Reviewer:

16 users:
Band: Crowhurst
Album: The Mountain Of The Cannibal Goddess
Release date: January 2016

01. The 50 Foot Cannibal Goddess
02. Flesh Eaters Of The SS

This is not music.

This literally does not belong to the genre of extant thing that we humans call "music." You think I'm kidding? You think this is a game? You think I'm only saying that because somebody, somehow, found a way to make an album of containing less musical merit than all the other awful, awful albums I've reviewed - Surachai, Six Feet Under, Liturgy, Six Feet Under, Manowar, Six Feet Under - and I'm simply not sure how to process this stunning occurrence? No, friends, I say that because The Mountain Of The Cannibal Goddess literally does not constitute music in any format recognizable by humans.

People like to describe bands such as AC/DC or Motörhead with that same, tired punchline: "Oh, if you've heard one song then you've heard them all, ha ha, lol!" Shut up. To hear the very first second of The Mountain Of The Cannibal Goddess is to not only destroy your ears and your headphones in one fell swoop, but to hear the entire 19-minute running time of this EP at once. These two tracks are nothing but a consistent, unbroken, unsolicited shower of angry, crackly, abrasive noise. Not even the good kind of harsh noise, either. I listen to Boris and Merzbow, I have willingly sat through Whitehouse on repeated occasions, and I bought a Nurse With Wound album once. I've spent more money on Stalaggh, Gulaggh, and Anal Cunt than any human reasonably should. Just today I got another Melt-Banana live album in the mail. Jute Gyte, Abruptum, Aderlating, whatever. Bring it.

What I mean to hammer into your head by pointlessly explaining my pedigree is that I can take the noise. I can take nothingness and monotony and painful amplifier discharge. But THIS? This is less than nothing. The Mountain Of The Cannibal Goddess has no change in structure, no attempts at evolution, not even any substantive difference between the two tracks. There do not need to be two separate tracks on this EP. They are both exactly the same.

Well? I suppose that's not entirely true.

Around minute seven of "Flesh Eaters Of The SS," the noise monster changes to a slightly higher pitch and a distinct whirring noise cuts in for about a minute before vanishing again, leaving the steady monotone of rattling feedback untouched for the remainder of the EP. If the preceding sentence seems like the dumbest thing you've ever read in an album review, you and I are in agreement, friend.

I almost had a complete existential crisis while I was listening to this EP. If a recorded work contains nothing but blasting feedback, how do you rate it on a scale intended for music? This isn't even drone or ambient or noise music at this point. This EP isn't music and clearly was never even intended to be - and hey, sometimes I think I could use a wall of flat, endless, harsh noise to calm my nerves, so I'm not about to say that this kind of aural project is completely devoid of conceivable applications.

What I am saying is that this isn't music at all in any way, shape, or form. This EP does not need to exist and I cannot justify assigning artistic value to it.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 2
Songwriting: 2
Originality: 2
Production: 2

Written on 29.06.2016 by I'm the reviewer, and that means my opinion is correct.

Comments

Comments: 38   Visited by: 298 users
29.06.2016 - 12:24
Korah

Jajaja, after reading your review I was very curious, so I decided to took the devil by the horns! And so...ok this is not music. When you bagan saiying that, this is not a joke!
I came, I eard, I died. This is literally noise.

For the curious like me : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3kqKaW78gA
----
Don't cry for my English
29.06.2016 - 13:20
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Why 2? there is literally nothing here that is worth a point. Maybe except the cover art.
----
29.06.2016 - 13:22
UnknownCheese

It sounds like someone recorded white noise off of a TV. Total horseshit. And they ganked part of the album cover from the cover of the Inferno film soundtrack.
29.06.2016 - 15:33
Overrwatcher

Wow, the EP was so bad that you couldn't even make any jokes off of it. It's just... why?
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
29.06.2016 - 18:01
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Wow! A 2 from one of THE most generous reviewers I've seen around here. Must be really something special then. Shame that the cover art is good though.
29.06.2016 - 19:16
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Well, as a somebody who's a huge fan of drone, harsh noise, dark ambient, all that shit, I just find it necessary to say a few things

