Metal Storm logo
Carnifex - Reveal Details About New Album

We already knew that American deathcore band Carnifex had a new album in the pipeline following 2014's Die Without Hope. Today, they let us know a bit more. First, the new album is entitled Slow Death and will be released on August 5th via Nuclear Blast Records. Secondly, you can listen to a short preview and find out more details below.

The record was produced and recorded by Carnifex and Mick Kenney (Anaal Nathrakh, Bleeding Through), and co-produced by Jason Suecof (Death Angel, Chelsea Grin, Job For A Cowboy). Slow Death was mixed by Mark Lewis (The Black Dahlia Murder, Whitechapel, Deicide) at Audiohammer Studios in Sanford, Florida. Cover art for the album was created by renowned artist and longtime collaborator, Godmachine.

"Album number six, over 10 years as a band and we have more fire and passion than ever," comments vocalist Scott Ian Lewis. "This album will reshape our genre and be looked back on as an album that started a new movement for aggressive, dark metal. We're going to show those who love us and those who hate us just how far reaching our ambition is."

Slow Death tracklist:

01. Dark Heart Ceremony
02. Slow Death
03. Drown Me In Blood
04. Pale Ghost
05. Black Candles Burning
06. Six Feet Closer To Hell
07. Necrotoxic
08. Life Fades To A Funeral
09. Countess Of The Crescent Moon
10. Servants To The Horde

Are you eager to listen to their new album?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Carnifex
Posted: 12.05.2016 by s_t_s

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 27 users
12.05.2016 - 13:13
Overrwatcher

I actually have enjoyed their last three albums a lot, and I recommend them to anyone who likes deathcore but hasn't checked the band out. The title tracks on all of them have been phenomenal. The 20 second clip sounds good, hopefully they finally move away from the edgy relationship lyrics. That shit was okay when they were a Myspacecore band, at this point it's embarrassing.

This could be their breakthrough from a good deathcore band (though one that is very standard and won't make anyone suddenly like the genre) to a great one.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
12.05.2016 - 17:18
Alondate

Written by Overrwatcher on 12.05.2016 at 13:13

I actually have enjoyed their last three albums a lot, and I recommend them to anyone who likes deathcore but hasn't checked the band out. The title tracks on all of them have been phenomenal. The 20 second clip sounds good, hopefully they finally move away from the edgy relationship lyrics. That shit was okay when they were a Myspacecore band, at this point it's embarrassing.

This could be their breakthrough from a good deathcore band (though one that is very standard and won't make anyone suddenly like the genre) to a great one.

One of the few good deathcore bands. I also like all shall perish
12.05.2016 - 19:47
s_t_s

Written by Alondate on 12.05.2016 at 17:18

Argh All Shal Perish ! Deathcore isn't my fave kind of metal but I like ASP so much (well, except for the first album). I found out about Carnifex and Whitechapel when I realized that ASP was dead Have tried a few other bands but atm only Carnifex and Whitechapel caught my attention.
13.05.2016 - 02:05
SelfXPlanetOrE

Written by Alondate on 12.05.2016 at 17:18

Animosity, Through the Eyes of The Dead and Despised Icon are also quite good. Carnifex never disappoints though, in fact I've considered them my all time favorite band for a few years now.

Hits total: 1503 | This month: 5