Metal Storm logo
Incantation

Original post

Posted by ^Necrolust^, 23.05.2006 - 01:51
Incantation, another amazing US dm band.I love the way they combine the brutal sound,with a dark,satanic feeling.I prefer their album ''Onward To Golgotha'' and their EP ''Forsaken Mourning of Angelic Anguish''.So,what do you think about them?
23.04.2007 - 01:29
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
@Dream of Hate - Yeah, they're pretty similar to Immolation...even their names sound the same. I find Immolation to be a little more creative, and better lol.
25.05.2007 - 16:23
villain

Listened to "Onwards to Golgotha" yesterday for the first time. Sounds interesting(N3cr0!! ) but it'll require a few more spins before I make a more detailed comment.
----

Suddenly........
Life has new meaning
24.06.2007 - 02:29
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I received their newest album, Primordial Domination, in the mail today. The vocals are slightly different, but they still sound evil and shit. Plus, this album is actually one of their best!
24.11.2008 - 14:37
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
This topic hasn't been posted in for ages, but I just discovered this band. Actually, I just re-discovered them. I got Diabolical Conquest a few years ago and never really got into it (never really been into death metal except for a few bands, mostly old Swedish stuff) but I gave it another try recently and realised what an amazing album it is. I'm sure a lot of people don't like them because they're "too generic" but I think there's something else about them. They combine the pure brutality of American DM with doom metal and a kind of blasphemous black metal atmosphere and intent, plus (as it says on the website) John McEntee really is one of the most hardworking people in DM, he's been the only constant member and kept the band going in the underground for all these years, touring relentlessly and writing new music despite all the line up changes. He's a true DM legend.

It's true that they havn't evolved at all since their debut, but I'd still urge people to give Diabolical Conquest a listen. You might be surprised.
24.11.2008 - 18:26
theflyingmachine

Written by Guest on 24.11.2008 at 14:37

This topic hasn't been posted in for ages, but I just discovered this band. Actually, I just re-discovered them. I got Diabolical Conquest a few years ago and never really got into it (never really been into death metal except for a few bands, mostly old Swedish stuff) but I gave it another try recently and realised what an amazing album it is. I'm sure a lot of people don't like them because they're "too generic" but I think there's something else about them. They combine the pure brutality of American DM with doom metal and a kind of blasphemous black metal atmosphere and intent, plus (as it says on the website) John McEntee really is one of the most hardworking people in DM, he's been the only constant member and kept the band going in the underground for all these years, touring relentlessly and writing new music despite all the line up changes. He's a true DM legend.

It's true that they havn't evolved at all since their debut, but I'd still urge people to give Diabolical Conquest a listen. You might be surprised.

I was hoping to listen to all of their albums before posting again in this thread (still haven't heard Blasphemy), but I couldn't help but appreciate this post. Seems that anyone who likes this band centers their attention on Onward to Golgotha, but Diabolical Conquest is my personal favorite and Mortal Throne of Nazarene is also an underrated release, though it took me longer to appreciate that album.

I also wish that there were more fans of their later albums...Decimate Christiandom isn't all that great on the vocals, but the tracks are just as good as Onward to Golgotha IMO. Primordial Domination seems to be a continuation of Decimate, with a similar sound and superior vocals, although the tracks are a little less memorable.
26.11.2008 - 14:15
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
Written by theflyingmachine on 24.11.2008 at 18:26

I was hoping to listen to all of their albums before posting again in this thread (still haven't heard Blasphemy), but I couldn't help but appreciate this post. Seems that anyone who likes this band centers their attention on Onward to Golgotha, but Diabolical Conquest is my personal favorite and Mortal Throne of Nazarene is also an underrated release, though it took me longer to appreciate that album.

I also wish that there were more fans of their later albums...Decimate Christiandom isn't all that great on the vocals, but the tracks are just as good as Onward to Golgotha IMO. Primordial Domination seems to be a continuation of Decimate, with a similar sound and superior vocals, although the tracks are a little less memorable.

It doesn't seem like there are that many people into Incantation anyway. I've listened to most of Onward to Golgotha on Youtube (not very metal I know, but I havn't had a chance to buy it yet as I've just got a new job and won't get paid until the 30th) and while it is a classic DM album, I think they really got everything right on Diabolical Conquest. They seem pretty consistent on all their albums though, which is admirable as most bands from the golden years of a genre usually turn to shite after a few good early albums. I don't think Primordial Domination is a great album, it's an ok one, but still way better than most of the crap that passes for DM these days. I like John's vocals.
08.06.2010 - 01:34
Mosquiller

Incantation were the masters of doomy death metal. Onward to Golgotha is without a doubt their best release thus far.
fans also be aware of Disma, Disciples of Mockery, Dead Congregation, Symphony of Grief, father Befouled, Impetuous Ritual, Necros Christos, Infester, Morpheus Descends, USUD, ...

Written by theflyingmachine on 22.04.2007 at 18:53

Do you all know of any band that has a similar sound to Incantation?
What really drew me to the band was the slower, but still heavy and dark, parts of the song, as well as the vocals. The faster parts aren't bad, but I don't think that they fit the mood as well.
----
Written by Konrad on 10.12.2009 at 22:41

Hey, if you put your mind to something, you can accomplish it...just don't give up.
09.06.2010 - 16:59
theflyingmachine

Written by Mosquiller on 08.06.2010 at 01:34

Incantation were the masters of doomy death metal. Onward to Golgotha is without a doubt their best release thus far.
fans also be aware of Disma, Disciples of Mockery, Dead Congregation, Symphony of Grief, father Befouled, Impetuous Ritual, Necros Christos, Infester, Morpheus Descends, ...

Written by theflyingmachine on 22.04.2007 at 18:53

Do you all know of any band that has a similar sound to Incantation?
What really drew me to the band was the slower, but still heavy and dark, parts of the song, as well as the vocals. The faster parts aren't bad, but I don't think that they fit the mood as well.

I posted that about three years ago, but thanks anyways
I like Disma, Dead Congregation, Infester, Morpheus Descends, and Father Befouled. Haven't heard Disciples of Mockery or Symphony of Grief, but will check those out. Don't care for Impetuous Ritual or Necros Christos though.
These guys need to quit touring and write another album. I'm ready for some new Incantation!
06.07.2010 - 05:16
theflyingmachine

In case anyone cares, Incantation just released a two-track EP called Scapegoat. I think that the two songs were supposed to be on Primordial Domination, and they are both high-quality tracks. The first is faster than most modern Incantation, while the second is pretty catchy. Only problem I have is that the album is 7 minutes in length...
06.07.2010 - 06:06
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Damn, that's actually really annoying. Why couldn't they have just put those songs on their next full length album?
06.07.2010 - 14:43
theflyingmachine

Written by Dangerboner on 06.07.2010 at 06:06

Damn, that's actually really annoying. Why couldn't they have just put those songs on their next full length album?

I agree, especially when it costs $8 (before shipping) to buy that EP.
08.07.2010 - 04:42
Ur-Drago

What are the odds these two songs show up on the next LP?

I'll wait to find out.