Metal Storm logo
Mono - Announce New Album 'Requiem For Hell'

The Japanese post-rockers Mono have just announced their new album. After the 2014 albums The Last Dawn, Rays Of Darkness and a split with The Ocean last year, their 9th album Requiem For Hell is scheduled to be released worldwide on October 14th, via Temporary Residence Ltd. (North America), Pelagic Records (Europe) and Magniph / Hostess Entertainment (Japan and Asia). Discover the tracklist, cover and a teaser below.

Tracklist:
01. Death In Rebirth
02. Stellar
03. Requiem For Hell
04. Ely's Heartbeat
05. The Last Scene

Requiem For Hell finds Mono returning to longtime friend and collaborator, Steve Albini. After Mono and Albini's band, Shellac, toured Japan together last year, they realized how much they missed the creative dialogue they shared during the making of many of their most memorable albums - beginning with Walking Cloud And Deep Red Sky, Flag Fluttered And The Sun Shined (2004) and culminating with Hymn To The Immortal Wind (2009). The rebirth of the Albini collaboration for Requiem For Hell also coincided with the birth of a close friend's first child, whose actual in utero heartbeat serves as the foundation for the aptly named "Ely's Heartbeat."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Mono
Posted: 20.07.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 16 users
20.07.2016 - 20:28
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Not aware of their works but this sounds like its going to be an interesting release. And also with production by Albini and artwork featuring the works of Gustave Dore? Yeah, I'm defnitely in.
20.07.2016 - 21:41
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
I've moved on from these guys - I am into In Each Hand A Cutlass now
----
rekt
21.07.2016 - 19:50
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Mono remains the best post-rock band for me, with only Sigur Rós making a tie.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.

Hits total: 1816 | This month: 4