Metal Storm logo
Running Wild - New Album On The Way

German pirates Running Wild have been working on a new album titled Rapid Foray. The heavy metallers are preparing an August 26th, 2016 release date, three years after the release of Resilient. See the cover art based on a photo by Kasparek which Jens Reinhold (Virgin Steele, Freedom Call, among others) subsequently gave the look of an oil painting and song titles here.

The band's mastermind Rolf Kasparek apologises for the long delay: "Due to my broken shoulder, I was totally or at least partly incapacitated for more than twelve months from spring 2014, something that repeatedly delayed work on the new material. After that I had to prepare intensively for our show in Wacken, which was also very time-consuming. Now I'm all the more pleased to be able to present an exceptionally strong new recording to all Running Wild fans."

"The new tracks are more complex than those on our previous two releases", Kasparek reveals, "which I noticed in particular when we were recording the guitars. At the same time some of the numbers remind me of Running Wild classics. I feel that we've come up with a very interesting and impressive mix."

Rapid Foray was produced by Rolf Kasparek with Niki Nowy as sound engineer, who also mixed and mastered the material together.

Songs:

01. Black Skies, Red Flag (4:44)
02. Warmongers (4:29)
03. Stick To Your Guns (5:08)
04. Rapid Foray (4:47)
05. By The Blood In Your Heart (5:27)
06. The Depth Of The Sea - Nautilus (instrumental) (3:53)
07. Black Bart (5:06)
08. Hellestrified (4:22)
09. Blood Moon Rising (4:20)
10. Into The West (4:34)
11. Last Of The Mohicans (11:11)

Configurations:

• Digipak incl. doublesided poster
  • Double gatefold LP with printed innersleevs, 180-gram golden vinyl and CD in cardboard sleeve
  • Boxset limited to 1.000 units: Digi, 2LP, poster, handsigned photocard, sticker, button, patch and a mousepad

Source: running-wild.de
    Band profile: Running Wild
  • Posted: 11.06.2016 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 9   Visited by: 63 users
    11.06.2016 - 13:43
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    Broken shoulder, he still can sing guitar duties in studio can be done by other as Kai Hansen don't sings on Gamma Ray anymore, other dude sings, he plays
    ----
    Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
    apos;'
    [image]
    I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
    11.06.2016 - 21:38
    qlacs
    "The Quaker"
    Great
    ----
    11.06.2016 - 23:09
    Belegûr
    Arise In Might!
    More complex than last 2 releases? Yes please!
    11.06.2016 - 23:10
    Joppe
    Steelemeister
    Written by Bad English on 11.06.2016 at 13:43

Broken shoulder, he still can sing guitar duties in studio can be done by other as Kai Hansen don't sings on Gamma Ray anymore, other dude sings, he plays

Nobody plays guitar like Rock n Rolf, I can detect his playing just from a few seconds of audio, it's in the riffs. Everybody who knows this band well can say that its music is most about Rolf's guitars and vocals and if you take one of them away, then the band will suck.
    ----
    My vision is augmented
    11.06.2016 - 23:22
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    Written by Joppe on 11.06.2016 at 23:10

Nobody plays guitar like Rock n Rolf, I can detect his playing just from a few seconds of audio, it's in the riffs. Everybody who knows this band well can say that its music is most about Rolf's guitars and vocals and if you take one of them away, then the band will suck.

2.3 guitarists can do it and its not 80's anymore it will suck in some way
    ----
    Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
    apos;'
    [image]
    I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
    12.06.2016 - 02:04
    ManiacBlasphemer
    Black Knight

Partly true, but remember the last 3 albums before they broke up for the first time? They sucked heavily because they ditched the drummer and used a drum machine. The result was horrendous. Rogues in Vogue... omfg. Running Wild has made its last notable album way back... The Rivalry was their last one.
    12.06.2016 - 11:03
    Joppe
    Steelemeister
    Written by Bad English on 11.06.2016 at 23:22

2.3 guitarists can do it and its not 80's anymore it will suck in some way

Maybe technically it would sound as good, but true fans will know the difference. Rolf is irreplaceable. Even if the songs do suck RW always had some good riffs in them.
    ----
    My vision is augmented
    12.06.2016 - 11:20
    Joppe
    Steelemeister
    Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 12.06.2016 at 02:04

Partly true, but remember the last 3 albums before they broke up for the first time? They sucked heavily because they ditched the drummer and used a drum machine. The result was horrendous. Rogues in Vogue... omfg. Running Wild has made its last notable album way back... The Rivalry was their last one.

I think most people agree about those drums are fake and sound terrible, but even so, some of the songs from Victory and Brotherhood are pretty good and I cannot say that RW sucks there yet. "Rogues" and "Shadowmaker" suck, but "Resilient" is on the right direction. If the next album will be more metal, less rock n roll, I'm sure it will be good one again.
    ----
    My vision is augmented
    12.06.2016 - 12:21
    ManiacBlasphemer
    Black Knight
    Written by Joppe on 12.06.2016 at 11:20

I think most people agree about those drums are fake and sound terrible, but even so, some of the songs from Victory and Brotherhood are pretty good and I cannot say that RW sucks there yet. "Rogues" and "Shadowmaker" suck, but "Resilient" is on the right direction. If the next album will be more metal, less rock n roll, I'm sure it will be good one again.

1-2 good songs doesn't make a good album. Resilient sucks too. The only good track was Bloody Island which was a rip off of Treasure Island.

Hits total: 2738 | This month: 5