Metal Storm logo
AC/DC - Bassist Retiring After Tour

AC/DC are losing yet another member. After founding guitarist Malcolm Young left in 2014 following a dementia diagnosis, drummer Phil Rudd split due to some legal difficulties and singer Brian Johnson had to step aside this year because of a battle with hearing loss, longtime bassist Cliff Williams has now announced that he's retiring.

Speaking to Gulfshore Life for a feature about rockers who live in Southwest Florida, Williams, who joined the band in 1978, said, "It's been what I've known for the past 40 years, but after this tour I'm backing off of touring and recording," he said. "Losing Malcolm, the thing with Phil and now with Brian, it's a changed animal. I feel in my gut it's the right thing."

Cliff Williams' decision comes just after the band played a string of European dates with Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose filling in for Johnson on the band's Rock or Bust Tour. In August and September, AC/DC will perform in the U.S.

Source: theguardian.com
Band profile: AC/DC
Posted: 09.07.2016 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 115 users
09.07.2016 - 13:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I think its end of Ac/Dc even they goes, it wont be same ,,, it is not now even whit wuss vocalist
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.07.2016 - 18:15
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Bad English on 09.07.2016 at 13:32

I think its end of Ac/Dc even they goes, it wont be same ,,, it is not now even whit wuss vocalist

Brian can come back with the new hearing machine, still it would be a cover band with only Angus & Brian w/ some new guys. The band has been around long enough anyways IMO
----
My vision is augmented
09.07.2016 - 19:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Joppe on 09.07.2016 at 18:15

Brian can come back with the new hearing machine, still it would be a cover band with only Angus & Brian w/ some new guys. The band has been around long enough anyways IMO

band died when Malcolm left because if illness... Angus MacKinnon and Malcolm is true band memers. Brian, Cliff, Rudd was to but what left? even some say band died when Bon died
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.07.2016 - 19:41
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Bad English on 09.07.2016 at 19:03

Written by Joppe on 09.07.2016 at 18:15

band died when Malcolm left because if illness... Angus MacKinnon and Malcolm is true band memers. Brian, Cliff, Rudd was to but what left? even some say band died when Bon died

Similar like Thin Lizzy are now, like a cover band but still they continue. AC/DC can do it too, question is how many will be interested about it? Not me
----
My vision is augmented
09.07.2016 - 20:01
mikeprado30

IMHO they would call it quits now as they can and don't piss anymore the band's legacy.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
11.07.2016 - 06:13
wil

Well , it seems after tour will be the time for ... err ... for Mark Evans ' return ...

Hits total: 2517 | This month: 4