01. Rot
02. Cyklik Torture
03. Control And Abuse
04. Colliding In Ashes
05. Words As Weapons
06. Here Is Punishment
07. Gates To The Outside
08. Blood Libels

Raw Black Metal needs to have a shitty production! Wrong you creepy troll, Antaeus enters and shows incredible sound quality and they still sound insanely raw and sickening. True Black Metal comes From Norway! You're wrong again, Antaeus could kick any Norweigan band's ass any day, they have three times their strength and 5 times their skills. People can keep on writing ambiguous affirmations and I'll be able to shut their mouths with this album in my dirty hands...

These French occult followers play Raw Black Metal with their own "sauce"; they have a very original and interesting style indeed, they of course use a lot of blast-beats and a lot of whatever shit else, but they are smart enough to create battering structures and grotesque songwriting that will make this album a memorable and surprising listen. I'm sure many of you already know about Antaeus (they've been around since 1994), but for the ones who have been living in a cave for the past few years, and all of a sudden decided to came out and listen to Black Metal...this seriously needs to be your first purchase.

"Blood Libels" is a shocking experience from the begining to the very end; each track creates a very intense vibe disallowing monotony or tediousness instantly. When two continuous tracks become a little similar in brutality ("Cyklic Torture"-"Control And Abuse") a more settling track enters and opens the door for a mid-paced song with incredibly depressing atmospheres ("Colliding In Ashes"-"Word As Weapons") and the whole damn album works in the same line actually.

It becomes a very disturbing yet exciting experience in the end, and just wait to see the layout which is really fucking disturbing. This is a full package with incredible treats for the Extreme Blackers out there, everything from the booklet and lyrics to the music and execution is totally fucking inhuman.

Best Tracks: "Word As Weapons", "Blood Libels", "Colliding In Ashes"

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 8
Production: 8

Written by Herzebeth | 16.03.2007

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 75 users
29.03.2007 - 14:38
Linak
I Own You Bitch
ho shit I really missed reading your reviews
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
01.04.2007 - 15:57
VooDooGC
Account deleted
i will put to this album overall 8.6 i wll be putting for their older 9 that because i cant put this 9
18.05.2007 - 00:54
hottercraft

Yeah!! This album fuckin rules!!
The most insane Black Metal album I've ever heard!!
I'm not a big Black Metal fan but this album is incredible!
31.07.2007 - 18:48
BlackGoTH
Account deleted
I appreciated the album from the first listen. I really missed raw black metal and was satisfied with thsi album. But i should remeber that thsi groupe have a previous two album that are as great as agressive and raw as this album and i mean here Cut Your Flesh And Worship Satan and De principii Evangelikum.
21.05.2008 - 00:41
Rating: 9
TheBigRossowski

This album is legend! Great place for the band to "take a break". All time favorite track is "Colliding in Ashes"
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
15.11.2008 - 01:23
Rating: 7
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Any norwegian black metal band, any day? ehhhhhhhhh i disagree with you on that one.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
08.01.2009 - 17:46
FOOCK Nam

Raw but still able goes with good production. Anaal Natharkh have done it. Anteus is new discover for me about good raw production.
08.01.2009 - 18:06
Rating: 7
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Seems like a really good band. I'm listening to their myspace now and it sounds raw but with good production so you can still appreciate the music.... And the cover art kick ass btw... Both versions actually.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
09.10.2016 - 09:30
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Herzebeth was really one of the coolest and best reviewers. Sad thing he got kicked out. Good album and nice review.

Hits total: 6015 | This month: 7