covers all of these. Usually when I think about covers, it's just listening to it once, and maybe it's pretty cool song and then I forget about it after that. But these covers stick almost like the original songs. And I'm pretty sure the covers wouldn't work very well by many other thrash bands, because no other band has similar vocals as Heathen's David White, this is real singing, not the typical thrash shouts, and it fits to the songs. Obviously the song choices are good for anyone (me) who likes classic rock.

And these demo songs: I could swear these are faster than the same songs on "Victims of Deception". Good stuff IMO. Personally I think the biggest lack on "VoD" was speed.
----
My vision is augmented
27.01.2019 - 11:37
JoHn Doe

The cover of Death on to Legs is the first Queen cover I've ever enjoyed, what a nice surprise.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.

Hits total: 4664 | This month: 7