Cultes Des Ghoules - Coven, Or Evil Ways Instead Of Love

7.7 | 33 votes |
Release date: 25 November 2016
Style: Black metal

Owners:

21 have it
3 want it

Disc I
01. The Prophecy (Prologue) / Devell, The Devell He Is, I Swer God... (Scene I)
02. Mischief, Mischief, The Devilry Is At Toil... (Scene II)
03. Strange Day, See The Clash Of Heart And Reason... (Scene III)
04. Storm Is Coming, Come The Blessed Madness... (Scene IV)

Disc II
01. Satan, Father, Savior, Hear My Prayer... (Scene V)

Additional info
All CD versions pressed as Double Disc digibook.

Guest review by
nikarg
Rating:
What is black metal? I think we can all agree that it is this kind of music that is extreme, atmospheric, frightening and evil. Cultes Des Ghoules, with their latest album, are all the aforementioned... and then some. If you are familiar with the band, Coven, Or Evil Ways Instead Of Love maybe comes as a natural progression to Henbane, although I for one did not expect such a masterpiece. If you haven't heard of Cultes Des Ghoules before, prepare yourself for one of the darkest, most occult and ghoulish (pun intended) musical journeys you've ever experienced.

Read more ››
published 02.01.2017 | Comments (1)

Found in 4 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 21   Visited by: 149 users
31.10.2016 - 18:15
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Pretty awful songtitles.

Sample track streaming over here. Sounds nasty good.
31.10.2016 - 19:16
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Awwww yea!!!
31.10.2016 - 19:34
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Lol, someones still swears heavily by MA for album info. No idea why the title here shouldn't be full thing.
31.10.2016 - 19:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by 3rdWorld on 31.10.2016 at 19:34

Lol, someones still swears heavily by MA for album info. No idea why the title here shouldn't be full thing.

Then why didn't you change it into the full title? And only added it in the info box?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.10.2016 - 19:42
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 31.10.2016 at 19:38

Then why didn't you change it into the full title? And only added it in the info box?

NO!! I DID add the album with the full title here. But apparently Mr.Fearmeister was so kind as to edit it and put the full title in the additional info. I am gonna edit the album now to the full title again.
31.10.2016 - 19:53
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Proof. No need to edit the album title anymore and it is not just "Coven", the correct title is the full title.
31.10.2016 - 20:03
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by 3rdWorld on 31.10.2016 at 19:53

Proof. No need to edit the album title anymore and it is not just "Coven", the correct title is the full title.

They refer to the album as Coven in the press release (both of us are literally linking the same source). Plus the album cover only have Coven written on it. Its not the first album on this site that does not have its full title in its name.

http://metalstorm.net/bands/album.php?album_id=2258&band_id=311&bandname=Bolt+Thrower
31.10.2016 - 20:15
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Guest on 31.10.2016 at 20:03

They refer to the album as Coven in the press release (both of us are literally linking the same source). Plus the album cover only have Coven written on it. Its not the first album on this site that does not have its full title in its name.

The press release must've had it just as "Coven" for the sake of making it brevity and not the press release any longer than it already was. Also there are millions of albums with no title in the cover at all and we aren't taking it as a big consideration tbh and also this looks like a special double disc book package, so they might've just mentioned the word coven. Technically speaking the full title of the album is the proper title and we can have it here with no problem or concern at all I think.
31.10.2016 - 20:22
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by 3rdWorld on 31.10.2016 at 20:15

The press release must've had it just as "Coven" for the sake of making it brevity and not the press release any longer than it already was. Also there are millions of albums with no title in the cover at all and we aren't taking it as a big consideration tbh and also this looks like a special double disc book package, so they might've just mentioned the word coven. Technically speaking the full title of the album is the proper title and we can have it here with no problem or concern at all I think.

True, its not that big of a deal since both titles are actually correct. I just liked Coven cause it looked nicer
31.10.2016 - 20:31
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Hahaha and I really prefer mouthful titles more so I prefer this one.
04.11.2016 - 19:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Sounds better than Henbane but making this nearly an hour and forty minutes long was silly. Just not worth it for this kind of music.
05.11.2016 - 15:56
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Full album stream.

09.11.2016 - 04:53
Fearmeister
Account deleted
I guess that means the album is out?
09.11.2016 - 05:06
3rdWorld
China was a neat
No idea, it is only going to start shipping on Nov 25 and only one track is streaming on BC so might be a frogged version, not sure.
13.11.2016 - 18:10
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by 3rdWorld on 09.11.2016 at 05:06

No idea, it is only going to start shipping on Nov 25 and only one track is streaming on BC so might be a frogged version, not sure.

It seems that this label is already selling it: http://utsogp.otwarte24.pl/3141,CULTES-DES-GHOULES-Coven-or-Evil-Ways-Instead-of-Love
14.11.2016 - 03:09
nikarg

The album slays! The vocals, the riffs, the atmosphere are near perfect!
17.11.2016 - 20:17
Rating: 8
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Way too long for the content if you ask me. Boring, dragged out melodies. Not as good as Henbane. The first and last tracks are my favorites on this one. It grew on me, but I think it would have been improved immensely by trimming the runtime almost in half.
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
21.11.2016 - 20:02
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Hopefully (fingers crossed) this will be released on a double cassette pack with a 666 panel J-card.
22.11.2016 - 20:48
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Yes I get it that the songs are unnecessarily bloated but I really enjoyed it. Maybe because I get what they try to do and really like it.
28.11.2016 - 07:12
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Not as good as Henbane but this still rocks. Should have been trimmed a bit but it doesn't suffer from the bloat as much as last year's Midnight Odyssey
25.12.2016 - 12:21
nikarg

Written by 3rdWorld on 31.10.2016 at 18:15

Pretty awful songtitles.

Sample track streaming over here. Sounds nasty good.

The song titles are just the beginnings of the lyrics of each song

Hits total: 3872 | This month: 12