Metal Storm logo
Which team do you support in Football, Basketball, Baseball etc.

Original post

Posted by iaberis, 23.03.2007 - 17:54
Since there's no topic about this, here it is!
Please tell us which team do you support in the sports you like! Not only football, since there's already a topic about that...
Do you go often to watch games live or prefer to sit down and watch it from TV?
When you go to the games, do you wear any special team stuff or you're not that obsessed with it?
Also tell us whatever you like us to know!
Please remember that this is not a topic about just one sport, but every team sport you like, like Football/Soccer, Basketball, Baseball, Rugby, Volleyball, Cricket, Handball, Hockey...
16.07.2012 - 15:40
helofloki
Pittsburgh Penguins are the team I care most about from any sport, mainly because when I was growing up Mario Lemieux was hockey to me.
For football it's the New York Football Giants, represent my home state.
I never started watching baseball until a couple of years ago, but now I avidly follow the Rays. I love the way that team is run and Joe Madden is an awsome manager. I didn't go local because all the Yankees/Red Sox/Mets fans were all so obnoxious about it. Rays really captured my imagination with that world series run out of nowhere, too bad the Phils stopped'em.
Basketball's cool, but I'm still not really a fan of anyone team. I like watching it, but it has the extreme disadvantage of being on during hockey season.

I like other sports as well such as Golf, Soccer, F1 and Lacrosse, but don't follow them as closely.

One of the sports/games whatever you want to call its, I follow most closely is the ancient game of Go (Baduk, Weiqi). It has the disadvantage of being in the worst timezone ever for a westerner, but I follow the pro scenes in Korea, Japan and China with an on demand video service and am often checking game records. Anyone not familiar with this game should at least try playing it. Rules are easy to learn, strategies are endless. The game is fun and has 4000 years of history, yet still new ground is being broken. Pretty interesting.

Oh, and who's stoked for the olympics? I'm more of a winter olympics guy, but I love it all in general. I love all the random sports you get to watch.
16.07.2012 - 18:24
Mattybu
Written by helofloki on 16.07.2012 at 15:40

Pittsburgh Penguins are the team I care most about from any sport, mainly because when I was growing up Mario Lemieux was hockey to me.

Oh, and who's stoked for the olympics? I'm more of a winter olympics guy, but I love it all in general. I love all the random sports you get to watch.

My dad is a big penguins fan, he even went to the Mario Lemieux fantasy camp last January and got to meet/play with Mario and a whole bunch of ex-NHLers. He actually saw Crosby too, but didn't have a chance to talk to him (he just came into the change room after one of the games to say hello to the campers).

As for the olympics, I find them boring and the commercials are really getting to me, I find the winter sports more entertaining. The commercials hype it up too much, one has some athlete on it and he's going on about how you have to step up your game and all that and he/she says "7 billion people will be watching". At no point will anywhere near 7 billion people be watching you, stupid olympics. Where do you get off.

My teams go as follows:

NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
16.07.2012 - 19:49
helofloki
That's sick dude, that camp sounds like a blast. And despite meeting the wings 2 years in a row in the finals I have no bad blood for that team. Good hockey in detroit, real well run organization and there's no way to hate Pavel Datsyuk. The guy's a wizard.

The commercials certainly suck, they always do. 9 out of 10 commercials are just insulting on some level, it makes it hard to watch anything on tv at all. I do like the actual competitions though. Even in the summer.
04.11.2012 - 00:31
Capt. Fluntas
Well I'm Lithuanian and for most of us (if not everyone ) basketball is THE number 1 sport. For me, the most important team is the national basketball team. I also support the club of my hometown, Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius.
I don't really watch the NBA, i just follow what is happening but I pay close attention to how the Lithuanians in the league are doing (at the moment there are 3).
But I'm a die hard fan of Euroleaugue basketball, I think it far surpasses the NBA in terms of passion, mainly due to amazing crowds in Athens or Belgrade. I like many teams in Euroleague, but I just can't get enough of Partizan, who, year after year, get together a bunch of talented youngsters and manage to achieve such amazing results (the final four for example )

When it comes to football, I am a very big supporter of our national football team, even though it can't boast about big wins to say the least... Yes, we've enjoyed some spectacular surprise wins against the likes of Romania or the Czech Republic, but we are ages away from playing in any tournament. And in club football, I support VMFD Vilniaus Zalgiris, which has risen from the ashes and will most likely be a Europa League contender in about 5 years.
I watch the big national team tournaments (EURO and World Cup) and sometimes the later stages of the Champions League. I don't really support any club, although I do like
Arsenal.

