Metal Storm logo
Songs You Wish Didn't Exist (on otherwise great albums)

21.09.2016 - 16:50
Enteroctopus

For me, "By Demons be Driven" is a pile of shit on Pantera's "Vulgar Display of Power." It's just shitty, unimaginative, way too repetitive (when will it STOP?!!!) and the lyrics are nonsense. WTF were they on?

"Good Friends and a Bottle of Pills" is another Pantera turd.

Guns 'n Roses, "One in a Million" is actually almost a decent song. I like the guitar work, the vocal melody, but all this shit of "immigrants and faggots" just ruins it. Complete lyrical crap, not even offensive, just shite. That's just a shitty song on a shitty EP, though. Too bad "Patience" is on that.

If it were better written it might rise to the level of offensive.

What are some of your, "wish they wouldn't have written that" songs?
23.09.2016 - 15:13
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth from the 1st Bat Out Of Hell (Meat Loaf) album. I don't like it, and it just seems out of place compared to the rest of the album for some reason.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
14.10.2016 - 21:05
Zombie94

I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say I wish they didn't exist, cus they're okay as songs. But there are 2 Iron Maiden songs that I think stick out like a sore thumb.

'22 Acacia Avenue' on The Number of The Beast is completely out of place imo. For some reason, on an album where the majority of the lyrics are about war, history, the devil, etc. they decided to sandwich in this song that's basically Bruce Dickinson giving a friend directions to his favourite hooker...not sure what they were thinking. Not a bad song though.

The other one is 'Back in the Village' on Powerslave. I don't so much take issue with the lyrics of this song. I just think it sounds very different to the rest of the songs and is a lot lower in quality.

I'm sure there are others that are worse but those 2 came to mind first.
16.10.2016 - 02:10
tominator
At best deranged
Written by Zombie94 on 14.10.2016 at 21:05

I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say I wish they didn't exist, cus they're okay as songs. But there are 2 Iron Maiden songs that I think stick out like a sore thumb.

'22 Acacia Avenue' on The Number of The Beast is completely out of place imo. For some reason, on an album where the majority of the lyrics are about war, history, the devil, etc. they decided to sandwich in this song that's basically Bruce Dickinson giving a friend directions to his favourite hooker...not sure what they were thinking. Not a bad song though.

The other one is 'Back in the Village' on Powerslave. I don't so much take issue with the lyrics of this song. I just think it sounds very different to the rest of the songs and is a lot lower in quality.

I'm sure there are others that are worse but those 2 came to mind first.

Same here I usually don't feel like a song shouldn't be on an album. It's a part of the album. Every song is a unique part of an album so I wouldn't wish any song away from any album. But on the topic of weaker songs on good or great albums... for me it would be Quest For Fire on Piece Of Mind.

Other songs I'm thinking of would be: Violate on The Dark Saga album (Iced Earth), My Own savior on Something Wicked This Way Comes (Iced Earth), Destination Forever on Between Heaven And Hell (Firewind), Speedracer on Dreamchaser (Victorius) and Power Of The Sun on Tyranny Of Souls (Bruce Dickinson).

None of these songs are terrible but they are just not as strong as the rest of the material on those albums imo.
25.10.2016 - 20:56
Jekyl Thorn

"Trapped Under Ice".....just get me straight to Creeping Death already!
02.11.2016 - 21:13
Ganondox

Tool has a few instrumentals which fit in this category. Some work as good intros for the next track, others are just annoying and out of place.
17.01.2017 - 18:42
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
-A lot of the joke tracks on Type O Negative's albums I could do without
-Some of the instrumentals from Tool's albums like Ganondox mentioned above.
-"You're Not Alone" from Anathema's Distant Satellites
-"Idolatrine" from Ghost's Infestissumam
"South Winds" from Ihsahn's Arktis.
-"Back In The Village" from Iron Maiden's Powerslave
-"Pain and Pleasure" from Judas Priest's Screaming for Vengeance
-"The One You Are Looking For Is Not Here" from Katatonia's Dead End Kings
-"Porcelain Heart" from Opeth's Watershed
-"Dislocated Day" from Porcupine Tree's The Sky Moves Sideways
-"One and Only" from Queensryche's Empire
-"I Think I'm Going Bald" from Rush's Caress of Steel
-"The Spirits That Lend Strength Are Invisible" from Ulver's ATGCLVLSSCAP
-"Darkness and Frost" could be combined with "Time" on Wintersun's Time I in my opinion and not much would change.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
13.04.2017 - 18:23
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Creature Lives from The Hunter by Mastodon
13.04.2017 - 19:04
Zap
22 Acacia Avenue from The Number Of The Beast. That song drags down the entire album for me.
13.04.2017 - 20:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Zap on 13.04.2017 at 19:04

22 Acacia Avenue from The Number Of The Beast. That song drags down the entire album for me.

hahahahaha imo that song is superior to the title track
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.04.2017 - 21:04
Maco
Pvt Funderground

I'll say Gangland
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
13.04.2017 - 22:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Maco on 13.04.2017 at 21:04

I'll say Gangland

Gangland, The Prisoner, or Invaders drag it down for me.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996