Metal Storm logo
Abiotic - Call It Quits

Technical death metallers Abiotic from Miami, Florida just announced that the band is calling it quits. They were formed in 2010 and after two albums and one EP they decided to mutually part ways.

Band guitarist John Matos posted on Facebook: "First off, thank you. Thank you person reading this, because you were in some way shape or form, a reason that we all got to do what we love for the last 5 years. Whether playing for 10 people or 1,000, getting the opportunity to meet all of you and play metal for you all has been one of the greatest joys of my life. I never thought in a million years that Abiotic would have gotten as far as we did or that our music would reach and impact as many people as it did. That is thanks to all of the amazing people that supported us.

"Over our 2 album cycles as a band, we had the opportunity to tour with some of the best bands/crew members the genre has to offer, all over the world. We've seen places we never thought we'd get to see and done things many of our friends/families couldn't even imagine doing. These are lasting memories, bonds, and friendships that won't soon be forgotten.

"As far as the members in Abiotic go, there's no bad blood. No drama. It's difficult to explain the struggle a working band our size goes through, monetarily, internally, along with all the things that are completely out of a band's control. Things that you can only endure for so long before it becomes not worth enduring. The struggles bleed into our personal lives and it becomes a daily battle in your head to keep pursuing your dreams, even if you don't feel like you're getting out what you're putting in.

"We will all be exploring new musical projects and I hope that all of you will continue to support all of the talented guys I've had the pleasure of making music and touring in this band with. We send our love and positivity to you all."

He also gave a big thank you to Metal Blade Records for giving them an opportunity to show their music to the world. Also, he mentioned all the amazing companies that had their backs when no one else did - Extreme Management Group, Inc. Continental Concerts & Management GmbH, Ibanez Guitars, Jim Dunlop Guitar Products.

From the band's Facebook page

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Abiotic
Posted: 08.09.2016 by nicaZe

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 21 users
09.09.2016 - 02:20
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Already? Wow, that was fast. The stuff they put out was pretty solid
09.09.2016 - 05:27