In terms of other sports, I'm not a huge fan of any particular ones, but I'm constantly following the results of those sports where Lithuanians take part. I love watching the Olympics, I think it is THE most important sports event and supporting your nation is a must .
----
Life is one big meme.
04.11.2012 - 02:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Capt. Fluntas on 04.11.2012 at 00:31

Well I'm Lithuanian and for most of us (if not everyone ) basketball is THE number 1 sport. For me, the most important team is the national basketball team. I also support the club of my hometown, Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius.
I don't really watch the NBA, i just follow what is happening but I pay close attention to how the Lithuanians in the league are doing (at the moment there are 3).
But I'm a die hard fan of Euroleaugue basketball, I think it far surpasses the NBA in terms of passion, mainly due to amazing crowds in Athens or Belgrade. I like many teams in Euroleague, but I just can't get enough of Partizan, who, year after year, get together a bunch of talented youngsters and manage to achieve such amazing results (the final four for example )

When it comes to football, I am a very big supporter of our national football team, even though it can't boast about big wins to say the least... Yes, we've enjoyed some spectacular surprise wins against the likes of Romania or the Czech Republic, but we are ages away from playing in any tournament. And in club football, I support VMFD Vilniaus Zalgiris, which has risen from the ashes and will most likely be a Europa League contender in about 5 years.
I watch the big national team tournaments (EURO and World Cup) and sometimes the later stages of the Champions League. I don't really support any club, although I do like
Arsenal.

In terms of other sports, I'm not a huge fan of any particular ones, but I'm constantly following the results of those sports where Lithuanians take part. I love watching the Olympics, I think it is THE most important sports event and supporting your nation is a must .

Basket . remeber when Belgie won in basket Russia hahhaha .... anbd man Rytas :p Zalgiris lives forever , Im from your naiboure country and I like Zalgiris there
I hate NBA, overated even we have one player there in wariors but he is a wuss,
Same here and passion, Partizan, Zvezda, Panathinaikos, Olympiakos also Paok, Aris ... I prefere europian basketball, smart, tachtrics, defense, game understanding
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.11.2012 - 12:42
BudDa
elite
I can't say much for Euro Basketball coz I don't get it on Satellite. I am a fan of the NBA. Been a fan of the Rockets ever since the Mcgrady/Ming era.
Football: Am a huge fan of the African Champions League though its been long since a team from my country participated. Internationally, I support Everton.
I also do watch alot of International Rugby esp SuperRugby. Queenlands Red fan. I enjoy the Olympics as well.
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
13.11.2012 - 23:33
Guib
Thrash Talker
Well usually I support Ottawa's Senators (Hockey) but yeah since they have some problems right now with the salaries (blah blah) they are in some kind of lockout. It sucks but eh, life's a bitch.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
14.11.2012 - 00:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guib on 13.11.2012 at 23:33

Well usually I support Ottawa's Senators (Hockey) but yeah since they have some problems right now with the salaries (blah blah) they are in some kind of lockout. It sucks but eh, life's a bitch.

