09. A.F.U.

Found in 1 list
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 48 users
02.06.2016 - 22:50
Rating: 2
majormalfunction

Woah wtf is up with the production? Sure does sound like shit. It has to be a drum machine and the guitars sounds like sewing machines. On the top of that the songs are for the most part very unmemorable and Kevin Goochers vocals are horrible (is this really the same guy who sang in Phantom-X??).
I actually had some hopes on this one, I saw them live in 2015 and they played Hellas which sounded great live. It's possible the best song here but it's still ruined by the production.

Omen had a good run in the 80's but that's a long time ago. No need for another new album. This is bad, real bad.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
03.06.2016 - 08:41
Rating: 5
Joppe
Steelemeister
This album sure isn't Omen's brightest moment. It still kinda sounds like old Omen w/ this songwriting and production, but not as good. "Eulogy for a Warrior", "Hellas" and "A.F.U." show that the band can still create some pretty good songs, but generally speaking the songs of this album are disappointing to say the least
----
My vision is augmented
03.06.2016 - 08:47
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by majormalfunction on 02.06.2016 at 22:50

Woah wtf is up with the production? Sure does sound like shit. It has to be a drum machine and the guitars sounds like sewing machines...

Maybe I'm used to productions like this. I have no problems with it, actually IMO the bass sounds really good here, but I do agree about the drums. Something just isn't right about how they sound.
----
My vision is augmented
05.06.2016 - 17:14
Rating: 6
truenoacero

The production is simply horrible, it ruins all the songs.
06.06.2016 - 09:50
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by truenoacero on 05.06.2016 at 17:14

The production is simply horrible, it ruins all the songs.

I don't think the production precisely ruins many of these songs because that would mean that the songs would have to be at least somewhat good, which most of them isn't. It ruins a couple of songs, yeah, but rest of the songs got the production that they deserve
----
My vision is augmented

Hits total: 2077 | This month: 16