Metal Storm logo
Sabaton - Second New Single Released

A new Sabaton track? Yes, please! The power metallers just released a new song today, the second single taken from their new opus, The Last Stand (out August 19th via Nuclear Blast). After "The Lost Battalion", "Blood Of Bannockburn" is the name of the new single. You can expect to hear a Hammond organ and Bagpipes. Enjoy it now here.

The story behind the lyrics: 1314, nine years after the execution of William Wallace, the Scottish laid siege upon Stirling Castle and an agreement was made that if it had not been relieved by mid-summer the English would surrender the castle to the Scottish. The English could of course not ignore that challenge, and sent a formidable force north towards Stirling to break the siege and relieve the troops inside. In the end Robert the Bruce and the Scottish defeated the English under Edward II's command with a force half the size and not nearly as well equipped of what the English had at their disposal.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Sabaton
Posted: 15.07.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 123 users
15.07.2016 - 22:59
cossaisVendeurs
Meh.
15.07.2016 - 23:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What a song what describes todays events between scots and English people.... another one
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.07.2016 - 23:48
Jamuflaknu
Somehow I have the feeling that Sabaton was not even trying to make this song really good. I find it especially weak compared to Braveheart from Civil War since they both have the same theme, but the one from Civil War has a lot more balls.
16.07.2016 - 09:08
majormalfunction
Sabaton basically writes the same lyrics in all their songs, they just throw in some words that are related to the "story" (in this case Bruce, Scottish, Pipes, Wallace, Bannockburn) and there you go. It feels extremely cheap.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
16.07.2016 - 12:16
Andreas
Generic in every way. I love it!
16.07.2016 - 21:52
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Both so far released songs are awful, but I absolutely love the background song that plays since 2:50
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

17.07.2016 - 09:33
GT
Coffee!!
staff
Totally boring.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
21.08.2016 - 17:06
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
So it turns out, this is probably best song on the album - along with The Last Stand...the disappointment is strong with this one:(
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

Hits total: 2036 | This month: 4