Metal Storm logo
Amon Amarth - Announce New Drummer

Amon Amarth recently announced on their Facebook page that they have hired Jocke Wallgren (Valkyrja) as their new permanent drummer. He has been touring with the band for a while now. He joins the Vikings and replaces Fredrik Andersson.

The band writes: "The Gods smile on Jocke Wallgren today. Amon Amarth is pleased to announce that Jocke Wallgren is the new permanent band drummer. Jocke has been playing with Amon Amarth for all shows on the current Jomsviking world tour."

Amon Amarth comments: "We are happy to have Jocke with us as a permanent band member. He has done a great job for us on the current world tour, bringing excellent drumming with a positive attitude and great personality, something that will definitely benefit Amon Amarth for years to come."

Says Jocke: "I'm super excited to jump aboard the unstoppable Amon Amarth longship! My predecessors have inspired me greatly throughout the years and I will do my best to honor the legacy that is Amon Amarth."

The Swedes are currently on tour in the United States with Megadeth, Suicidal Tendencies, Metal Church and Butcher Babies.

Photo credit: Scott Uchida

[Also thanks to Bad English for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Amon Amarth
Posted: 02.10.2016 by Metal God

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 108 users
02.10.2016 - 19:35
beerweed
02.10.2016 - 20:18
s_t_s
Well that's good for him but with their latest album Amon Amarth has lost all interest to me and seeing them only tour in huge halls really makes me think that the good old days are gone...
02.10.2016 - 21:49
sbgmetal
He did a pretty good job at the show i went to
03.10.2016 - 02:53
Sr Tumnus
Yeah !!! good news for Chile!!!
----
Damn is good!

Hits total: 3477 | This month: 8