Metal Storm logo
GREAT Obscure Thrash Albums That REQUIRE ATTENTION

If your favorites aren't on here, then make your own damn list. On this list, you will see the mentioning of Spotify, iTunes, and Google Play. I have included these three medias so that you don't go looking for it and become disappointed. If one of these medias is not included in the "list of absence" then that means that media possesses that specific album.

These albums require attention. I have included a good variety of thrash styles such as Progressive/Thrash, Technical/Thrash, Black/Thrash, Power/Thrash, Teutonic, Death/Thrash, and, the more commonly known, Traditional Thrash.

Here is further information about each of these bands so that you may find whatever you may like.

Exhorder - Began Groove Metal, inspired Pantera's sound - Pantera-like vocals and guitar. A blend of thrash and Pantera

Artillery - Great riffs on By Inheritance and Terror Squad, their guitar is a close match to that of Metallica's. Their first album has great riffage as well, but the vocals change from the cleaner vocals to Death Metal vocals. The riffs on By Inheritance can be used at an abortion clinic if you want a fast abortion. Yeah, they're that good.

Realm - Like Annihilator. Vocals are on the higher end of the sound spectrum, fantastic guitar.

Exumer - If you judge them by Raging Tides (their latest album) then you, my friend, are a fool. Possessed By Fire is a great album with simple, yet awesome riffs. But that's what Teutonic Thrash is: simple, good riffs.

Vio-lence - Great guitar, high vocals.

Evildead - The guitar is pretty generic, vocals are normal/clean

Heretic - Basically like Flotsam And Jetsam - who ever knew Power Metal and Thrash sounded so good together. Awesome vocals and guitar.

Paradox - Awesome guitar and vocals

Coroner - Riffs that can kill a bear faster than Vladimir Putin with photoshopped abs. The vocals didn't really appeal to me personally, but maybe they will to you.

Bulldozer - If you're into Black Metal then this is for you. It's more Black than Thrash.

Destruction - Teutonic Thrash - if you're wondering what Teutonic Thrash is, it's basically an album full of songs that make no sense lyrically and guitar riffs that consist of palm-muting the 6th string and doing power chords on the 4th and 5th strings, but, at the same time, it still sounds great.

Onslaught - Fabulous riffs and good vocals

Vendetta (GER) - (The GER means Germany and it's there so you can click on it and go to the right band) Vendetta "(GER)" have riffs that can decapitate Corey Taylor (that guy in Slipknot with the beefy neck).

Infernäl Mäjesty - Also for the person in your life who loves Black Metal.

Assassin - They make two types of songs: songs that shred your soul and others that bring you pain. Sheer pain. Painful enough to make you want to die but not painful enough to make you die. If you listen to the album listed on this list, SKIP THE SONG BULLETS IT'S SO BAD. Otherwise, listen on, my fellow thrashers! This album is a classic. Besides, even classics have bad moments! *cough* *cough* Fight Or Fall by Thin Lizzy on Jailbreak *cough*

Atrophy - Generic thrash album. Great vocals, but (mostly) generic riffs

Xentrix - Awesome guitar, deep/low vocals - spectacular band!

Vindicator - Yes, they're on all medias!!! Great new band, deeper vocals with a traditional guitar

Hades - Guitar that can kill and vocals that are a perfect level for Thrash! HIGHLY recommended.

Seventh Angel - Incredible, face-melting guitar with vocals that are kinda growly - has elements of Doom Metal INSIDE OF the Thrash

Apocalypse - GREAT Traditional Thrash riffs with killer vocals

IF I MISSED ANY ALBUMS then please kindly let me know in the comments section and I will try to listen to them (yes, I will TRY, there may be a reason they're obscure).

I hope you've thoroughly enjoyed this list and have been enlightened with more metal!

Created by: __Mailman | 24.04.2016

1. Exhorder - Slaughter In The Vatican
1990 / Thrash, Groove Metal / USA
2. Artillery - By Inheritance
1990 / Traditional Thrash / Denmark / Not on Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play
3. Artillery - Terror Squad
1987 / Traditional Thrash / Denmark / Not on Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play
4. Artillery - Fear Of Tomorrow
1985 / Traditional Thrash, Death Metal / Denmark / Not on Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play
5. Realm - Endless War
1988 / Technical, Progressive Thrash / USA / Not on Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play
6. Exumer - Possessed By Fire
1986 / Teutonic Thrash, Traditional Thrash / Germany / Not on Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play
7. Vio-lence - Eternal Nightmare
1988 / Traditional Thrash / USA / Not on Spotify
8. Evildead - Annihilation Of Civilization
1989 / Traditional Thrash / USA / Not on Spotify or Google Play
9. Heretic - Breaking Point
1988 / Power, Traditional Thrash / USA / Not on Spotify (and, apparently, it's not on Metal Storm either)
10. Paradox - Heresy
1989 / Power, Traditional Thrash / Germany / Not on Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play
11. Coroner - R.I.P.
1987 / Technical Thrash / Switzerland / Not on Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play
12. Bulldozer - Neurodeliri
1988 / Thrash, Black Metal / Italy / Not on Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play
13. Destruction - Infernal Overkill
1985 / Teutonic Thrash / Germany / Not on Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play
14. Destruction - Eternal Devastation
1986 / Teutonic Thrash / Germany / Not on Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play
15. Onslaught - The Force
1986 / Traditional Thrash / UK / Not on Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play
16. Vendetta (GER) - Brain Damage
1988 / Traditional / Germany / Not on Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play
17. Vendetta (GER) - Go And Live... Stay And Die
1987 / Traditional Thrash / Germany / Not on Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play
18. Infernäl Mäjesty - None Shall Defy
1987 / Thrash, Black Metal / Canada / Not on Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play
19. Assassin - The Upcoming Terror
1986 / Traditional Thrash, Teutonic Thrash / Germany / Not on Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play
20. Atrophy - Violent By Nature
1990 / Traditional Thrash / USA / Not on Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play
21. Xentrix - For Whose Advantage?
1990 / Traditional Thrash / UK / Not on Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play
22. Vindicator - The Antique Witcheries
2010 / Traditional Thrash / USA
23. Hades - Resisting Success
1986 / Power, Traditional Thrash / USA / Not on Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play
24. Seventh Angel - Lament For The Weary
1991 / Doom, Traditional Thrash / UK / Not on Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play
25. Seventh Angel - The Torment
1990 / Doom, Traditional Thrash / UK / Not on Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play
26. Apocalypse - Faithless
1993 / Traditional Thrash / Switzerland / Not on Spotify, iTunes, or Google Play

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by __Mailman ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 3   Visited by: 48 users
16.05.2016 - 15:14
Ball Fondlers

This is a really cool list. I look forward to hearing some of the bands here that I don't already know. Thanks for posting
29.02.2024 - 01:29
Guib
Thrash Talker
Killer fucking thrash list honestly.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
29.02.2024 - 06:29
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Good list.

You may stretch it including lot of missing ones.

Hits total: 3139 | This month: 8