Style: Avantgarde metal, Black metal

Owners:

105 have it
12 want it

01. The Synarchy Of Molten Bones
02. Famished For Breath
03. Onward Where Most With Ravin I May Meet
04. Internecine Iatrogenesis

So here we are. Six years and two EPs later, the mighty Deathspell Omega have returned with new material. It's not "Doomspell Omega" or a reggae black metal album, and sure, one could complain about a rehash of old ideas here. But I'll be damned if it isn't nice to have these titans of French black metal back on the throne showing all their emulators how the game is really played.

Go and get it.

Apothecary's picks | More picks ››

Found in 13 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 91   Visited by: 538 users
01.10.2016 - 10:25
Desert Father
Oh my God
----
"Truly, my child, if I were allowed to see my sins, three or four men would not be enough to weep
for them." - Abba Dioscorus
01.10.2016 - 10:51
Rating: 7
Paz
Elite
It seems that someone is adding the albums according to MA No one said that it will be an EP.
01.10.2016 - 10:55
3rdWorld
China was a neat
So its a full length then? Even more awesomeness. Probably should get the format changed here rightaway.
01.10.2016 - 11:53
Mikolaj
Account deleted
I hope that it will be a step up from their last failure.
01.10.2016 - 13:36
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Guest on 01.10.2016 at 12:02

Someone tell me what Internecine Latrogenesis means thanks

The title is misspelled here. It is actually Iatrogenesis, note the "I" in place of "L".

It could mean something on the likes of "Unexpected (mostly harmful/negative) side effects brought by an doctor/physician when trying to cure an illness that affects both the doctor and the patient".

internecine
ˌɪntəˈniːsʌɪn/
adjective
adjective: internecine

destructive to both sides in a conflict.

iatrogenesis. - Any injury or illness that occurs because of medical care.
01.10.2016 - 13:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
In other words: total DsO waffle that no doubt hardcore fans will find some sort of contrived meaning in.
01.10.2016 - 14:15
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Lol, yeah its more likely finding random obscure words and jumbling them into track titles.
01.10.2016 - 14:48
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Weirdly there does seem to be a few entries for "Latrogenesis" on Google in medical texts etc. Can't seem to find if one is an older term or something. Guessing it's not a word used much these days anyway.
01.10.2016 - 14:51
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Latrinegenesis.
01.10.2016 - 15:44
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by Paz on 01.10.2016 at 10:51

It seems that someone is adding the albums according to MA No one said that it will be an EP.

I've stopped trying to get any clear idea of where exactly the cutoff is for an EP vs a full album on track time, since bands don't really seem to give a fuck anymore. The Chaos Echoes "EPs" are like 40 minutes long, so is that ambient one Urfaust put out just recently, some grindcore full lengths are only like 20 minutes long, etc. Whatever the band says it is, it is
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
01.10.2016 - 16:24
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by Guest on 01.10.2016 at 13:41

In other words: total DsO waffle that no doubt hardcore fans will find some sort of contrived meaning in.

It was only a matter of time

I am surprised to not see any definite Latin or Greek names, although I'm posting this out before I care to find out about what Laxativegenesis was/is..
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

01.10.2016 - 16:40
Paz
Elite
K7 flagged it, so I can't change the album's status
01.10.2016 - 16:40
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Everyone here is seeming to be masterbating themselves edging for a Kenose 2, and I don't blame them, I just have. Anywho, I think this will be competitively exciting to see whether if all the fafffing DsO copycats will finally be in a league with them. Because of them its going to be a much harder game for quality, bar Drought.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

01.10.2016 - 18:03
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by Paz on 01.10.2016 at 10:51

It doesn't say that its a full length either. All we have is

Quote:
Released as CD and LP

Which means in this context that it will be released as CD and Vinyl and releasing something on vinyl does not make it a full length
01.10.2016 - 18:28
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Paz on 01.10.2016 at 16:40

K7 flagged it, so I can't change the album's status

And you posted the question on their fb page. They don't seem too responsive tbh.

Yeah, I submitted the edit to full length rightaway after the news and K7 flagged it.
01.10.2016 - 18:35
Paz
Elite
Written by 3rdWorld on 01.10.2016 at 18:28

And you posted the question on their fb page. They don't seem too responsive tbh.

