Metal Storm logo
Bölzer - New Track Online

Death/black metal machine Bølzer promised they would release a new song today and here it is! As you probably know, the duo is releasing their anticipated debut full length soon called Hero. So, why not start with a 10-minute track to whet your appetite? Blast "I AM III" via SoundCloud below.

Mark your calendars for 25th of November 2016 for the album's release.

The label said about their debut album: "Here, in many ways, Bølzer break from their past. Rich 'n' resonant clean vocals often take center stage, lending an alternately mournful/majestic quality to the duo's earth-juddering bulldoze. Likewise, the production across Hero is categorically cleaner than their grime-coated EPs, which dynamically enhances the spiraling melodicism that explodes into being here. Suitably, the songwriting itself takes on dazzling new contours, wending 'n' winding with even more fluidity - and certainly more daring - than the band's epic-yet-effortless EPs. And yet, for however seemingly radical these developments are - ultimately, they shouldn't be that 'radical' in the hands of capable and sincere artisans - it all sounds like Bølzer, both what they were, what they can be, and most especially, what they currently are. Every aesthetic suggestion, every subtle nuance, every thing left unsaid in the past: here on Hero, it's all harnessed into a molten maelstrom that's ever more unique (and alien) because it's unshackled itself from expectation. It is, in a word, heroic."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Bølzer
Posted: 12.09.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 20   Visited by: 111 users
12.09.2016 - 18:31
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
To be honest if someone hadn't told me that was Bolzer I'm not sure I would have guessed it was them. The vocals are frankly a bit crap but the music is pretty great I'd say.
12.09.2016 - 19:27
Zap
Was pretty forgettable if you ask me. It might grow on me, but for now I'm not impressed.
12.09.2016 - 19:36
Netzach
Planewalker
This was... not what I expected. A bit underwhelming initially. Gonna have to wait and see how it fits into the flow of the album.
12.09.2016 - 20:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
What a boring song and the clean vocsls... well nothing they add. And tbh they are really average at best and that is putting it mildly.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.09.2016 - 21:11
Vombatus
Potorro
I like the clean vocals, the intro is so good! Otherwise, it reminds me a bit of Layrinthian Graves... like too long for such little development. Was waiting for some raging riff to burst in at some point.
Not necessarily bad, but guess the songwritting is lackluster here. The guitar tone was also better before me thinks.
Hope the rest of the albums adds more Steppes/Wolfshook riffs and it should be a banger again.
12.09.2016 - 21:29
Paz

Mediocre.
12.09.2016 - 22:41
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
It's not mindblowing... it's not really disappointing or boring or a letdown either. Something in between. I'm mostly enjoying it, the clean vocals are quite nice and don't really sound too gimmicky, it is good to see the band evolving in that respect. Fury isn't quite there though and that's what I think is upsetting people, not much blitzkrieg here and more midtempo. Sounds as though it'll (hopefully) be one of the weaker tracks on the album, guess we'll just have to wait for the full thing for better context
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
12.09.2016 - 23:44
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
This sounds WEAK. The riffs are not nearly as exciting and euphoric as everything else they did before. The production also took a step back in terms of quality as the dissonance really shined through the more foggy production. And the vocals... well, they simply add nothing and sound lazy.

It's not terrible but you but their previous stuff is just SO much better and every angle.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
13.09.2016 - 06:53
Malignar

Ok as low volume background music. Although I don't listen to extreme metal to be kinda relaxed and in the background. Maybe they thought they were gonna be an laid back atmospheric band now? Not my cup o tea.
13.09.2016 - 11:43
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Lol, I'm still OK with the song. The tone and ominous direction sound good to me, but then I'm still not listening to this as a Bolzer track.
13.09.2016 - 12:22
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
This thread is probably one of the best examples of showing that taste is social that Ive seen here

Good song btw
13.09.2016 - 17:46
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Guys, this is ONE track on the album, goddamn
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
13.09.2016 - 17:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Auntie Sahar on 13.09.2016 at 17:46

Guys, this is ONE track on the album, goddamn

But it doesn't bode well for the rest of the album. Had they released a blistering track first up many people wouldn't be that disappointed and would have higher hoopes for the full-length.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.09.2016 - 18:10
Zap
Yeah, of course people are gonna be pessimistic if they don't like the first song that's released.

It's not like I had high hopes since Soma was already a disappointment, but that intro kind of intrigued me and then nothing interesting happened afterwards...
13.09.2016 - 18:44
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I wouldn't be surprised if people liked this track it was by another band. Bit of a cliché that's difficult to substantiate but it definitely isn't bad by most standards.
13.09.2016 - 19:06
Zap
I don't think it's bad by any standards, just not very interesting to me. Then again, I've only listened to it once and as I said, it might grow on me. It's definitely not a very 'direct' song that makes me instantly go nuts or something so it has the potential for growth. Or maybe I'll like it better in the context of the rest of the album, who knows. The latter has happened to me more times than I can count.

And for the record, it's not the shift in style that's bothering me. I was more disappointed with the second EP, which was quite similar to the first one in style, but not in quality. I always admire bands who change their sound every now and then, as long as the music is still good. (Of course there's probably some line there since I do have expectations if a band releases something good, but that's a discussion for another thread I think.)
13.09.2016 - 19:38
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.09.2016 at 17:47

But it doesn't bode well for the rest of the album. Had they released a blistering track first up many people wouldn't be that disappointed and would have higher hoopes for the full-length.

Ya never know, that could be what's coming next, if they indeed put out another track or two before the official release. Bolzer to me have never really had a sound that just stays in one area anyway, so I'd like to doubt that this track is indicative of what the whole album sounds like
----

~ II. VII
13.09.2016 - 20:08
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 13.09.2016 at 18:44
I wouldn't be surprised if people liked this track it was by another band.

In my case this is one of the reasons why I'm dissapointed and I see no wrong in that. I expected Bölzer to make another type of formula and they didn't. It's not bad per se but it's bland and uninspiring to me which is everything I didn't see in Bölzer before.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
13.09.2016 - 20:49
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 13.09.2016 at 20:08

In my case this is one of the reasons why I'm dissapointed and I see no wrong in that. I expected Bölzer to make another type of formula and they didn't. It's not bad per se but it's bland and uninspiring to me which is everything I didn't see in Bölzer before.

I haven't actually listened to Bolzer in quite a long time so tbh I didn't exactly remember what I should have been expecting. For a die hard Bolzer fan I'm not remotely surprised that someone would be miffed at this though.
21.09.2016 - 20:02
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
I quite liked this track. Sounded a bit different than most of the other death metal I've heard this year, and the clean vocals added a nice ritualistic vibe imo.

Hits total: 2856 | This month: 8