A. Of course harsh noise is music. It's just a highly discordant, unmelodic, unharmonious form of music. And let's not get pedantic about it (you know who you are) with dictionary definitions about how music is "vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion." Surely we can agree that in the past half a century of musical development our understanding of what music is and can be has expanded a bit beyond that.
B. I agree with you, for a noise album, this one sits on the pretty shitty end of the spectrum. There is definitely some good noise out there, but goddamn, this album just sounds as if someone was recording the inside of their washing machine while doing a load of laundry.
C. I really hope this negative review and listening to this album doesn't make people think that ALL noise and drone music is shit. That's far from the case. So just as a Public Service Announcement to all who might be reading, if you're simply disgusted by this album but are still open to investigating some GOOD noise/drone music, try Merzbow, as SSUS mentioned, or maybe some Godspeed You! Black Emperor
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
29.06.2016 - 20:28
jaygambit

Hello everyone! Jay of Crowhurst here - I just wanted to clear up some stuff!

First off, thanks for checking out the record! I don't know how out of 76 albums you decided on MOTCG - definitely a strange choice!

That album is definitely an odd one in the discography as it's the only real "wall noise" album I'd ever done. The subgenre of noise called "harsh noise wall" involves blocks of solid, near unchanging feedback. Artists like The Cherry Point, The Rita and Vomir amongst lots of others work on these slabs of tonal concrete and the label Troniks was wildly influential in helping to bring that sound to light in the 2000's.

While I mostly operate within the realm of blackened drone and textured industrial stuff, I wanted to do a record that was a throwback to that meditative Troniks sound. I totally understand (and did when making the record) that for the most people this equates to leaving a TV on with static running, but people who dig HNW seemed to dig it.

I hope you'd check out other releases like the self titled record, which is a straightforward black metal record - or if you want a better example of the type of noise compositions that the project usually does our record No Life To Live was just remastered by Steve Austin of Today Is The Day.
29.06.2016 - 20:59
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by jaygambit on 29.06.2016 at 20:28

While I mostly operate within the realm of blackened drone...

Please do point me to some blackened drone stuff that you've done, as I really do enjoy the fusion of those two sounds
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
29.06.2016 - 22:10
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
It's terrible (sorry jaygambit) but it's still music. There's really no precedent to say that just because it lacks any notable tonal variation, like, say, a Merzbow record, that it's any less "musical." If someone sets out to put this on record then that's what it is. It's just not good music. I don't think anyone is inherently qualified to call something "not music" because someone, somewhere, will receive it that way regardless of how much a person dislikes it (it has 4 likes on Youtube).

If anything its perceived artistic-less value is perhaps more valuable than a lot of stuff with supposed "artistic" merit. Dadaism is a thing after-all. I'd say this has no entertainment value, which isn't really the same as art.
29.06.2016 - 23:08
Rating: 1
ScreamingSteelUS
Editor-in-Chief
Written by Auntie Sahar on 29.06.2016 at 19:16

C. I really hope this negative review and listening to this album doesn't make people think that ALL noise and drone music is shit. That's far from the case. So just as a Public Service Announcement to all who might be reading, if you're simply disgusted by this album but are still open to investigating some GOOD noise/drone music, try Merzbow, as SSUS mentioned, or maybe some Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Believe it or not, the first music my girlfriend ever showed me was Merzbow's Pulse Demon. There's definitely good noise out there, including other Crowhurst material.

Speaking of drone, the other day I rediscovered that article you wrote about the philosophy of drone. It's good stuff.

First off, thanks for checking out the record! I don't know how out of 76 albums you decided on MOTCG - definitely a strange choice!

That album is definitely an odd one in the discography as it's the only real "wall noise" album I'd ever done. The subgenre of noise called "harsh noise wall" involves blocks of solid, near unchanging feedback. Artists like The Cherry Point, The Rita and Vomir amongst lots of others work on these slabs of tonal concrete and the label Troniks was wildly influential in helping to bring that sound to light in the 2000's.

While I mostly operate within the realm of blackened drone and textured industrial stuff, I wanted to do a record that was a throwback to that meditative Troniks sound. I totally understand (and did when making the record) that for the most people this equates to leaving a TV on with static running, but people who dig HNW seemed to dig it.

