There exists a rare cassette version of the album that was issued under the
name Mark Shelton instead of Manilla Road

Reissued in 2002 by Iron Glory with a bonus track:
10. Far Side of the Sun (Live) - originally appeared on the Roadkill live
album.

Guest review by
iaberis
Rating:
"The Courts Of Chaos" was the last official release of Manilla Road, since the internal conflicts of the band, lead to a split-up some months later? As Mark Shelton (vocals) said, this was the first Manilla Road masterpiece, an opinion that many fans of the band share. Some people even believe that it should not be absent by any Heavy Metal collection? Personally, although I like this genre very much, I don't believe this album is so special? I'd rather say it becomes boring after the first songs?

Read more ››
published 24.11.2006 | Comments (1)

Found in 1 list
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 58 users
28.08.2016 - 18:39
Rating: 8
Joppe
Steelemeister
Good album with weakish middle part. The first four songs are pretty strong, but then things go wrong until the last two songs that are EPIC. "Into The Courts Of Chaos" and "The Books Of Skelos" are certainly 'Road classics
----
My vision is augmented
30.09.2020 - 12:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Joppe on 28.08.2016 at 18:39

Good album with weakish middle part. The first four songs are pretty strong, but then things go wrong until the last two songs that are EPIC. "Into The Courts Of Chaos" and "The Books Of Skelos" are certainly 'Road classics

I think this starts as those doom, heayy bands what mix those 2 genres, I hear some doom touch in beginning, I have no comment about middle part, but ending was beck to roots whit some epic , bit manowar mix between 70's 5 min studio sings turns to 16min live nonsence. There songs are OK, but some riffs something was uncerserlyu
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.10.2020 - 19:17
Rating: 8
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Bad English on 30.09.2020 at 12:06

Written by Joppe on 28.08.2016 at 18:39

I think this starts as those doom, heayy bands what mix those 2 genres, I hear some doom touch in beginning, I have no comment about middle part, but ending was beck to roots whit some epic , bit manowar mix between 70's 5 min studio sings turns to 16min live nonsence. There songs are OK, but some riffs something was uncerserlyu

Don't you think that The Prophecy and The Books Of Skelos are super epic killer heavy metal, and From Beyond, A Touch Of Madness and (Vlad) The Impaler are sorta weak compared to them? And yes Far Side of the Sun sounds always different, as studio and as demo too.
----
My vision is augmented

Hits total: 6294 | This month: 21