Metal Storm logo
Avenged Sevenfold - Debut New Single

Three years after they released their last album, Hail To The King, Avenged Sevenfold finally have new music to share. It's their brand new single "The Stage". They also made a video for the track so you can go ahead and enjoy the visuals and music here. The new single is available now! Was it worth the wait? The song should appear on their upcoming record, with more details yet to be unveiled.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Avenged Sevenfold
Posted: 13.10.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 128 users
13.10.2016 - 21:33
Doge of Venice

Wonder why he is trying to sing like The Rev at parts? Dunno what he is trying to sing like in other parts. His voice suits lower singing these days, I think.

EDIT: Saying that, it's actually a decent slice of hard rock. Prefer it to any song on last album, that's for sure.
14.10.2016 - 01:42
cossaisVendeurs

For a minute there, I thought I was on metalstorm.net
14.10.2016 - 03:20
Overrwatcher

Written by cossaisVendeurs on 14.10.2016 at 01:42

Avenged Sevenfold were pretty metal at one point (but not for over a decade now), and MS intentionally gives some leeway to hard rock type stuff. If it's got significant metal influences, or was an influence to metal itself (see: Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull), it's acceptable on here. It's like the opposite of "Meshuggah's newest stuff is not metal, it's jazz, fuck you I'm right" Metal-Archives.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
14.10.2016 - 08:24
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
A very good song ruined by poor "impersonation of Rev" vocals.
14.10.2016 - 11:10
Kais

There were some moments I liked in Nightmare, back in the days, but this, I'm sorry, this is just dreadful.
14.10.2016 - 11:31
Sword_Chant

The first minute of the new song is good, but the rest of the song really falls flat the minute he starts singing.
14.10.2016 - 12:13
devilstoy

Its OK. No more, No less!!!
14.10.2016 - 14:29
Jagsey

Really enjoying this song... especially the instrumental parts. I kept waiting for a peak or turn in the singing, but it stayed flat unfortunately.
Cool song nonetheless.
14.10.2016 - 17:00
Sangre Sani

Surprisingly okay for Avenged Sevenfold.
14.10.2016 - 22:32
Doge of Venice

Written by Jagsey on 14.10.2016 at 14:29

Really enjoying this song... especially the instrumental parts. I kept waiting for a peak or turn in the singing, but it stayed flat unfortunately.
Cool song nonetheless.

I actually think there are some nice musical peaks and troughs, but I think the production has just levelled it all out. Which is a shame.

For example, during the midsection the rhythm guitar has been practically nuked from existence . There is a clip on YouTube where they play that part without the vocals and it's way more punchy.

Edit: having said that, just researched and there wasn't actually much rhythm guitar there. But it still felt more punchy. Then again, maybe it's just something that sounds kinda similar but different. Dunno. Has the same structure.
18.10.2016 - 03:36
TonyMartinson

I gave up on these guys a long time ago but was interested to see where they are at these days and I must say I was pleasantly surprised!
I think the film clip was amazing and the song had some great lead work and is musically well structured and not too commercial sounding. Yes his vocals take a toll on my listening pleasure after a while but that's why I liked this song there is more guitar work to take my focus away from the whining tone of his voice.
Great start maybe Ill give this album a listen.
25.10.2016 - 07:50
Nicko's Nose

Written by cossaisVendeurs on 14.10.2016 at 01:42

Looks like we have a tr00 metalhead here... Ugh.

Hits total: 2695 | This month: 3