I hope you'd check out other releases like the self titled record, which is a straightforward black metal record - or if you want a better example of the type of noise compositions that the project usually does our record No Life To Live was just remastered by Steve Austin of Today Is The Day.

I chose this EP because it was among your most recent releases, so it was largely coincidence that I settled on this one in particular. I found the noise quite impenetrable, as I suppose you can tell, but I've heard the self-titled album before and really liked it. In fact, I came back to it in the same breath as The Mountain of the Cannibal Goddess and am working on a review that should be much more positive. I'm also working on one for Isolator, which I enjoyed a lot more. You've also piqued my interest in the other artists you mentioned.
Written by Guest on 29.06.2016 at 22:10

It's terrible (sorry jaygambit) but it's still music. There's really no precedent to say that just because it lacks any notable tonal variation, like, say, a Merzbow record, that it's any less "musical." If someone sets out to put this on record then that's what it is. It's just not good music. I don't think anyone is inherently qualified to call something "not music" because someone, somewhere, will receive it that way regardless of how much a person dislikes it (it has 4 likes on Youtube).

If anything its perceived artistic-less value is perhaps more valuable than a lot of stuff with supposed "artistic" merit. Dadaism is a thing after-all. I'd say this has no entertainment value, which isn't really the same as art.

I recognize that we're all going to be at loggerheads here, but I stand by my assertion. I think there's a point at which noise, ambient, drone, maybe pure industrial stuff, cross over into a realm other than music. You might call it noise-based art or something equally silly, but I don't believe that the audio format necessitates something being considered music. I have no desire to attempt to define "music" or set boundaries or determine where that point lies, especially because Che and Jay have a much deeper knowledge of this whole form and I'd get my ass handed to me summarily. I wouldn't say that a recording like this objectively has no artistic merit, only that I personally assign none to it because this does not adhere to the vague schema of whatever I find valuable in art.

You see the quandary I referred to in the review begin to manifest itself again. Somebody, somewhere likely looks at this work and considers it music, but that does not necessarily mean that I have to or that I accept that person's judgment as correct, any more than you have to accept my judgment of this as not being music as correct.

There are definitely albums that I enjoy less, that I hate more, that I find more offensive or annoying - I mean, just look at the first few artists I referenced in the review. I'd probably never listen to this EP again, but what the low, low rating and the rather harsh review say are not so much that I think this is bad music, it' s just - as I said - that I don't really consider it music at all, and to judge a work like this on a musical scale necessitates an extremely low rating.

Noise can be music, and it can be good, and I can like it. In this case, I don't like it, I don't think it's good, and I don't consider it music. Something like Isolator, though, which is very similar, I do like and I do consider music. I can't hide from the fact that I'm being incredibly doctrinaire about this, to which I can't present a defence, other than my previous statements.
----
"Earth is small and I hate it" - Lum Invader

I'm the Agent of Steel.
29.06.2016 - 23:25
jaygambit

Written by ScreamingSteelUS on 29.06.2016 at 23:08

Written by Auntie Sahar on 29.06.2016 at 19:16

Believe it or not, the first music my girlfriend ever showed me was Merzbow's Pulse Demon. There's definitely good noise out there, including other Crowhurst material.

Speaking of drone, the other day I rediscovered that article you wrote about the philosophy of drone. It's good stuff.

I chose this EP because it was among your most recent releases, so it was largely coincidence that I settled on this one in particular. I found the noise quite impenetrable, as I suppose you can tell, but I've heard the self-titled album before and really liked it. In fact, I came back to it in the same breath as The Mountain of the Cannibal Goddess and am working on a review that should be much more positive. I'm also working on one for Isolator, which I enjoyed a lot more. You've also piqued my interest in the other artists you mentioned.
Written by Guest on 29.06.2016 at 22:10

I recognize that we're all going to be at loggerheads here, but I stand by my assertion. I think there's a point at which noise, ambient, drone, maybe pure industrial stuff, cross over into a realm other than music. You might call it noise-based art or something equally silly, but I don't believe that the audio format necessitates something being considered music. I have no desire to attempt to define "music" or set boundaries or determine where that point lies, especially because Che and Jay have a much deeper knowledge of this whole form and I'd get my ass handed to me summarily. I wouldn't say that a recording like this objectively has no artistic merit, only that I personally assign none to it because this does not adhere to the vague schema of whatever I find valuable in art.

