Metal Storm logo
Devin Townsend - Debut Another New Song

The always prolific Devin Townsend have been generous enough to release a third track off Transcendence, the impending new opus (out on the 9th of September). Devin has also been working on the new Casualties Of Cool album, according to his Twitter, and his symphony project. The progressive metallers unleash now another chapter with the 5-minute "Stormbending". Enjoy it below.

Devin said about creating the new album: "One thing that's really important for me to be creatively motivated is to find an angle. Some people refer to that as a concept, which it is in a sense, but not overtly. It's just something I need to focus and hone in on and the trajectory of what might be seen as a 'concept' gives me creative momentum. Without that, I'm just not inspired, it's as simple as that and with DTP, the fuel tank was running so dry. But it's really in my best interests that I don't simply disregard this part of my career, a part that people seem to like, because ultimately, I think that's a really selfish move. The problem however is, if I don't give a s**t about DTP, then I can't do it anymore! So I tried to find an angle for it, which became me getting out of my comfort zone."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Devin Townsend
Posted: 02.09.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 51 users
03.09.2016 - 07:51
cossaisVendeurs

Love it. This is better than Secret Sciences and I love hat song too!
03.09.2016 - 23:09
cossaisVendeurs

Is it me. Or does this song sounds like as if Dream Theater and Terria era Devin had a lovechild?

Also, 'Offer Your Light' and 'Higher' are also on Youtube
04.09.2016 - 18:52
Opethian

Much better. This one hit home a lot more. Sounds better than his last 3-4 efforts TBH ....

Hits total: 2590 | This month: 6