Release date: July 2005

01. Last Day Of Winter
02. Autumn Into Summer
03. March To The Sea
04. --
05. Red Ran Amber
06. Aurora Borealis
07. Sirius

Unlike most of my reviews, this won't be about how brutal this Death Metal band is, or how ground-breaking the music from that Grindcore group has become. This time I am reviewing a really different type of band and I am not even sure about the genre as it's a mix between the riffing from ISIS, the complexity from Neurosis and the stance from a really profound Doom metal band (name one please), all of this presented in the most incredible way, as instrumental music.

I am not talking about just some cool riffs in a song or some passages here and there, this is real music people and I'm talking about chromatic instances, progressions in every track, incredible scales, complex structures, things that average bands won't be able to play ever. These guys know what they are doing and they do it in the most spectacular way. The tunes presented in this album actually manage to create feelings and new astonishing ambiances.

The album is filled with incredible pieces and I am really impressed with their strength. The power within the music is just miraculous and I don't say that often, believe me. Everything inside this album is splendid, I love every single second of the tracks, every single progression, every riff, every drum-beat, every bass-line, every melody. I love everything from this album actually. This band turned from totally unknown (to me at least) to one of my favorites.

I'll keep this review short, I don't want to underscore more things about this album, but I'll just say one more thing: I know the idea of an instrumental band won't appeal to many of you but I can promise to every single one reading this review: you'll love this band and you won't get bored I guarantee you that. You opened this document for a reason, please don't waste the opportunity to hear one of the best albums ever made by a band.

Written by Herzebeth | 13.08.2005

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 193 users
04.04.2007 - 03:23
Talvi

So true... Great review and album
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
04.04.2007 - 23:55
Rating: 10
BloodTears
ANA-thema
This is a wonderful album. It actually calms me rather than the opposite.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
11.02.2008 - 20:57
Rating: 10
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I had never agreed 100% with a review before this one. This album is just perfect. So complex yet calm and relaxing.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
06.04.2008 - 23:02
Lian
Account deleted
...9.9?!
I'll give it a 10 =) xD

Nice review, this album is awesome.
24.11.2009 - 09:40
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Good review, this album indeed has amazing qualities that deserve to be noticed.

But 9,9... maybe a little too much
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/

Hits total: 5599 | This month: 7