Metal Storm logo
Darkthrone - Debut Brand New Song

Just a few days ago, Darkthrone revealed that their new album would be called Arctic Thunder and showed the album artwork. The Norwegian duo return with their first new studio material since 2013's triumphant The Underground Resistance, the album becoming the band's most successful release in recent years. Darkthrone's new album is due for release on 14th October through Peaceville. But today, there is new material to discover. It's "Tundra Leech".

Arctic Thunder was recorded and produced by the band themselves, with the sessions conducted at Darkthrone's old rehearsal unit, "The Bomb Shelter", which they had originally used during 1988-1990.

With themes based around hate, contempt, and the inner mind and soul, and with the notable presence of Nocturno Culto on vocal duties across all songs for the first time in recent years, the record retains a grim atmosphere throughout the album's 8 tracks, with mastering once again handled by Jack Control at Enormous Door.

Source: peaceville.com
Band profile: Darkthrone
Posted: 18.08.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 177 users
18.08.2016 - 19:17
ANGEL REAPER

Sounds somewhat like FOAD and DTABF songs . Not really sure about Nocturno's voice though.
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
18.08.2016 - 19:32
FYA
Destroyer
Sounds good for me. Can't wait to hear full album.
18.08.2016 - 19:41
Windrider
Raureif
Sound is awesome, especially considering the production process.
18.08.2016 - 20:58
Sang Dalang Abu

18.08.2016 - 23:55
cossaisVendeurs

It's my birthday today and the fact that new Darkthrone and Anaal Nathrakh songs were posted today has just made it muuuuuch better
19.08.2016 - 03:55
Czerny Reiter

Solid track, excellent riffage; 'tad underwhelming but enjoyable all the same.
23.08.2016 - 16:19
necros4dead

Holy Horns !!!
Excellent work,get's you by the ballsfrom the start.
Can't stop listening it.
Can't F... wait for the whole !!!
----
Lost In The Battlefield Of Opposite Extremes...
26.08.2016 - 09:38
Timelord

Not bad. Wish they were a touring band. Never could understand why you wouldn't want to play shows with as many fans as Darkthrone has. That is the best part of even being in a band. I love it and couldn't see myself not playing live.
01.09.2016 - 11:29
evilexistence_

Written by cossaisVendeurs on 18.08.2016 at 23:55

It's my birthday today and the fact that new Darkthrone and Anaal Nathrakh songs were posted today has just made it muuuuuch better

on my bday too ! lol
01.09.2016 - 11:29
evilexistence_

I enjoyed it and can't wait for the new record

Hits total: 3011 | This month: 5