Metal Storm logo
Opeth - Streaming New Track 'The Wilde Flowers'

Officially, Opeth's new album is only released on the 30th of September via Moderbolaget Records / Nuclear Blast Entertainment. But today, you can hear another cut from Sorceress. The progressive outfit surprised fans today by uncovering a new tune, the third to be released from the new record until now. If you're so inclined, enjoy "The Wilde Flowers" here and see if it's up your alley.

Tracks:

01. Persephone
02. Sorceress (streaming here)
03. The Wilde Flowers
04. Will O The Wisp (streaming here)
05. Chrysalis
06. Sorceress 2
07. The Seventh Sojourn
08. Strange Brew
09. A Fleeting Glance
10. Era
11. Persephone (Slight Return)
12. The Ward [bonus]
13. Spring MCMLXXIV [bonus]
14. Cusp of Eternity [live] [bonus]
15. The Drapery Falls [live] [bonus]
16. Voice Of Treason [live] [bonus]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Opeth
Posted: 21.09.2016 by BloodTears

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 38   Visited by: 314 users
23.09.2016 - 23:38
Altunenberg
I understand nothing...
24.09.2016 - 01:38
The Galactician
Written by musclassia on 23.09.2016 at 12:32

As far as Opeth goes, I know and understand people's disappointment with the way the songwriting is going (well at least insofar as the complaints revolve around their retro unoriginality and the lack of the emotion that used to embody their music, not so much the complaints about growls and blastbeats given how good Damnation and their other old soft songs are). But at the same time, the people who act so ungrateful as if Opeth have betrayed them and sullied their reputation are kinda disgusting...

This is so spot on. I've been a metal fan for a very long time, and if there is one thing that's never changed in all those years, it's the fact that there is always a rabid pack of fickle babies who feel they are truly owed something in perpetuity by the bands they listen to.

Bands change, grow, and--on a long enough time scale--go through major slumps or experimentation periods (which could be one or the other depending on the eye of the beholder). If you're lucky, a band you love may come back around to something you like, or beat the slump and surprise you. If not, well that's how it goes. Lucky for you the world is always churning out new music.
24.09.2016 - 10:29
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by The Galactician on 24.09.2016 at 01:38

Written by musclassia on 23.09.2016 at 12:32

As far as Opeth goes, I know and understand people's disappointment with the way the songwriting is going (well at least insofar as the complaints revolve around their retro unoriginality and the lack of the emotion that used to embody their music, not so much the complaints about growls and blastbeats given how good Damnation and their other old soft songs are). But at the same time, the people who act so ungrateful as if Opeth have betrayed them and sullied their reputation are kinda disgusting...

Bands change, grow, and--on a long enough time scale--go through major slumps or experimentation periods (which could be one or the other depending on the eye of the beholder). If you're lucky, a band you love may come back around to something you like, or beat the slump and surprise you. If not, well that's how it goes. Lucky for you the world is always churning out new music.

Churn out new music which looks decent and interesting.

No issue with bands go through periods of change in style, technicality and sometimes even change in personalities which reflects in records but "changes" should really have "affect" on "music". I never got this from Opeth except too much experimentation, one man army driven focuses and ideas forcefully implemented in studios and for the maniac idolizing for 70s prog rock music. One thing pops up, does other members have a fair share of contribution?!

If it is, then they all become Akerfeldt clone, if it's not then they blindly following what is been instructed by Mr Akerfeldt's musical direction. In either way, Opeth's sound getting unnecessarily monotonous. We've seen your work in "Heritage", we listened to it and gone through by. Now, for the love of fucking any type of god, stop compartmentalizing your sound like you fucking did in "Pale Communion" and now in "Sorceress".

As I said, you've got to appreciate the fact that what fans expecting. They're smarter than you.

Even I've seen some bands flipping sound completely inside out and have gone onto released some fantastic albums and doing it really well on gigs as well, just so what fans what.
24.09.2016 - 11:12
Zap
^That post hurts my brain.
24.09.2016 - 13:09
Lethrokai
The first half is one of their worst songs in a long time.
The second half is one of their best songs in a long time.
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
26.09.2016 - 22:41
drummercrm
Mikael is trolling us harder than Wintersun
27.09.2016 - 03:26
Tuonelan
It's really hard to continue finding new things to say that are worth saying in music. Just ask Iron Maiden or Judas Priest. Opeth are still working at it, even if they are overshadowed by the quality of their back catalog. I've bought this one already and won't regret that decision even if I listen to this one less than my older favorites. Still better than most of the uninspired mundane crap on rock/metal radio, and it's not like they have anything left to prove.

Yeah. Bit of a Ghost vibe. You could do worse than that for a vibe.
----
Hopepunk living on a grimdark timeline
28.09.2016 - 18:59
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
So far this is my favourite out of the three songs released so far. It has a nice vibe, some really catchy parts and a pretty wild ending. What I'm especially pleased about is the fact that all the three songs presented are very distinct, which gives me hope that the entire album will be as diverse.
Also I have to completely disagree with Cynic Metalhead: I don't know a single criteria that makes the fans smarter than the band. Judging by most of the comments one can find on the Internet, I would say it's more likely vice versa. In this sense I'm with The Galactican - if you don't like the new sound, just don't listen to it and let it go.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"

Hits total: 4247 | This month: 10