Gut to hear it nice to see guy who likes hockey ))
lock out sucks, and I hope russians like Kovalchuck, Bryzgalow will be banned in NHL, or die theyt tralk shit about money
----

apos;'
[image]
07.12.2012 - 19:56
Ronan
My favorite football team is Brazil because I am a fan of Brazil. My favorite basketball team is Los angeles laker's because their fantastic basketball display. Also I am a fan of baseball team Yankee. So, I don't miss the matches of these teams.
----
CPSC
13.10.2014 - 00:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I was watching German Bowl final
New Yorker Lions from Braunschweig vs Schwäbisch Hall Unicorns from Schwäbisch Hall
It ended 47-9

damn it was good, better as NFL even experts agreed, because there were no commercials as in US TV, and mainly replays and such more game shit was ppl can see what others do and so on, never have been fan of NFL but this was good, American sports need Europasiation , no damn commercials on TV .
----

apos;'
[image]
13.10.2014 - 09:48
Nucky
Football: Manchester United and FK Partizan
Basketball: Boston Celtics and KK Partizan
Baseball: Boston Red Sox
13.10.2014 - 11:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Nucky on 13.10.2014 at 09:48

No Union Olimpia?
----

apos;'
[image]
13.10.2014 - 20:15
brapp426
Baseball/NY Mets
Basketball/Utah Jazz
Football/NY Giants/Jets
Hockey/NY Rangers
13.10.2014 - 20:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by brapp426 on 13.10.2014 at 20:15

Baseball/NY Mets
Basketball/Utah Jazz
Football/NY Giants/Jets
Hockey/NY Rangers

a patriot but its a American football Giants
----

apos;'
[image]
13.10.2014 - 22:33
brapp426
Yeah I'm not really a fan of soccer.
10.01.2015 - 14:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
DELETED OLD POSTS THEY DONT MEAN ANYTHING

not all but 1th one and stupidest left some others what is more less neutral, if it was easier way to delete I would delete all

Football
Italy: Juventus, and any other Italian team in EL; CL
Sweden: AIK Solna, but I feel more less Stockholm fan, so in Allsvenskan I prefere see Stkhl teams wins over Skåne and Goteborg teams
All Swe teams in UEFA, Alviks IK, IFK Luleå
My origin country: capital city , plus all teams in UEFA
Germany - Love Bundesliga
Nederland - Feyenoord

National tams: SWEDEN; Italy, Germany, Argentina and my origib country

Hate: real Madrid, Brazil , some way I don't like Inter and Milan , my origin country, port city what has yellow coulor and teams what comes from biggest city in the ester side.

HOCKEY
Sweden: LULEÅ, Apslöven, Björklöven , AIK Solna
Finland : Oulun Kärpät
NHL : Montreal Canadians, Maple Leaves, Chicago Black Hawks, Philadelphia Flayers, NYR, Detroit Red Wings and now Buffalo Sabres, (thise who know from where I am, might know why atm I like Sabres)
My origin country nat team

Hate: Skellefteå AIK, KHL

Other sports: my origin and Swedish nat team, rest just depends of competition
WC, WC, OG and club competitions is good
----

apos;'
[image]
13.01.2015 - 21:13
Mattybu
Written by brapp426 on 13.10.2014 at 20:15

Baseball/NY Mets
Basketball/Utah Jazz
Football/NY Giants/Jets
Hockey/NY Rangers

I think the Jazz are awesome, but I was kind of expecting the Knicks to be there based on the others.
15.01.2015 - 02:23
Mercyful_Kate
Hockey/ Philadelphia Flyers (2nd team is Buffalo Sabres because I have to root for the now home team. Also, I love Zemgus Girgensons.)
US Football/ Buffalo Bills
Baseball/ Philadelphia Phillies
Soccer/ Werder Bremen
Basketball/ Nobody. I don't follow it, but I guess I would be excited if the Philadelphia 76ers were to win a championship.
15.01.2015 - 02:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 15.01.2015 at 02:23

Hockey/ Philadelphia Flyers (2nd team is Buffalo Sabres because I have to root for the now home team. Also, I love Zemgus Girgensons.)

LOL .. because of him I follow to Sabres atm more ... and I miggt follow Bolts ... if someone gets thee (and guy I mean is from my home town LOL)
----

apos;'
[image]
15.01.2015 - 08:57
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Football - Barcelona(Spanish Premier), Tottenham Hotspurs(EPL), Celtic(Scottish premier).

Basketball - Sacramento Kings. (And big woo-hoo beating Kings last night. 108-104).

