Metal Storm logo
Devin Townsend - Upcoming Album Details

Strapping Young Lad frontman Devin Townsend's new full-length concept album "Ziltoid The Omniscient" is due to be issued through InsideOut on May 21st in Europe and May 22nd in North America.

The tracklist for "Ziltoid The Omniscient" [cover art], is as follows:

01. ZTO
02. By Your Command
03. Ziltoidia Attaxx!
04. Solar Winds
05. Hyperdrive
06. N9
07. Planet Smasher
08. Omnidimensional Creator
09. Color Your World
10. The Greys
11. Tall Latté

The following official "Ziltoid The Omniscient" press release can be found on the website of Hevy Devy Records:

"The album was recorded, mixed, and mastered in February due for an early summer release on Inside Out and HDR. Devin played all of the instruments on the record with the assistance of the Drumkit from Hell (thanks Fredrik!). The artwork is by Travis Smith.

The story as follows (without revealing too much): Ziltoid The Omniscient, a 4th dimensional alien has come to earth and is currently hovering five miles above Qatar. Beaming messages to the earth, including video, music, and words, His Omniscient-ness has one dimension up on us humans, allowing him control over time. But, in order to bend time he requires the perfect fuel - BLACK COFFEE - found in abundance on only one planet in the omniverse... Earth. He plays guitar and sings, is moody and a bit sensitive, with his first record due in late June. Surrounded by nymphs and prancing plasma beings, the album was produced by Devin Townsend in the hangar of the Ziltoidian space barge. All hail Ziltoid and his Infinity metal! Prepare your finest brew!

Ziltoid doesn't want to destroy the earth now...he just wants to be known as the best guitar player and get lots of chicks."

Source: insideout.de
Band profile: Devin Townsend
Posted: 07.04.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 23   Visited by: 7 users
07.04.2007 - 15:49
Baz Anderson
staff
haha yes I read the story theme some time last month and it sounds rather funny.. hahaha

I read somewhere this is a cross between Strapping Young Lad and his own solo stuff.. that means its going to be something like 'Physicist' - and I love that album even though people generally dont seem to like it as much..
so I am really looking forward to this!!!
07.04.2007 - 15:58
AnarChrist
oh my god he has gone completely and totally insane
----
oh my fucking god, fucking dinosaurs
07.04.2007 - 16:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Baz Anderson on 07.04.2007 at 15:49

haha yes I read the story theme some time last month and it sounds rather funny.. hahaha

I read somewhere this is a cross between Strapping Young Lad and his own solo stuff.. that means its going to be something like 'Physicist' - and I love that album even though people generally dont seem to like it as much..
so I am really looking forward to this!!!

I hope it will turn out like that because I love Physicist, unlike so many people.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.04.2007 - 20:00
matos
Ziltoid doesn't want to destroy the earth now...he just wants to be known as the best guitar player and get lots of chicks."
Devin rocks!!
----
07.04.2007 - 20:20
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Devin's a fuckin' crazy genius man! Ziltoid The Omniscient...
Can't wait to hear something from this new album...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
07.04.2007 - 21:39
Der Meister
Account deleted
I'm actually pissing my pants because of the excitement! Only a crazy genious like Devin could come up with this stuff! I'm gonna be the first one to get this if I can!
07.04.2007 - 21:39
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
He's a fuckin mad genious.
07.04.2007 - 21:56
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Wonderful. I'd love to hear more from Mr. Townsend.
----
The force will be with you, always.
08.04.2007 - 01:25
Daru Jericho
Insanely awesome storyline. Really creative!
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

08.04.2007 - 03:51
Ruby
Yha~Great hahaha Ziltoid now,five miles above Qatar?
Awesome , All Hail~
----
Ruby
08.04.2007 - 04:21
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
greatest...album cover.....ever...
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
08.04.2007 - 04:55
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
So is this being released as 'Devin Townsend' or 'The Devin Townsend Band', because there is a difference.
----
(space for rent)
08.04.2007 - 11:43
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
This man is a genius and crazy. He never stop to work and create . Devin
08.04.2007 - 11:46
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Sounds like an expensive ripoff of Zoldon

Hem, I think it's the band, MS just uses the shorter name
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
08.04.2007 - 13:17
FOOCK Nam
hahaha the story theme of the album is so fuking hilarious
08.04.2007 - 14:44
Opium
Account deleted
The storyline isn't 100% original, for all those who think it is, sorry to spoil it...

Well, let's see, coffee and aliens/an alien from another planet? Been done before.

But 5 miles above Qatar? Certainly not!
09.04.2007 - 03:19
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
So, this is going to be a metal version of Bowie's The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars?

Groovy.
----
09.04.2007 - 10:48
cubbu
Account deleted
Sounds funny xD
09.04.2007 - 13:33
Der Meister
Account deleted
Written by Syk on 08.04.2007 at 11:46

Sounds like an expensive ripoff of Zoldon

Hem, I think it's the band, MS just uses the shorter name

It is going to be released under the name of Devin Townsend, not the band. Why? Becouse Devin wrote and recorded the album all by himself (oops, I mean Ziltoid wrote it XD). For proof, take a look at the cover art.
09.04.2007 - 13:39
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I wouldn't call that certain proof - that link doesn't look like an exact copy of the art, so who knows if "The...Band" will be added in the final release

That was freaky, you must have quoted me just as I logged in

Edit: Just looked at his entry on MA, and they have all his things collected too so as far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter. I guess it's likely not to say the band then
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
09.04.2007 - 23:23
Der Meister
Account deleted
But he also played and wrote it all by himself and the band isn't in it in any way so I don't see why it would be released under DTB. And I think I read somewhere that it IS going to be a DT release, not DTB. So I'm quite convinced that it is going to be DT.

Peace.
11.04.2007 - 00:29
CollisionInMind
Account deleted
I agree with those who say it isn't the most original thing, but I proceed to submit that very few other than Devin Townsend would have the balls to do something like this. It's more than just an album; Hevy Devy's got big plans for the creepy little caffeine addict. If I recall he wanted to do a TV show or something.
11.04.2007 - 14:19
Der Meister
Account deleted
Yeah, he's going to interview people with Ziltoid as a hand-puppet. It's a shame it propably won't be shown here in Europe.

Hits total: 3435 | This month: 12