Yeah, it was me We'll see...
01.10.2016 - 18:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
It will be 4 songs and under half an hour. So the best guess is that it will be called an e.p.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.10.2016 - 18:42
Fearmeister
Account deleted
01.10.2016 - 18:56
Paz
Elite
Either way, I'm so buying it!
01.10.2016 - 21:14
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.10.2016 at 11:53

Has there been any failures? If you are refering to what wrongly is seen as a failure here it will be hard to top. My guess is though that this will be something different than that as these guys dont seem to semi-repeat themselves for more than 1 full length + 1 ep.
01.10.2016 - 21:17
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Nah, Drought was a failure in my eyes too. Probably great if you like lifeless technical metal but lacked most of the soul of a DsO released.

Dunno why but I feel like this is going to be their slowest release, perhaps even doomy. Just a hunch though.
01.10.2016 - 21:40
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.10.2016 at 21:34

Written by Guest on 01.10.2016 at 21:14

Written by Guest on 01.10.2016 at 11:53

Has there been any failures? If you are refering to what wrongly is seen as a failure here it will be hard to top. My guess is though that this will be something different than that as these guys dont seem to semi-repeat themselves for more than 1 full length + 1 ep.

I mean the Drought Ep. Basically what Joe said, lifeless technical metal without any soul or good songwriting to back it up. Paracletus had at least the depth and a bit of a replay value. I can imagine that it will be some sort of mix of their older and newer period.

I think the calm dissonant almost post-metalish riffs mixed with the furious jazzy parts are great on Drought. A mix of old and new could be on the cards for this but Its been 4 years so my guess is that we will be suprised.
02.10.2016 - 14:27
Paz
Elite
One dude wrote:
Quote:
It can be a LP, check Reign in blood. Plus when they announced Drought in 2012 they said :"New Deathspell Omega MCD, In June" MCD is EP. And the new album si considered as CD or LP.

I'm confused NoEvDia still haven't answered my question.
02.10.2016 - 14:43
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Paz on 02.10.2016 at 14:27

Noevdia has already started pre-orders saying "This LP comes with an insert & A6 card."

I believe it's a full length record which shouldn't get changed due to its length. The funny part is people still getting apeshit on fb whether this is an EP or LP and negating excitement of new DsO.

Whatever the case may be, i'm looking forward to it. "Paracletus" was amazing while "Drought" came to be little bit less interesting.
02.10.2016 - 19:06
Rating: 8
Netzach
Planewalker
Staff
Who cares about LP or EP. Some bands (Zeal and Ardor comes to mind) release 25 minute LP's and one particular group of Finnish vikings released a 68 minute EP a few years ago. All that matters is if the music is good, and knowing DsO it probably will be.
02.10.2016 - 23:56
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by Guest on 01.10.2016 at 21:17

Dunno why but I feel like this is going to be their slowest release, perhaps even doomy

Goddamn, I would welcome that
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
03.10.2016 - 00:00
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Auntie Sahar on 02.10.2016 at 23:56

Goddamn, I would welcome that

Yeah would be pretty interesting I reckon.
03.10.2016 - 14:30
MolochAngst
FAAARRGG YEAAHHH. New Madder coming and now this. Some light in a year full of shit.
03.10.2016 - 15:08
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 02.10.2016 at 14:43

Written by Paz on 02.10.2016 at 14:27

Noevdia has already started pre-orders saying "This LP comes with an insert & A6 card."

I believe it's a full length record which shouldn't get changed due to its length. The funny part is people still getting apeshit on fb whether this is an EP or LP and negating excitement of new DsO.

Whatever the case may be, i'm looking forward to it. "Paracletus" was amazing while "Drought" came to be little bit less interesting.

Which only shows up if you preorder the vinyl http://www.noevdia.com/shop/lp-dlp-gatefold/deathspell-omega-synarchy-molten-bones-lp/

The thing you quoted DOES NOT appear if you preorder the CD http://www.noevdia.com/shop/cd-digipack-digibook/deathspell-omega-synarchy-molten-bones-cd/

Which means when they are saying 'This LP', they are actually saying 'this vinyl'
03.10.2016 - 20:18
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
I haven't seen anything saying it's an EP anywhere. Just "Deathspell Omega will be releasing their new album." That's not necessarily saying it's a full length, but I think it's safe to leave it as that for now until evidence to the contrary arises. So it's been changed back to that. If someone shows me something that in plain letters says it's indeed an EP, it'll get changed back. Until then, stop fucking with it, and remember...

>Chaos Echoes - Tone Of Things To Come (EP): 39:20
>Urfaust - Apparitions (EP): 43:41
>Nails - Abandon All Life (full length): 17:22
>Death Of Self - Mental Disintegration (full length): 9:33

Album length really isn't a factor here. Stop being so numerically focused
----

~ II. VII

Hits total: 15504 | This month: 36