Metal Storm logo
MMA

18.05.2016 - 08:06
Kennoth
I noticed that there's a lack of quality sport threads on this forum, so I figured I might as well open this one. Any MMA fans out there? This is probably my favorite sport to watch, right next to occasional football and handball match here and there (especially those with the national side).

Search function unveiled that there is a "martial arts" thread, and a "UFC" thread, but neither of them encapsulate the MMA sport as a whole, plus they've been inactive for years, so I think it deserves a separate topic. I'm also partially inspired by UFC 198 for opening this, since I've been waiting for the Miocic - Werdum fight for months, and I was quite confident that Miocic would take it despite being the underdog. And he did. My favorite fighter of all time would be either Fedor or my countryman Cro Cop, I'm a real sucker for the early PRIDE era. Anyway, feel free to discuss anything MMA related in here.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
18.05.2016 - 16:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
MMA wtf is that, normally it stands manual metal arch welding(some countries uses it or method 111), aka whit pinne or wtf it calls, basically hardest welding if you're new generation kid and are used all what happens automatically
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.05.2016 - 21:39
Kennoth
You're just posting for the sake of posting at this point, aren't you?
----
18.05.2016 - 21:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Kennoth on 18.05.2016 at 21:39

No because I never heard of MMA as sport what so ever (even if fighting can be sport? ) MMA is most used as welding method
Read more http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=46885
----

apos;'
[image]
18.05.2016 - 21:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite

He always does that.
He full well knows what Mixed Martial Arts is.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.05.2016 - 22:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.05.2016 at 21:52

He always does that.
He full well knows what Mixed Martial Arts is.

No I don't, I never have heard it and , I don't pay attention and last fight sport I saw in full was when I and my old man was forced watch (because of heavy summer rain at his friend house) fight 1th one when Taison came out of jail....
I have seen WWF as child, its all, and I do not know what does it stands for , I don't watch those things
----

apos;'
[image]
19.05.2016 - 06:13
no one
Account deleted
^ :

Only part i dont like about mixed martial arts is the ju jitsu and wrestling, when they get each other in a hold on the ground for ten minutes punching the same spot, and that seems to be half of it.
19.05.2016 - 14:30
Kennoth
That really depends on the fighters themselves. Last fight is a very good example. You have jiu-jitsu masters like Werdum that are submission artists, and prefer taking the fight to the ground. And then you have Miocic that's a great boxer and prefers standing up in a fight. It's rumored that the next HW title fight is going to be Miocic - Overeem, I think you won't see much of that in it.
----
26.08.2016 - 00:16
DualHelix
I'm a huge MMA fan in general. I love Martial Arts movies and all of it, but I've also studied in a few different arts and am currently in Jiu Jitsu, so I'm a bit biased haha.

Also, the ground game used to be boring to me until I started doing it myself and actually learning what was going on, now I find it fascinating when I see high level guys use it. And not all guys just hold someone down and be inactive, there are a lot of high level guys that constantly fight for submissions and try to advance position. Yeah, I myself arent a big fan of them just staying on the ground for the sake of just holding them down.
26.08.2016 - 08:05
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Speaking of MMA, I heard Phil Brooks is making his way into it.
30.08.2016 - 02:27
DualHelix
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 26.08.2016 at 08:05

He is, he's been training his ass off. I watched a special about it the other day. I hope that he gets in and does well, but I have the feeling he's going to get beat a few times before he finds his rhythm, but he isn't one to just give up easy.
30.08.2016 - 06:55
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by DualHelix on 30.08.2016 at 02:27

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 26.08.2016 at 08:05

He is, he's been training his ass off. I watched a special about it the other day. I hope that he gets in and does well, but I have the feeling he's going to get beat a few times before he finds his rhythm, but he isn't one to just give up easy.

That's right.

Only the other day I was watching episodes of 'Evolution Of Punk' where Phil drastically changed his way from WWE to UFC for WHAT HE WANTS TO BE. I like his determination even though he received a lot from flak from his fanbase who used to watch him on tv sets pipe-bombing every wwe member. He came out with all this very nicely and he's working really hard on his work outs. I'm sure he is going to do well.

It also gives advantage to Phil who's been surrounded with very good trainers, ufc experts and fitness analyst who's working on his body(considering the fact that he's not much muscular) and his beloved wife is also very supportive towards this new dangerous direction he has taken.

Well, look forward to the match between Phil and Brock. It's going to be one hell of a match.