Metal Storm logo
Hexvessel - Release New Video

Psychedelic folk rockers Hexvessel released a new album this year in January. Their third album is called When We Are Death. Now, a music video for the track "Drugged Up On The Universe", directed by David Fitt, has been released. Check out the new video from the Finns below.

Guitarist/vocalist Mat McNerney said: "The video references the death of the hippie movement, with a Manson-like shamanic figure, or malevolent spirit. Bringing to life 60s/70s counter culture in an Eyes Wide Shut orgy of drugs, the Alice-like central character takes a spiritual journey. Enticed by the spirit, who has entered her expanded consciousness, her mind expands. She is lead outside and discovers there is a wider universe than the one she knows. It's a nature mystic metaphor for how that era has influenced the environmental movement which Hexvessel feel a part of. If you let it in, the spirit of nature will find you and expand your consciousness. You don't need drugs to get high on the nature of the universe!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Hexvessel
Posted: 14.09.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 13 users
15.09.2016 - 17:55
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
You dont need drugs to get high on nature but they surely help the good cause. Nice video again though.
15.09.2016 - 20:02
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Probably my most listened to this album this year (that's from this year anyway).

I do like some of the song lyrics in this album but this one just seems caricaturish and silly. Wouldn't have been my choice of a song to make a video for either; one of the less great tracks on the album.
20.09.2016 - 22:27
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Totally not a weak song on any level for me. I like the overdubbed and unique way the chord progressions go. Video is well produced but the idea is totally lame on all levels.

Hits total: 1134 | This month: 3