Metal Storm logo
Urgent help with dc++

05.04.2007 - 13:26
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i recently started to download the lord of the rings: battle for middle earth 2, and about at the 4 GB mark, it says there isn't any free space on the disk, whereas there is another 6 GB free space. can someone please help?
06.04.2007 - 12:34
APOHAKC
The Bard
Cursed, my friend, it seams everyone is stupid around here including me...
But I asked some friends about that and there can be two things they said to me, first look if the file you are downloading is zip, cause sometimes they can put some shit that you need 2 times more space than the file.. and second the second the file can be corupted or someone packed it really bad... of cause there is more possiblility but they would must be at your PC to fix that... and that is impossibe you know.. so good luck
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
06.04.2007 - 18:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
no, i tried from multiple users and apparently it's because of it's gigantic size, and the program "kills" the download at 3.99GB, so it seems i have to find a way to set this maximum download size somehow higher, though i can't find it
06.04.2007 - 19:55
APOHAKC
The Bard
Well... good luck, anyway if you fail I can always send you that game by post, Romania is not that far... Well let me know, it wan't be problem
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
06.04.2007 - 20:28
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Written by Valentin B on 06.04.2007 at 18:16

no, i tried from multiple users and apparently it's because of it's gigantic size, and the program "kills" the download at 3.99GB, so it seems i have to find a way to set this maximum download size somehow higher, though i can't find it

Apparently It's not a problem of file's size. I downloaded some time ago the Linux Mandriva 2007 DVD on ftp who has a size of 4,3 G without any concerns.
The problem can come from zip files as said Aronax. Errors can occurs during the download, but in exchange program.