Metal Storm logo
Heaven Shall Burn - Releasing New Record, Share New Track

Heaven Shall Burn just revealed that they will be releasing their eighth studio album, Wanderer, this September 19th via Century Media. For the artwork, the Germans sent their friend and photographer Christian Thiele on a quest and asked him to capture the beauty of mountains, plains and shorelines. Once again, the album was produced by guitarist Alexander Dietz and co-produced by guitarist Maik Weichert. While the drums were tracked by Eike Freese at Chameleon Studios in Hamburg, the rest of the album was recorded at Dietz's own Chemical Burn Studios in Bad Kösen. Tue Madsen mixed and mastered Wanderer at Chemical Burn Studios as well as at his Antfarm Studios in Aarhus, Denmark. Check out the first abrasive track "Downshifter" right here.

The band opens the visually stunning booklet for their new studio album, Wanderer, with a quote which sums up the overall idea of the album: During confusing and troubled times you occasionally need to retreat from all the madness that surrounds you. This allows you to gain new perspective, energy and focus, so that you can attack change with a refreshed and strengthened mindset. Modern life has become so complex that sometimes choosing simplicity and solitude can give you the strength to conquer the chaos around and within you.

Quote: "He seeks distance to change his perspective
In freedom and seclusion he arranges his thoughts
Strength and power he regains in nature's shielding bosom
In vivid silence and familiar remoteness he can listen to his heart
Yet he experienced that from no wayfare you return the same
He knows that nothing will change until you change yourself
And therefore every revolutionary is a wanderer.
"

Tracks:

01. The Loss Of Fury
02. Bring The War Home
03. Passage Of The Crane
04. They Shall Not Pass
05. Downshifter
06. Prey To God
07. Agent Orange (not available on the standard jewel-case and standard digital album)
08. My Heart Is My Compass
09. Save Me
10. Corium
11. Extermination Order
12. A River Of Crimson
13. The Cry Of Mankind

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Heaven Shall Burn
Posted: 20.07.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 83 users
20.07.2016 - 12:59
Coconut Racecar

Holy shit that album cover is beautiful.
20.07.2016 - 13:24
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
Nah, nz one is doing a better pictures.
20.07.2016 - 18:41
Paradoxical

Best thing I have heard in a while!
20.07.2016 - 19:59
s_t_s

Guess I have a problem with Heaven Shall Burn : the intro in the video above truly rocks but then the song melts into chaos... I just cannot spot any melody here, just a bunch of sequences put together. The only album I have from the band is "Iconoclast the Final Resistance" and I still believe it's better composed than this. Anyway, my opinion, care about it or not
20.07.2016 - 21:03
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by s_t_s on 20.07.2016 at 19:59

The only album I have from the band is "Iconoclast the Final Resistance".

I lost hope since "Antigone".

Every record they produce was just a pile of rehashed shit they recorded over and over again. That's the fucking problem. Never ever enjoyed HSB for a sake of good and dynamic music.

As i said, "Antigone" was the last disc I went from head to toe and had fun with great songs filled in. It was a very good record.

May be i won't be missing "too much good moments" there but if it is, i don't feel bad about it.
21.07.2016 - 03:30
UPDIRNS

I like this song, not their best, but very solid. HSB is not for everyone and they can get a little redundant, but at least its badass redundancy and not shit. I find differences in all their albums, but I love the band, they are one of my favorites for sure so I have listened to all their albums start to finish 10-20 times. I can pick away the subtly which does exist if you want to hear it. If you don't I agree it's easy to hear the same old shit and be bored. Their is a lot of melody in a lot of their music though. This song has some, but not as much as others like Counterweight, Voice of the Voiceless, Land of the Upright Ones, Forlorn Skies and The Only Truth.

They are on my bucket list to see live. Unfortunately they don't come to the US much.
21.07.2016 - 05:21
Overrwatcher

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 20.07.2016 at 21:03

Written by s_t_s on 20.07.2016 at 19:59

The only album I have from the band is "Iconoclast the Final Resistance".

I lost hope since "Antigone".

Every record they produce was just a pile of rehashed shit they recorded over and over again. That's the fucking problem. Never ever enjoyed HSB for a sake of good and dynamic music.

As i said, "Antigone" was the last disc I went from head to toe and had fun with great songs filled in. It was a very good record.

May be i won't be missing "too much good moments" there but if it is, i don't feel bad about it.

I really enjoyed VETO more than their other releases. It was a lot more melodic and melodeath-influenced than the previous albums, and IMO was the best album they've ever put out. I still listen to the cover of Blind Guardian's "Valhalla" daily.

I do agree they can be a little too same-ey though, which is why I often end up not really listening to a whole lot of their stuff.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
21.07.2016 - 19:51
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I'm quite the fan of these dudes, so bring it on.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.

Hits total: 2024 | This month: 2