Tennis - Nadal. NADAL.
15.01.2015 - 15:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 15.01.2015 at 08:57

Football - Barcelona(Spanish Premier), Tottenham Hotspurs(EPL), Celtic(Scottish premier).

Basketball - Sacramento Kings. (And big woo-hoo beating Kings last night. 108-104).

Tennis - Nadal. NADAL.

Youäre from Cardiff soe Cardiff it should be, but good you chose Spurs not FC Chealse, Man Utd, Man City or Arsenal, or Liverpool
----

apos;'
[image]
15.01.2015 - 17:19
Mercyful_Kate
Written by Bad English on 15.01.2015 at 02:54

LOL .. because of him I follow to Sabres atm more ... and I miggt follow Bolts ... if someone gets thee (and guy I mean is from my home town LOL)

Keep following them. They might be bad now, but it's because they're a really young team. They have some great talent that will develop over the next two or three seasons (namely our Latvian prince, Zemgus). I almost forgot that their coach also coached the Latvian Men's Olympic team.
15.01.2015 - 17:56
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Bad English on 15.01.2015 at 15:32

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 15.01.2015 at 08:57

Tennis - Nadal. NADAL.

Youäre from Cardiff soe Cardiff it should be, but good you chose Spurs not FC Chealse, Man Utd, Man City or Arsenal, or Liverpool

Nah, Cardiff is not my favorite but I think they're developing into very good team. Still not par with likes of Chelsea/Arsenal and if they keep working hard, they might upset good EPL clubs in future.

My friends there know I don't support Cardiff. Just waiting for moment when Spurs goes against Cardiff in Cardiff Millennium stadium and i'm cheering for Spurs from Stand 2.
15.01.2015 - 19:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 15.01.2015 at 17:19

Written by Bad English on 15.01.2015 at 02:54

Keep following them. They might be bad now, but it's because they're a really young team. They have some great talent that will develop over the next two or three seasons (namely our Latvian prince, Zemgus). I almost forgot that their coach also coached the Latvian Men's Olympic team.

He is good I hope he gets far and get SC one day
Ted Nollan was working whit Lv team 2 years, I wish he would stay longer
----

apos;'
[image]
22.01.2015 - 10:06
Nucky
Written by Bad English on 13.10.2014 at 11:44

Written by Nucky on 13.10.2014 at 09:48

No Union Olimpia?

No.. I've been supporting Partizan since I was a boy.. Kind of family tradition to support Partizan..
08.04.2017 - 23:09
Usittlac
Basketball is a great sport that helps you stay fit and build a great physique. That's the reason most basketball players are in good shape, especially well developed upper bodies.

http://musclebuildingdigital.com/
21.04.2017 - 10:02
Jtbmetal123
My teams are Tampa Bay Buccaneers since I've lived in the Tampa Bay area for 20 years now. Tampa Bay Rays Rays for baseball, Tampa Bay Lightning for Hockey. Kentucky Wildcats for college basketball since I was born in Kentucky. Miami Heat for Basketball as well.
21.04.2017 - 14:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Jtbmetal123 on 21.04.2017 at 10:02

My teams are Tampa Bay Buccaneers since I've lived in the Tampa Bay area for 20 years now. Tampa Bay Rays Rays for baseball, Tampa Bay Lightning for Hockey. Kentucky Wildcats for college basketball since I was born in Kentucky. Miami Heat for Basketball as well.

why move then?
----

apos;'
[image]
23.04.2017 - 06:13
Jtbmetal123
Written by Bad English on 21.04.2017 at 14:48

Written by Jtbmetal123 on 21.04.2017 at 10:02

why move then?

Well I lived in Kentucky until i was 5 then my parents moved to Florida and ive lived here for more than 20 years now. I like both states so I support them both.
10.08.2017 - 06:22
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Written by BudDa on 13.11.2012 at 12:42

Football: Am a huge fan of the African Champions League though its been long since a team from my country participated. Internationally, I support Everton. ]

Shit, sorry I missed this... I'm a Toffee as well, and have actually kicked in a donation to help support Everton Uganda raise money to attend a tournament. Should your schedule free up and you visit MS again, we can talk Royal Blue.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!