You see the quandary I referred to in the review begin to manifest itself again. Somebody, somewhere likely looks at this work and considers it music, but that does not necessarily mean that I have to or that I accept that person's judgment as correct, any more than you have to accept my judgment of this as not being music as correct.

There are definitely albums that I enjoy less, that I hate more, that I find more offensive or annoying - I mean, just look at the first few artists I referenced in the review. I'd probably never listen to this EP again, but what the low, low rating and the rather harsh review say are not so much that I think this is bad music, it' s just - as I said - that I don't really consider it music at all, and to judge a work like this on a musical scale necessitates an extremely low rating.

Noise can be music, and it can be good, and I can like it. In this case, I don't like it, I don't think it's good, and I don't consider it music. Something like Isolator, though, which is very similar, I do like and I do consider music. I can't hide from the fact that I'm being incredibly doctrinaire about this, to which I can't present a defence, other than my previous statements.

Thank you a ton for even checking out the material - and especially for the kind words. I don't disagree with you in the slightest about any of that stuff. When it comes to noise, HNW is designed to be the least musical of any of the subgenres of noise so it *isn't* music. It's something a lot of my friends listen to with headphones on to relax, kind of like that scene in Big Lebowski where The Dude is listening to the sounds of a bowling alley.

I totally understand it's a record that fits a very niche market, and even to that market this tape sits unevenly to some as it's not nearly as long as most wall releases. It was a challenge for me to make but fun nonetheless. I much more prefer working with large varied soundscapes, but I love exploring various subgenres and HNW is one of them.

Written by Auntie Sahar on 29.06.2016 at 20:59

While I mostly operate within the realm of blackened drone...

Please do point me to some blackened drone stuff that you've done, as I really do enjoy the fusion of those two sounds

I released a compilation of stuff called Collected Droneworks 2011-2016 and that's our most recent release! It's a good summary of about 75 percent of what I do in about 2 hours.
30.06.2016 - 00:28
Daniell
_爱情_

You spent more time writing this post than "composing" this shit.
30.06.2016 - 00:37
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I checked the EP. Couldn't take it for more than a couple of minutes then I picked randomly three other albums and enjoyed them all. Haha! "Give In" is pretty good.
Glad I didn't completely give up on these guys, specially considering the pedigree involved (for those who have not, check out the related acts, you may be surprised).
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
30.06.2016 - 00:41
ScreamingSteelUS
Editor-in-Chief
Written by jaygambit on 29.06.2016 at 23:25

Thank you a ton for even checking out the material - and especially for the kind words. I don't disagree with you in the slightest about any of that stuff. When it comes to noise, HNW is designed to be the least musical of any of the subgenres of noise so it *isn't* music. It's something a lot of my friends listen to with headphones on to relax, kind of like that scene in Big Lebowski where The Dude is listening to the sounds of a bowling alley.

I totally understand it's a record that fits a very niche market, and even to that market this tape sits unevenly to some as it's not nearly as long as most wall releases. It was a challenge for me to make but fun nonetheless. I much more prefer working with large varied soundscapes, but I love exploring various subgenres and HNW is one of them.

Thank you for being so cool about this. I recognize that I was probably unnecessarily harsh, so I appreciate you not tearing me a new one. On top of that, you've now given me some more acts to listen to.
Written by Daniell on 30.06.2016 at 00:28

Things

Now, that's uncalled for.

