Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - Share Clip From Upcoming DVD

Symphonic metal heavyweights Nightwish have unveiled the first clip from their new live milestone, Vehicle Of Spirit, due out on December 9th, featuring not only two full concerts, but also plenty of bonus material. Today, the band presents the first live video clip and it's the opening track "Shudder Before The Beautiful" off of Endless Forms Most Beautiful, recorded at the Wembley Show in London.

The DVD tracklist looks like this:

DVD1 (The Wembley Show)
01. Shudder Before The Beautiful
02. Yours Is An Empty Hope
03. Ever Dream
04. Storytime
05. My Walden
06. While Your Lips Are Still Red
07. Élan
08. Weak Fantasy
09. 7 Days To The Wolves
10. Alpenglow
11. The Poet And The Pendulum
12. Nemo
13. I Want My Tears Back
14. Stargazers
15. Ghost Love Score
16. Last Ride Of The Day
17. The Greatest Show On Earth

DVD2 (The Tampere Show)
01. Shudder Before The Beautiful
02. Yours Is An Empty Hope
03. Amaranth
04. She Is My Sin
05. Dark Chest Of Wonders
06. My Walden
07. The Islander
08. Élan
09. Weak Fantasy
10. Storytime
11. Endless Forms Most Beautiful
12. Alpenglow
13. Stargazers
14. Sleeping Sun
15. Ghost Love Score
16. Last Ride Of The Day
17. The Greatest Show On Earth

DVD3 (Extras)
01. Weak Fantasy (Vancouver)
02. Nemo (Buenos Aires)
03. The Poet And The Pendulum (Mexico City)
04. Yours Is An Empty Hope (Joensuu)
05. 7 Days To The Wolves (Espoo, Barona Arena)
06. Sleeping Sun (Masters Of Rock)
07. Sahara (Tampa Bay)
08. Edemah Ruh acoustic (Nightwish Cruise)
09. Last Ride Of The Day (Rock In Rio feat. Tony Kakko)
10. Élan (Sydney)
11. Richard Dawkins Interview From Wembley

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 14.10.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 179 users
14.10.2016 - 20:40
Kais

Nothing to say about this. Pretty typical Nightwish material (loved the solo parts, though).
I have to say though, Marco looks awfully unamused.
14.10.2016 - 21:05
Didymus

Disappointing choice for a clip, though that's a natural outcome of a disappointing setlist and generally unimpressive new tracks.

Floor's close-ups are, again, lifting the other guys up who look lifeless both from up close and from far away. Some real energy on stage is what this band really needs imo.
14.10.2016 - 21:51
Unhealer
Eclecticist
The visual is quite boring, I can't tell why though. Maybe low budget.

Also, why on Earth would Tuomas choose that patch for the keyboard solo??? Sounds like shit.
15.10.2016 - 10:21
The Melting Snow

Annoying keyboard solo. cringeworthy
15.10.2016 - 10:21
devilstoy

Written by Kais on 14.10.2016 at 20:40

Nothing to say about this. Pretty typical Nightwish material (loved the solo parts, though).

So in fact you did have something to say about it then!!!
15.10.2016 - 13:55
Kais

Written by devilstoy on 15.10.2016 at 10:21

Not quite. Marco has been awfully unamused in almost every single video I saw on youtube post 2012.
It's nothing new.
15.10.2016 - 16:56
devilstoy

Written by Kais on 15.10.2016 at 13:55

Not quite. Marco has been awfully unamused in almost every single video I saw on youtube post 2012.
It's nothing new.

I went to that gig and it was awesome. That song was the opening number, give them chance to warm up a bit!!!!!
I was near the front and I thought they all had a good chemistry between them. Being their is different to watching a video though when you only get snippets from different angles.
15.10.2016 - 18:33
Kais

Written by devilstoy on 15.10.2016 at 16:56

Written by Kais on 15.10.2016 at 13:55

It's nothing new.

I went to that gig and it was awesome. That song was the opening number, give them chance to warm up a bit!!!!!
I was near the front and I thought they all had a good chemistry between them. Being their is different to watching a video though when you only get snippets from different angles.

Not going to argue with someone who've seen them live in person.
15.10.2016 - 19:54
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
So it turns out the CDs are only available in an expensive Earbook package including both 2 Blu-rays and 3 DVDs.

I can't stand that practice.
17.10.2016 - 19:42
HyperDrifter

Written by Azarath on 15.10.2016 at 19:54

So it turns out the CDs are only available in an expensive Earbook package including both 2 Blu-rays and 3 DVDs.

I can't stand that practice.

Me neither, I actually wanted the Blu-ray with CDs but that's not an option...should be standalone CD as well
18.10.2016 - 12:00
musclassia

Do you mean the Wembley show? Yeah I really enjoyed it, even with the abundance of songs from the new album that I'm not particularly fond of. If I could've chosen a setlist about half of what they played wouldn't've been on there, but even the songs I don't really like worked well, and the ones I do like were great. But I feel like 80% of that was that Floor Jansen is pretty amazing.

However, I'd totally forgotten they'd played Poet and the Pendulum at the show, and can only vaguely remember it now
18.10.2016 - 17:46
Susan
Smeghead

Agree.

I saw on them on the N. American leg of the tour and they were amazing. So much chemistry and energy (well, read my concert review!) but damn this clip was boring, and there were so many overly dark shots. Though I blame video AND sound editing, not the band. It doesn't make me want to spend a bunch of money to relive a less-exciting version of the show I saw.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
18.10.2016 - 22:55
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by HyperDrifter on 17.10.2016 at 19:42

Me neither, I actually wanted the Blu-ray with CDs but that's not an option...should be standalone CD as well

Yes, common sense options: Blu-ray, DVD, Blu-ray/CD, DVD/CD, and standalone CD. Instead some labels like Inside Out and Nuclear Blast have started doing odd configurations that just make it more difficult than it needs to be. And Nuclear Blast wants to turn everything into an Earbook now.

Hits total: 2526 | This month: 6