Metal Storm logo
Discuss the last Band DVD You watched

Original post

Posted by Arian Totalis, 25.03.2007 - 19:13
This is a Thread to Discuss the last Band DVD you watched. It can be any Genre of Music, Not neceserrily Metal, maby you just got done with some Pink Floyd.

But as for me, the last one I watched was Iron Maidens DVD "Raising Hell" which was Bruce Dickonsons last show before leaving for ten years It was a good show oveall but the performances were disapointing in comparison to say Live at the rainbow or beast over hammersmith.
03.04.2009 - 12:00
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Sigyn on 13.02.2009 at 12:55

Arcturus - Shipwrecked in Oslo

I love Arcturus... I wish they made a DVD while Garm was singing, but Simen is good too It's kinda goofy with the guy in the white bear-costume, but the band and the crowd is having fun - so it's ok Never get tired of this one

Ive seen that dvd, its very nice. nice theatrical peformance
17.04.2009 - 22:57
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Pain - Live is Overrated

Gosh, my imaginary boyfriend Peter Tägtgren in all his glory... No, seriously, I love this guy & co. with Pain and seen them once so far and he's amazing live. And this DVD proves it features some concerts from 2005 plus some videos. I just adore Peter, when he gets on stage, no matter what he does, I know it's gonna be an amazing show.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
18.04.2009 - 01:35
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by AnGina-- on 17.04.2009 at 22:57

Pain - Live is Overrated

Gosh, my imaginary boyfriend Peter Tägtgren in all his glory... No, seriously, I love this guy & co. with Pain and seen them once so far and he's amazing live. And this DVD proves it features some concerts from 2005 plus some videos. I just adore Peter, when he gets on stage, no matter what he does, I know it's gonna be an amazing show.

That's absolutely perfect.. Indeed one of the best DVD I've ever got.. That DVD covered all Pain's career up to Dancing With The Dead.. And it's a very good start for Pain, like I've done. I was really unknown to the band, but thanks to this DVD I became a Pain fan(boy).
20.04.2009 - 17:34
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by OneWithMisery on 03.07.2007 at 14:35

Sentenced-Buried Alive (2dvd's). Amazing material.

does it have any music videos or special features?
20.04.2009 - 17:46
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Introspekrieg on 21.12.2007 at 04:29

Just bought the new Tool- Vicarious DVD and rushed home to watch what I thought was going to be their first live DVD. Once again they disappoint, I mean don't get me wrong, the video is amazing. It's just, I wanted something more. All that touring they do, not one collection of live footage? They can't reward their fans who wait patiently for years between albums? Laziest band ever...

Edit: I forgot about the David Cross commentary, hilarious!

I dont think that they are lazy, they like to make money in concerts! thats why they dont release any Live dvd, Ive seen their bootlegs, they can release very nice dvd's. their scenes and backgrounds are very nice. at least their 2006 tours are very well.
20.04.2009 - 20:02
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Guest on 20.04.2009 at 17:46

Written by Introspekrieg on 21.12.2007 at 04:29

Just bought the new Tool- Vicarious DVD and rushed home to watch what I thought was going to be their first live DVD. Once again they disappoint, I mean don't get me wrong, the video is amazing. It's just, I wanted something more. All that touring they do, not one collection of live footage? They can't reward their fans who wait patiently for years between albums? Laziest band ever...

Edit: I forgot about the David Cross commentary, hilarious!

I dont think that they are lazy, they like to make money in concerts! thats why they dont release any Live dvd, Ive seen their bootlegs, they can release very nice dvd's. their scenes and backgrounds are very nice. at least their 2006 tours are very well.

Lol, I know...

but even if they released a live DVD I wouldn't dare to miss their live shows
26.04.2009 - 18:27
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Lacuna Coil's DVD (karma), and I liked the shows and specially their second dvd which was all about band and fans, its a really nice dvd very nice dvd. you learn kung fu! tay chi, you can see short films about itally and band members! its very nice.
07.07.2009 - 20:12
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Iron Maiden - Flight 666

I thought the film in itself, the first part, was brilliant. I think Iron Maiden always produces great DVDs, DVDs that they know will please their already Maidenized fans. To me, the most interesting thing was to see the backstage. They are so funny, especially Nicko. We saw a bit of that in previous DVDs where you had them interviewed and so on.

The biggest achievement of the DVD, in my point of view, are the live shows and how they are filmed. Besides the huge crowds, we saw songs in a lot of different places, different audiences and to me that makes for a better experience. Dream Theater did that in their last DVD and it worked pretty well too. You kinda get the feel of the audience. And with the 2nd DVD, I can now replay the concert I saw in Lisbon in 2008 and have those songs for life.

Great DVD.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
16.07.2009 - 06:58
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by BloodTears on 07.07.2009 at 20:12

Iron Maiden - Flight 666

I thought the film in itself, the first part, was brilliant. I think Iron Maiden always produces great DVDs, DVDs that they know will please their already Maidenized fans. To me, the most interesting thing was to see the backstage. They are so funny, especially Nicko. We saw a bit of that in previous DVDs where you had them interviewed and so on.

The biggest achievement of the DVD, in my point of view, are the live shows and how they are filmed. Besides the huge crowds, we saw songs in a lot of different places, different audiences and to me that makes for a better experience. Dream Theater did that in their last DVD and it worked pretty well too. You kinda get the feel of the audience. And with the 2nd DVD, I can now replay the concert I saw in Lisbon in 2008 and have those songs for life.

Great DVD.

Props to you for being at a show being filmed for a DVD. Wish I could have been there
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
16.07.2009 - 14:41
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Arian Totalis on 16.07.2009 at 06:58

Written by BloodTears on 07.07.2009 at 20:12

Iron Maiden - Flight 666

Great DVD.

Props to you for being at a show being filmed for a DVD. Wish I could have been there

If they filmed the show in Lisbon I don't know but that was only on the second leg of the tour. I meant I can see the setlist exactly as it was in here. I saw images of Bruce inside the plain in Lisbon. Will they release the second leg shows? Probably wouldn't make sense.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
16.07.2009 - 20:08
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Okay then, I get ya.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
21.12.2010 - 17:14
JD
Account deleted
I can't discuss all the DVD's i have watched, but i made a list for them My DVD's List