Metal Storm logo
Máni-Black metal with some folk elements

30.03.2007 - 10:22
delusionist

So this is a band that I started with my friend. The same band has been playing for a long time, but we never took thing seriously. Now, however, we feel that we want to do something more and so just the two of us went on.

The band is new and we havn't had too much time to practice as we both have loads of other things to do. However we soon have enough material to make a demo, and we tried to record the one song that is done. The recording is not made in a studio, but in an apartment. As both the drummer and singer were no longer a part of the band I stepped up to the mic and my friend to the drums.

There are some mistakes in the song, mainly caused by the drumming as we couldn't find a good way to do it and lack of time. How do you record drums btw?

So this is not the demo version. I'll post it because I know these forums are filled with people who know a lot about this stuff. So tell me, what do you think about it?

http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=65530

Tell me if you have any problems with this site (it's finnish). If you click "kappaleen sanat" you see the lyrics.
01.04.2007 - 23:05
W-Lash
Metal Master
Hmm....Yea, i have been listening to this band for a long time (probably, because it's style is simlar to Windir and Windir likely is my favourite band).
What can i say - it's fucking good.
My favourite album is Sjelefred.
02.04.2007 - 07:04
delusionist

Hm... You must be mixing us up with the other Sigtyr. We found it (the other Sigtyr) a while ago and we changed our name to Máni.

(I changed the topic name)
23.04.2007 - 13:19
W-Lash
Metal Master
Written by delusionist on 02.04.2007 at 07:04

Hm... You must be mixing us up with the other Sigtyr. We found it (the other Sigtyr) a while ago and we changed our name to Máni.

(I changed the topic name)

Oh, so i wondered where was the topic about Sigtyr. Yea, it seems like it really was another band with such name.
21.06.2007 - 10:58
A.J Thunder

Hails!

So now out Máni second song "Tuonelan virrat" on myspace, so you dont have to fuck around with the finnish site mixeri again. This is yet another crappy rehersal but were standing proudly behind it and i think the atmospher and "chaotic" playing makes it great.

http://www.myspace.com/maniband

Check it out, any kind of comments are wery welcome it would just be nice to read your thoughts about us.

-Nocturanal-
06.07.2007 - 10:45
W-Lash
Metal Master
Hey, is there any possibility to get these songs without online listening (i mean downloading)?
06.07.2007 - 17:31
delusionist

You can download them from this location: http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=65530

It's also possible that they can be downloaded from the myspace page: www.myspace.com/maniband
24.10.2007 - 13:35
Fuath

i like very much
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

14.12.2007 - 10:27
A.J Thunder

Mani has been quit silence for a while now, due to the fact Delusionist is in the army and i'll go soon. Hopefully we'll both get out next summer and maybe/hopefully continue then.

If you like our music please spread the word.
30.12.2007 - 11:20
Fuath

Written by A.J Thunder on 14.12.2007 at 10:27

Mani has been quit silence for a while now, due to the fact Delusionist is in the army and i'll go soon. Hopefully we'll both get out next summer and maybe/hopefully continue then.

If you like our music please spread the word.

sure will
take care
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

29.05.2008 - 09:52
BeccaIstKrieg
Account deleted
I actually really love your music even with the lack of time you had to produce it.

If anything I would maybe raise the vocals a bit more when you record however. they get a bit lost throughout certain parts.

Other wise, bravo. Certainly a band I could proudly tell my friends about.

[=