02. A Meeting At The Morgue
03. Commit To Nuisance
04. Higher
05. Condemnation
06. Left Alone
07. Falling Into Madness
08. Angel Dust
09. With A Vengeance

If I say Melodic Death Metal (Gothenburg sound), what do you say then?
I thought so, and yes, Source is in the same category as In Flames and Dark Tranquillity.
As young and fresh to the business, Source here releases their debut and once again, a Swedish band made me proud, 'cause this album is a really good one.
Maybe not very original, but still very good, it's something like this we could wish that In Flames should sound today, instead of "that" they are doing on "Reroute".
Anyway enough of that now.

On "Left Alone" Source gives us 9 songs with a playtime of 36 and a half-minute, quite short time, but it's still a very compact album.
With an aggression I haven't heard since the first In Flames albums, Source deliver growls after growls and very solid guitar riffs.
And songs like "Higher" once again brings my thoughts back to In Flames.
But don't think they only copying those, bigger band, 'cause they don't.
They are inspired by them, but still, they sounds like Source.

And once again, I can't give you any bio of the band, 'cause it seems like the bio part of the homepage don't work, at least, no online yet.
But as much as I know, is that they come from Gothenburg or Borås (the album is recorded in the last of those two cities), and it's a 5-piece band. "Left Alone" is their debut album.

A song that really got to my mind is the title track, "Left Alone", it's a really aggressive and hard track, and with a chorus that haunting my mind. Damn, I like this song.
It's a real masterpiece, that song.
But I can't say that they whole record is a masterpiece, 'cause it's a bit to uneven to get that stamp, but they really have the potential to be very big, they just have to use that.
The things that's make the album lose some points is that some songs are going way to fast.
I don't say it's wrong with fast songs; it's just that they are too fast, and Jonathan (vocals) sometimes can't really handle that speed. But it's just a little detail that I think Source will manage to pass.

Overall, it's a very good debut album and I hoping for much good in the future by this young band.
So all fans of the Gothenburg sound, here you have a really promising, young band to check up, I know that they won't disappoint you, so go out now, and buy this record.

Favourite Songs: "Left Alone" is The song, but I like most of them.

Written by Malcolm | 10.02.2004

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 4 users
04.09.2016 - 21:18
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Great review.

And very good finding. I don't know why people missed out this great act from Sweden?! 12 years old review just found me a great melodic death metal group releasing a very good debut. Back in the day it must be one hell of great sound to listen to .

Hits total: 1698 | This month: 10