...I say after having posted this review.
----

I'm the Agent of Steel.
30.06.2016 - 01:27
jaygambit

Written by ScreamingSteelUS on 30.06.2016 at 00:41

Written by jaygambit on 29.06.2016 at 23:25

Thank you for being so cool about this. I recognize that I was probably unnecessarily harsh, so I appreciate you not tearing me a new one. On top of that, you've now given me some more acts to listen to.
Written by Daniell on 30.06.2016 at 00:28

Things

Of course! Your critique was totally fair, and your argument rational. HNW is something not many people enjoy, and I didn't expect anyone to except for the people who are really seven layers deep into harsh noise. It's not like you straight up insulted me by saying that it took no effort to make the record itself... hah!
30.06.2016 - 01:27
jaygambit

Written by X-Ray Rod on 30.06.2016 at 00:37

I checked the EP. Couldn't take it for more than a couple of minutes then I picked randomly three other albums and enjoyed them all. Haha! "Give In" is pretty good.
Glad I didn't completely give up on these guys, specially considering the pedigree involved (for those who have not, check out the related acts, you may be surprised).

Thank you!!!
30.06.2016 - 15:14
Overrwatcher

I'm glad to see good back-and-forth constructive feedback and civil discussion from both sides. Noise is completely not my thing (and neither is black metal to a lesser extent) so I can't contribute much here, but thank you, Jay Gambit, for taking such extreme criticism with grace.
----

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
30.06.2016 - 16:15
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by ScreamingSteelUS on 30.06.2016 at 00:41

If the artist joins the discussion, he must be ready for some criticism. Either in a more educated form (your review), or in an insensitive, terse form (my single sentence). 2/10 sounds like a more polite way to say "shit" anyway
30.06.2016 - 17:07
OBR420

This is better music than most shit that comes out today. And Six Feet Under is gnarly, if you don't like Chris Barnes, you're a pussy.

Also, you aren't more metal than anybody. You write review's on the fucking internet.
30.06.2016 - 17:56
Overrwatcher

Written by OBR420 on 30.06.2016 at 17:07

This is better music than most shit that comes out today. And Six Feet Under is gnarly, if you don't like Chris Barnes, you're a pussy.

Also, you aren't more metal than anybody. You write review's on the fucking internet.

I don't know, there wouldn't be a song named "Chris Barnes Is A Pussy" if he weren't a pussy.
----

30.06.2016 - 18:19
jaygambit

Written by Overrwatcher on 30.06.2016 at 15:14

I'm glad to see good back-and-forth constructive feedback and civil discussion from both sides. Noise is completely not my thing (and neither is black metal to a lesser extent) so I can't contribute much here, but thank you, Jay Gambit, for taking such extreme criticism with grace.

It's not that extreme! The worst that has been said here is that it took no effort to make this, and if I had a nickel for every time I heard that as a drone/noise musician I would have a shitload of nickels. Like ScreamingSteel said - it's one big slab of noise that barely moves. If you're reviewing it as a wall noise album, you'll probably get a very different score than if you're reviewing it as music -- because even for noise this is one of the least musical subgenres to work within.
30.06.2016 - 19:23
ScreamingSteelUS
Editor-in-Chief
Written by Overrwatcher on 30.06.2016 at 17:56

Written by OBR420 on 30.06.2016 at 17:07

I don't know, there wouldn't be a song named "Chris Barnes Is A Pussy" if he weren't a pussy.

^ What she said. Also, my only qualification for writing reviews is that I have written other reviews previously, so I'm not pretending to be any more of an authority on the subject of metal than anybody else here. I don't write reviews because I'm more metal than anybody else, or because I think it makes me more metal; I write reviews because I love to write reviews, and the fact that I can get them published in a public forum like Metal Storm is pretty darn cool. Everyone else is welcome to write their own to contradict me. Frankly, I think Six Feet Under is about due for a positive review, given the number of negative ones they've accumulated (and not just from me).
----

I'm the Agent of Steel.
01.07.2016 - 02:28
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Written by jaygambit on 30.06.2016 at 18:19

It's not that extreme! The worst that has been said here is that it took no effort to make this, and if I had a nickel for every time I heard that as a drone/noise musician I would have a shitload of nickels. Like ScreamingSteel said - it's one big slab of noise that barely moves. If you're reviewing it as a wall noise album, you'll probably get a very different score than if you're reviewing it as music -- because even for noise this is one of the least musical subgenres to work within.

It is very difficult to listen to a wall of noise album with any criticism, because it's very hard to set noise apart from other noise. What makes a wall of noise album better than another wall of noise album, what makes a wall of noise album good? I understand why someone would listen to wall of noise, the same way someone would listen to white noise or just silence.

