Metal Storm logo
Earthside - A Dream in Static (Best Album of 2010s?)

22.06.2016 - 06:06
WayTooManyCDs

I found Earthside through bandcamp and, wow, I am blown away. I've been listening to A Dream in Static for weeks and I'm genuinely starting to think it is the best metal album released in the 2010s. I'm baffled how the band hasn't been added to the site yet, especially considering the guest appearances from Sevendust, Soilwork, among others. Perhaps the guest appearances keep them from being taken seriously as a group but how can anyone deny how great this band is?

I usually hate djent. The first djent song I heard was awesome...then I realized every other djent song sounded essentially the same to the point where I can't even tell most of the bands apart. Earthside, however, is a massive exception for me. When they do djent it is actually interesting, they spice it up with a lot of variety, and some of the catchiest choruses I've ever heard. This is that one magical moment of every era where all of the modern elements available at the time come together into one perfect package. This is seriously "The Dark Side of the Moon" of our time and barely anyone seems to be talking about it.

I'm not even kidding, can anyone name an album released since 2010 that is better than this one? I'm not sure it's possible but I'd love to check out some contenders.