Metal Storm logo
In Flames - New Music Snippet, To Tour With Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed

Sweden's In Flames have announced the first tour dates for their upcoming studio release. In January 2017, the band will embark on a tour of major UK arenas together with Avenged Sevenfold and Disturbed in England, Scotland and Wales. Apart from their next DVD Sounds From The Heart Of Gothenburg scheduled for release on September 23rd, the band has premiered an exclusive preview of new music from their forthcoming album. You can hear it over here.

Catch In Flames on the following UK dates early next year:

Regarding their new DVD, the setlist tears through the band's entire history. With 20 tracks, the show that was recorded at Gothenburg's Scandinavium, reaches a length of one and a half hours, and achieves in capturing the band at their very best, celebrating songs such as "Through Oblivion", "With Eyes Wide Open" or "Rusted Nail" to a packed out arena. But of course, old school classics such as "Trigger", "Cloud Connected" or the finisher "Take This Life" are not left out.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: In Flames
Posted: 27.07.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 181 users
27.07.2016 - 15:06
zikon

Lel
----
"The poetry of the earth is never dead" John Keats
27.07.2016 - 15:34
cossaisVendeurs

27.07.2016 - 16:06
Kuroboshi

Who they're touring with says it all.
27.07.2016 - 16:08
Reaper_Redeemer

Written by Kuroboshi on 27.07.2016 at 16:06

+1
I got in just to right this exactly.
27.07.2016 - 16:09
Sword_Chant

Even if that 1-2min snippet was the whole album, it would still be better than Siren Charms.
27.07.2016 - 16:56
Overrwatcher

That snippet wasn't bad. They both sounded sounded like something straight out of Sounds Of A Playground Fading, but slightly more aggressive. That, or a less metalcore A Sense Of Purpose. The first clip sounded great, the second one felt super cheesy but I would have to listen to the whole song to make a judgement. It's already better than anything on Siren Charms.

But really, WTF is that lineup.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
27.07.2016 - 19:23
iMorphball

Shitty lineup, but that music snippet wasn't that bad.
27.07.2016 - 20:29
Opethian

Exactly. Not so much Disturbed. They have always stayed consistent, but Avenged Sevenfold!? ....
28.07.2016 - 04:18
Mattybu

"But of course, old school classics such as "Trigger", "Cloud Connected" or the finisher "Take This Life" are not left out."

So have we just gotten to a point now with In Flames where we're just gonna completely pretend their actual classic old stuff doesn't even exist
28.07.2016 - 10:10
Kuroboshi

Written by Opethian on 27.07.2016 at 20:29

Exactly. Not so much Disturbed. They have always stayed consistent, but Avenged Sevenfold!? ....

Actually, I find some songs by A7X pretty awesome, like Bat Country, Almost Easy, etc., but on the whole they're very bland. Disturbed has some very good songs as well, and I don't dislike them. The problem is that In Flames are very bad at the genre they're trying to imitate currently. Apparently, they don't even identify themselves with the likes of DT and Soilwork (which is where they came from) anymore, and instead focus on being a washed-up bad version of the bands they're touring with... Thus my comment.
28.07.2016 - 10:12
Kuroboshi

Written by Mattybu on 28.07.2016 at 04:18

"But of course, old school classics such as "Trigger", "Cloud Connected" or the finisher "Take This Life" are not left out."

So have we just gotten to a point now with In Flames where we're just gonna completely pretend their actual classic old stuff doesn't even exist

So true... Reading this line, it was anathema for me. Old school? Suck my balls. We... want... Colony...!
28.07.2016 - 10:22
s_t_s

Not expecting much to say the least from IF after Siren Charms... Kinda sad as I used to like this band a lot but even long time members felt it was time to leave... We'll see but no expectations at all.
28.07.2016 - 10:22
cossaisVendeurs

Disturbed as a cover band are quite good. Disturbed as an originals band are crap.
28.07.2016 - 11:35
Necrodamus

First snippet was kind of good actually, sounds like an older In Flames riff. Second snippet was just plain awful.
28.07.2016 - 12:29
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Necrodamus on 28.07.2016 at 11:35

First snippet was kind of good actually, sounds like an older In Flames riff. Second snippet was just plain awful.

My thoughts exactly.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
29.07.2016 - 04:49
IBlackened

Pretty much. I knew someone would say it.
----
Their old stuff is better.
29.07.2016 - 05:22
Mattybu

Written by Kuroboshi on 28.07.2016 at 10:12

Written by Mattybu on 28.07.2016 at 04:18

So true... Reading this line, it was anathema for me. Old school? Suck my balls. We... want... Colony...!

That's why I think In Flames should honestly should have changed their name or something. Everyone wants Colony/Whoracle/Jester Race. People will always parrot the age old music thing of "embrace bands changing and you don't like the new sound cause you're not open minded" etc., but realistically everyone wants the old stuff back for a reason. It seems like In Flames/some others are doing their best to literally try and make people forget about the glory days so why not just call the band something else so people actually can forget and move on as opposed to (rightfully) talking mad shit on everything new In Flames releases. It would be one thing if they changed their style and still at least made something good but it's been mostly a mess for years now.

I mean even if they changed their name there would be lot of people who still rightfully dump on the new We Are The Despondent (or whatever other alt-metal hot topic name they'd think up to fit their new style) albums, but I think a lot of people would move on and accept that throwing your Jester Race CD on again is the only worthwhile option.

I guess that's all just in the hypothetical world of things that would never happen, though. How the mighty have fallen.
12.08.2016 - 23:29
Panterica

Written by Overrwatcher on 27.07.2016 at 16:56

That snippet wasn't bad. They both sounded sounded like something straight out of Sounds Of A Playground Fading, but slightly more aggressive. That, or a less metalcore A Sense Of Purpose. The first clip sounded great, the second one felt super cheesy but I would have to listen to the whole song to make a judgement. It's already better than anything on Siren Charms.

But really, WTF is that lineup.

This is spot on
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/

Hits total: 3580 | This month: 6