It's easy to say that there's no effort in making this, but that's what people usually say with electronic music, they say that all you have to do is push some buttons. As someone who also makes drone/noise, I know that you can work from a day to a couple of months on a single release and for someone outside the noise listening circles, they may not see the difference. So would you care to explain how exactly does one make a wall of noise album and how much effort does it actually take to make one?
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
02.07.2016 - 00:14
jaygambit

Written by RaduP on 01.07.2016 at 02:28

Written by jaygambit on 30.06.2016 at 18:19

It is very difficult to listen to a wall of noise album with any criticism, because it's very hard to set noise apart from other noise. What makes a wall of noise album better than another wall of noise album, what makes a wall of noise album good? I understand why someone would listen to wall of noise, the same way someone would listen to white noise or just silence.

It's easy to say that there's no effort in making this, but that's what people usually say with electronic music, they say that all you have to do is push some buttons. As someone who also makes drone/noise, I know that you can work from a day to a couple of months on a single release and for someone outside the noise listening circles, they may not see the difference. So would you care to explain how exactly does one make a wall of noise album and how much effort does it actually take to make one?

I know people who have modular synths cost six months rent and some people with $100 setups who make wall noise. It's really all about textures. My project isn't a wall project, so I used the material that I usually use to create drone - a pedalboard including a Fender Blender and Boss PS2 Delay/Pitchshift as well as a number of other reverb, delay and distortion units attached to a Korg MS-20 and a King Capitol Punishment Sleepdrone 5 and a tape of field recordings. It took about 28-30 hours to create MOTCG from end to end, which factors in performing, rendering, timestretching, re-mixing, rendering, mixing and mastering.
02.07.2016 - 04:15
Quetzalli

This sounds like the kind of thing I'd take back to the store, like, "my copy is defective".
----
"I want to see the old gods rule again..."
02.07.2016 - 21:47
Rating: 10
NOVELLETTO

This is Harsh Noise Wall from the highest quality.
When Extreme Metal turned into a bunch of piercinged "beautiful" guys, Harsh keep you into the lowest circles of hell.
Insane music to segregate men from "metal" boys.
05.07.2016 - 10:19
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by NOVELLETTO on 02.07.2016 at 21:47

This is Harsh Noise Wall from the highest quality.
When Extreme Metal turned into a bunch of piercinged "beautiful" guys, Harsh keep you into the lowest circles of hell.
Insane music to segregate men from "metal" boys.

Can you get even more stuck-up please? You don't sound ridiculous enough yet.
05.07.2016 - 18:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I agree this is not a music, things I never will get why people ever pay to buy noise albums?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.07.2016 - 20:01
3rdWorld
China was a neat

That was a really nice and civilized reply to such a harsh review of a really harsh wall of noise album. I checked out the record and I skipped through the album. Would've listened to about 5 seconds of it. I am not gonna say anything else now but that the cover art is really good.

You've definitely piqued my interest to check out your rest of the albums (or shall we say the "real" albums) though. So thanks again for keeping your cool which is so rare these days.
06.07.2016 - 22:56
jaygambit

Written by 3rdWorld on 05.07.2016 at 20:01

That was a really nice and civilized reply to such a harsh review of a really harsh wall of noise album. I checked out the record and I skipped through the album. Would've listened to about 5 seconds of it. I am not gonna say anything else now but that the cover art is really good.

You've definitely piqued my interest to check out your rest of the albums (or shall we say the "real" albums) though. So thanks again for keeping your cool which is so rare these days.

Thank you!

I don't even think the review is harsh! If you're rating it as music, a 2 is generous as it's wall noise and the goal of the subgenre is to be as non-musical and unchanging as possible. This is the only real wall noise record I've ever done, with "Girl 27" being somewhat close -- it's something I find myself to be pretty bad at as I'm a drone/ambient musician at heart and always want to add lots of little subtle movements to things. Making MOTCG was an exercise in working on this type of material and is hardly reflective of the styles that I usually work in. I hope you enjoy the other stuff you hear and thank you for the kind words about the art!

Hits total: 6610 | This month: 27