Release date: 2006

01. Beyond Rememberance
02. Into The Light
03. The Spiral
04. Veil Of Midnight
05. Twilight
06. Dawn Of Defeat
07. The Last Horizon

Transcending Mortality is a new combo from Australia. The band plays a strong and powerful Progressive Metal which clearly flirts with Power Metal, European like American one. Their first album, "The Last Horizon" is already convincing in my opinion and I'm ready to bet some money on a band which will probably become famous soon?

"The Last Horizon" is a nice album. Full of technical songs with some cool interpretations, a great singer and a lot of nice catchy melodies, I'm sure that all the ones who like Progressive Metal will love this release. The band found the way to mix the heaviness of Power Metal with the complexity of Progressive Metal. We have a lot of nice songs on this release and well, Transcending Mortality doesn't have to be ashamed of their first album, it's already good and promising for the future of the band. Though, I regret a bit sometime that it's not so Prog, I mean that it's a bit too much oriented toward the Power Metal direction?

For a self released album, it's really well done. The recording is more than correct (not perfect but really, it's ok), the artworks and pictures are beautiful and the booklet is really classy. To be honest, my only problem with this album comes from the fact that sometime, the band seems to forget that they play Progressive Music too and tends to plays something which sounds too much like some "happy" European Power Metal. Definitely, for me it's not a good thing, especially when you see the great Progressive parts on the album. But I'm quite sure that they will be able to correct this point in the future.

"The Last Horizon" is a really good release and I'm extremely glad to give the opportunity to this young band to find some new fans here. They deserve all your support, if you like Progressive music, Power or just some good Metal. Now, I hope that a good label will take some minutes to listen to the album because I still can't understand why this band is unsigned? hey wake up!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 7
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 08.04.2007

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 13 users
08.04.2007 - 14:42
insanity.peppers

wow a TM review on metalstorm? my mate gives them lifts to gigs sometimes they're pretty cool
08.04.2007 - 16:24
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
IIve seen them about 4 times live, and one of their local gigs, was in a sports hall hahaahaha, me and my friend were the only metalheads there besides the bands friends and staff. I used to talk to the drummer sometimes, he worked near me.

I didnt expect them to be on MS so soon haha.

They are definatly a good band, they are quite original i find, mainly with the odd drum/guitar timings. They are not 'tight' yet as a band, but will soon improve.
26.06.2009 - 10:20
Rating: 7
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I'm actually one of the few who has this album.

It's a good album for a fairly promising band.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
30.06.2009 - 20:49
Stigmatized
Some really great music on this album, if only they had a better vocalist this album would be truly mind blowing.

Hits total: 4991 | This month: 10