Metal Storm logo
Best guitar-vocalist

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 23.03.2007 - 12:53
which is the best man who plays guitar and sings at the same time?
for me, i like it when they know a balance between the singing and guitar playing, a thing which Dave Mustaine and Alexi Laiho do. between these i'll choose Mustaine though, because while laiho is more technical guitarwise, dave's got a better voice(lol though it's not very good, i know) and he's able to put some emotion and power in his voice, while laiho's sounds monotonous. just growl growl growl raagh raagh reaper
26.08.2009 - 10:35
Saitenhexerin

Schuldiner! Who else man?^^

But I also like Robb Flynn, he might not be one of those hypertechnical players, but I really like his vocals and guitarriffs, because they just groove.

And Mikael Akerfeldt....:bow:
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
27.08.2009 - 22:27
soadbyob
Account deleted
Yeah, schuldnier, no one else, (maybey hetfield)
29.08.2009 - 05:38
Hanyuchan

Daron Malakian of System of a Down. His voice is amazing and while he's not showing his full guitar playing potential, the solo in Lonely Day proves he is capable of of being an exceptional guitarist.
31.08.2009 - 08:08
Kratos

Brendon Small of Dethklok has a great Death Metal voice, and play's sweet riffs and solos imo
31.08.2009 - 20:04
Galar
Wicked Mung
Chuck. The best ever. Dave is a riff machine, however in my opinion he is not the legend that chuck is/was. Mr. Schuldiner, I look forward to the day that I may be able to compare someone to you.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
09.10.2009 - 21:55
-Soulreaper-

Henry from God Dethroned is pretty intense, especially live. Also Peter from Vader is damn good at being multi-talented. And cant forget to mention Chuck(although everyone already knows he was a prodigy)
10.10.2009 - 07:21
Robstar

I must say Alexi ''Wildchild'' Laiho from COB, this due to his amazing solos and fucking voice
----
Nothing is unreacheable
20.12.2012 - 00:38
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Daniel Gildenlöw from Pain of Salvation for me. This guy has an amazing voice, along with an awesome schizophrenic style of singing (going from aggressive and harsh, to calm and gentle, and vice-versa, with the drop of a hat), he knows how to both sing and play in extremely complex rhythmic patterns that would give most guitar-vocalists a fucking migraine even attempting, and plays a wide range of instruments besides guitar (mandolin, lute, banjo, organ, balalaika, piano, drums, etc). Seriously, Daniel is a musical god.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
20.12.2012 - 05:24
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
No one, and I mean no one beats Shaun Lacanne.

----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
20.12.2012 - 19:17
Warman
Erotic Stains
Five years ago I wrote James Hetfield in this topic. Sure, he's one of my favourites. Today I'd probably say... Tom G. Warrior maybe? I love his bad ass legendary voice and crushing guitar sound. The best though? I don't know, Micke Åkerfeldt?
----
28.12.2012 - 08:40
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Not sure if he's the best, but my favorite is definitely Akerfeldt.
----
17.01.2013 - 05:34
Wukk

Devin Townsend. There's a video of him somewhere doing stand-up comedy while playing.

Also, Joe Duplantier of Gojira.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
17.01.2013 - 11:39
Zombie94

Muhammed Suicmez, David Davidson, Chuck Schuldiner, Dave Mustaine, Mille Petrozza, John Gallagher
17.01.2013 - 13:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Zombie94 on 17.01.2013 at 11:39

Muhammed Suicmez, David Davidson, Chuck Schuldiner, Dave Mustaine, Mille Petrozza, John Gallagher

Calling Dave a mustiane a good voalist is hilarious. I enjoy his sound because it fits the music but to be honest het is atrocious, same goes for later day Chuck.

And which John gallagher do you mean? The one from Raven or the one from Dying Fetus?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.01.2013 - 15:13
Fritillaria
Account deleted
In old days of Ensiferum when Jari replaced by Petri, I have watched one of their first live shows with Petri as vocalist and guitarist, his performance on that show was one of a kind .
17.01.2013 - 15:33
Zombie94

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.01.2013 at 13:56

Written by Zombie94 on 17.01.2013 at 11:39

Calling Dave a mustiane a good voalist is hilarious. I enjoy his sound because it fits the music but to be honest het is atrocious, same goes for later day Chuck.

And which John gallagher do you mean? The one from Raven or the one from Dying Fetus?

I love Mustaine's vocals. In fact, he might be my favourite out of the ones I listed, along with Chuck. I'm not judging what high notes they can hit or not, or what range they have. I'm just putting down the vocalist/guitarists whose voices I enjoy listening to. However Mustaine's performances live have been terrible in recent years. He still sounds good on the albums though.

And I meant John from Dying Fetus.
17.01.2013 - 15:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Zombie94 on 17.01.2013 at 15:33

However Mustaine's performances live have been terrible in recent years.

Let me guarantee you, not only in recent years Back in the day he was 9 out of 10 times terrible live as well.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.01.2013 - 15:57
Zombie94

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.01.2013 at 15:37

Written by Zombie94 on 17.01.2013 at 15:33

However Mustaine's performances live have been terrible in recent years.

Let me guarantee you, not only in recent years Back in the day he was 9 out of 10 times terrible live as well.

I was going to show you 2 videos of them playing Poison Was The Cure, but the one I saw a year or 2 ago with the horrendous vocals seems to have been pulled...for obvious reasons. I've noticed in a lot of recent live videos it looks like they've dubbed over him as well. Wellll I've watched lots of their live shows from the 80s and the 90s and it seemed to me he could still hit the notes in the songs and could sing with the aggression in his voice from the early albums.