Metal Storm logo
Septic Flesh - Reunited And Working On New Album

The following press release was posted on the official Seasons Of Mist website:

"The legend says that a mythical creature named phoenix could be resurrected from its ashes. It is also says that those who carry the spirit of "burning phoenix" are unstoppable, even by the flames of an "infernal sun", as they possess the "ophidian will" to carry on, beyond all obstacles. But enough with cryptic talks and hints... Let it be known that legendary Septic Flesh have returned! Greek daemons Seth, Chris Antoniou, Sotiris V. and Fotis Benardo are back as they decided that besides their experimentation with different projects and musical paths, the path of the Flesh was not completely explored. And they have more nightmares to share...

Septic Flesh will record their sixth full length album under the flag of Season of Mist. The yet untitled album will carry all the elements that made the sound of Septic Flesh so distinctive. There will be pale, strange guitar melodies, brutal and sharp riffing, the devil behind the mic, and of course the neoclassical arrangements that are trademark of Chris Antoniou.

For that purpose alone, Chris the "gothic maestro" will torture a full orchestra and choir respectively made of 80 musicians and 32 singers! The rest of the album will be recorded and mixed on what has become the temple of the past two musical rituals of Septic Flesh. Yes, once again they have chosen to invade the famous Fredman studios, with the company of Fredrik Nordstrom.

"On winds of smoke they are singing, their calling is the calling of the free, Fly with Us" - Burning Phoenix"

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: Septicflesh
Posted: 03.04.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 25 users
03.04.2007 - 18:16
iaberis
Advice Troll
YES!!!!
I WAS PRAYING FOR THIS!!!!
Wohoo!!!!
After I heard the news about the reunion show in Xanthi, I ahd the hope that they would actually re-unite as a band and not just for the show too!!!
Amazing news! News of the Year for me!

But can it be true?
----
Bitch! Please
03.04.2007 - 18:50
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by iaberis on 03.04.2007 at 18:16

YES!!!!
Wohoo!!!!
After I heard the news about the reunion show in Xanthi, I ahd the hope that they would actually re-unite as a band and not just for the show too!!!

Signed.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
03.04.2007 - 18:50
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Written by iaberis on 03.04.2007 at 18:16

YES!!!!
Wohoo!!!!
Amazing news! News of the Year for me!

But can it be true?

Yes it can be true. The most beautiful dreams are the most crazy.

More seriously this is really good news
03.04.2007 - 19:22
GGFH

Unbelievable!!!
This is the greatest news I have read since a long long time.
03.04.2007 - 19:36
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Definitely some of the best metal news of '07
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
04.04.2007 - 09:40
GODlike ?

Great news. I was hopping for a reunion too since 2003.
04.04.2007 - 10:52
Anathemani@c

These are fucking great news!!!! I 've been waiting for so long that reunion and finally it happened!!!!:banger:
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
04.04.2007 - 12:09
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Septic Flesh reunion, finally!!! this is great news!
Now I just can't wait to hear some new stuff, it seems incredible...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
05.04.2007 - 22:26
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
DAMN!! i thought they united just for the 2 concerts..! Thats great new..! Waiting for the new album
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
06.04.2007 - 16:52
CoffinSpirit
Account deleted
AT LAST MY PRAYES HAVE BEEN ANSWERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
22.01.2008 - 23:18
Zuzundra
Account deleted
I cant imaging!!! i am crying...so long time i wait for them, i finally cant believe... 5 years of silence and now!!!
This music is returning...
19.03.2008 - 22:17
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Communion in my opinion is very very strong album real melodic septic flesh death always with that goth elements. It continues the Sumerian Daemons philosophy and atmosphere, and now i cant wait for their first concert in Nicosia after a lot of years..!
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
25.03.2008 - 12:06
Metalblaster

What can i say about Communion? It can go from semi-soft melodic to death-black-gothic metal...It's a riddle i can't solve. So i'd better let my self get lost in "Communion" rather than try to explain it...Fans of Septic Flesh (and the rest metal fans) rejoice! Join our "Communion" !!!

Hits total: 2873 | This month: 3